Sign in to follow this  
florencewelch

♡ LARINA ♡

♡ LARINA POLL ♡  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Larina could ever do a song or something of that effect together?

• Never. I'd hate it.
    • Omg yasss my two queens would slay <3
    • I like them both, but a song together sounds awful.
    • Lana > Marina.

SO. Larina is one of my favourite things in the world, and there isn't a thread for it! I'd thought I'd make one.

For those of you who don't know, Larina is the pairing {either friendly or romantic} of Lana Del Rey and Greek/Welsh recording artist Marina Diamandis, otherwise known as Marina & the Diamonds. While her music isn't very mainstream and she hasn't had anything out in a while, Marina is very, very popular in the Lana fandom. If you haven't given her a listen, I strongly encourage it!

Lana and Marina have never been spotted together, but they have tweeted each other very friendly things before:

(can't find the exact tweet source at the moment)

@@lanadelrey -> @@marinasdiamonds

• "Love You. Didn't wanna say Goodbye."
  • "thinking of you today. Happy New Years."
  • "How's My Girl?"

@@marinasdiamonds -> @@lanadelrey

• "I never wanna say g'bye to the Princess of Oi."
  • "Could not handle @@lanadelrey's beauty tonight. She is one of the true beauty queens. Listen to her music. Love u, gf."

Unfortunately we've never gotten a picture of them together, but there are great song mash-ups (National Anthem vs. Bubblegum Bitch is my fave) and excellent manips. 

post-4237-0-54325800-1399402021_thumb.jpg

post-4237-0-46775800-1399402032_thumb.jpg

So, what do you think? Are you a shipper, or just a fan? Would you like a collab? Discuss!

they call you CRY BABY, CRY BABY / but you don't fucking care!!

Marina and Lana wouldn't mashup well but if they cover each others songs then I could live with it. Lana's voice is too smokey and Marina's voice is too distinct and sharp compared to Lana. That's like saying Charli XCX should collaborate with Lana, or Marina should collaborate with Elvis. I love them but it's a nope for me.

Marina and Lana wouldn't mashup well but if they cover each others songs then I could live with it. Lana's voice is too smokey and Marina's voice is too distinct and sharp compared to Lana. That's like saying Charli XCX should collaborate with Lana, or Marina should collaborate with Elvis. I love them but it's a nope for me.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

Marina said she wouldnt do any more collabs

but omfg this tweet is so cute https://twitter.com/DrugMunny/status/185793519145857025

"I was riding this workout bicycle like Marina in front of some cuties the other day. It was fun. fun. fun."

I'm pretty sure that twitter isn't hers.

Hers was DrugMoney.

Marina said she wouldnt do any more collabs

but omfg this tweet is so cute https://twitter.com/DrugMunny/status/185793519145857025

"I was riding this workout bicycle like Marina in front of some cuties the other day. It was fun. fun. fun."

definitely not her

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I don't think their songs woukd work together thematically, lyrically or sonically. Their voices are far too different, and they sing about very different things. It just wouldn't work out, IMO.

That being said, I LOVE the 'National Bitch' mashup on YouTube! I never realised how well BBitch works with National Anthem. Same for Carmen Is Not A Robot, and Summertime Valley of Sadness

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

What's the point of photoshopping two celebs together? Why do people feel the need do that? Is it to fulfill a fantasy?

It's like creating people you love/hate in The Sims and then burning them to death/marrying them lol

I don't get, I just don't get it

ZmJh1LG.jpg