Sign in to follow this  
florencewelch

♡ LARINA ♡

♡ LARINA POLL ♡  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Larina could ever do a song or something of that effect together?

• Never. I'd hate it.
    • Omg yasss my two queens would slay <3
    • I like them both, but a song together sounds awful.
    • Lana > Marina.

I feel like almost every Marina stan I've ever known IRL or online gets smug and annoyed when people compare them (Marina is a ~good feminist~ ~Girls is an ironic song~ ~Lana's had plastic surgery~ ~No one besides Marina (and me) could ever relate to teen idle~ )so I wouldn't want it just so I wouldn't have to see all that whining. 

As someone who loves both though, I think they could both learn/reach something cool with a collaboration. Marina might get some more inspired melodies and just some of Lana's overall "oomph" while Lana might up her wordplay and lose some of the (literal, not metaphorical or thematic) repetition she tends to overuse. 

tZ7WN4B.gif

Both are amazing and I love them but I don't get why they're compared all the time because they're really different and a collab imo would either be the most amazing thing you could lay your ears on or pure burning crap from hell - either way it'd be interesting.

I don't know how they would manage the huge differences in their styles. And wtf would the lyrics be? "Trailer park electra heart, you're not my daddy so piss off" like what. I don't think it will ever happen but if it does I'll be an excited little mess.

I feel like almost every Marina stan I've ever known IRL or online gets smug and annoyed when people compare them (Marina is a ~good feminist~ ~Girls is an ironic song~ ~Lana's had plastic surgery~ ~No one besides Marina (and me) could ever relate to teen idle~ )so I wouldn't want it just so I wouldn't have to see all that whining. 

As someone who loves both though, I think they could both learn/reach something cool with a collaboration. Marina might get some more inspired melodies and just some of Lana's overall "oomph" while Lana might up her wordplay and lose some of the (literal, not metaphorical or thematic) repetition she tends to overuse. 

really? i have noticed it to be the other way round. especially on tumblr, i always see people (lana stans) calling marinas lyrics and style awful compared to lana and wish people would stop comparing them but i have never seen it from a marina stan

Don't care for Marina, or I actually loathe her. She is just pretentious trash who wants to be a popstar so badly, but won't go anywhere, lel

i think this is the most misinformed and incorrect post i have ever read on this website

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I like both tbh. But I like Lana a little more if that makes any sense. I don't think a collab would work or

happen as they have separate vocal/songwriting styles and skills. Though stranger things have happened and I could see in the future both of them doing some production work on each others albums later on in there careers.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

really? i have noticed it to be the other way round. especially on tumblr, i always see people (lana stans) calling marinas lyrics and style awful compared to lana and wish people would stop comparing them but i have never seen it from a marina stan

Really? All the lana tumblr stans I run into are too busy photoshopping the lyrics to cola onto their selfies to even form an opinion.

tZ7WN4B.gif

Marina is my fave. I wouldn't really be here for a collab because they don't sound at all similar. I have no idea why people compare them in the first place, they are soo different. I obviously like both, so it doesn't matter i guess.

Don't care for Marina, or I actually loathe her. She is just pretentious trash who wants to be a popstar so badly, but won't go anywhere, lel

and I know i'm a stan but what the hell is this mess.  :biblio: Have you ever watched an interview of hers?  :biblio: have you ever listened to her music?  :toofloppy:

REJPMf7.png

I was pretty convinced after hearing the Bubblegum Bitch/National Anthem  and Primadonna/Burning Desire mash ups that they should collab. I know it seems so crazy and they seem so different but I think if they played on each other's strengths they could make something absolutely amazing. Marina is so strong and bold and Lana makes everything she touches seem ethereal. It would just work, I know.  :fabcat:

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

I swear someone asked this to Marina in a radio interview and she was in her whole "I want to stay pure and not collab with anyone" phase and said no but said she likes Lanas music

I know this thread is kind of dead, but I personally think a collab with those two would either be the best song I've ever heard or complete shit. I think a balladish song or at least something fairly acoustic would be nice.

Even if they don't collab, I ship them so hard. In all honesty Larina is my otp and I will sink with this ship. I don't even know why I ship them so hard I just feel like they'd balance each other out a little. I think they both are old souls and pretty dark but I feel like together they'd be good and a little less depressed.

Lost people find homes in each other. Who knows they could be perfect together, I mean if they liked chicks of course.

I don't know where this post went...

Lana > than anybody, though Marina has more than few very good songs, I place her 20th on my list of all time musicians, Lana fandom should value her. Maybe Larina wouldn't be something, or in anyone's plans, but they could do some Christmas song, I see on other thread such suggestions for Lana.

I don't think it would be as terrible as some make it out to be but I also just don't think it would ever happen. 

Marina opening for Lana though..  :creepna2:

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

I don't think it would be as terrible as some make it out to be but I also just don't think it would ever happen. 

Marina opening for Lana though..  :creepna2:

At this pace Lana would open for Marina...

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1