Sign in to follow this  
naachoboy

West Coast Official Remixes.

"Leaving you for the music"!?

Listen to the last one. She says that. I thought it was "Leaving you for the moment..."?

the official radio mix has different lyrics

though i generally dislike all remixes, i like the crooked and carl remixes

l2Sq4K7gijMLVChUI.gif

Ugh, I hate remixes that are official, yet don't have a proper album name, the first few I just put in the West Coast - Single, but now I've labeled it as West Coast (Remixes) - EP, but if she releases an official remix ep with that title that doesn't include those remixes, then I might cry & go turn into an ocd ball of goop. 

You sound like me, although I've just lumped everything West Coast into one album called "West Coast". For now anyway. I'd put these remixes in there with track numbers higher than all the official non-remix versions we've got until now if I was ever going to listen to them, but none of them make any aural sense to me, maybe only the first one in the OP. I've managed to control my tagging OCD slightly and just forced myself to not care as much, because sometimes it kept me from listening to certain songs  :facepalm:

I hate it when remixes just sample a tiny portion of the song, and the rest is just a beat or music? it's like, well what is the point in using the sample if it doesn't contribute to the song that much...

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I like the remixes tbh. Don't know what everyone's problem with them is. They give me a fresh perspective on a song I already love  :oprah3:

The William Carl Jr is my fave - love the beats.

I like the remixes tbh. Don't know what everyone's problem with them is. They give me a fresh perspective on a song I already love :oprah3:

The William Carl Jr is my fave - love the beats.

Soooo true. Personally, most artists I like have remixes I do and don't like. For Lana, I just keep the ones I like in separate album. Some are quite good!

Most remixes suck IMO lol. They always feel the need to throw in shit and repeat phrases over and over then CRESCENDO. I will stick with the first version I ever got and it was the first iTunes version. (followed be the new radio mix) hehe. Thanks for sharing these remixes those, I lost count and stopped trying to keep up. Nice to have them all located in one spot.

Doesn't a certain number youtube views count as a sale + remixes count as a sale towards to single? Maybe that's the reason for putting them out?? i could be wrong though, idk yo. I don't even like remixes, but ugh, I have to collect them because I'm all ocd about shit. 

9a32008aa9568555201e3b88bceeef59.jpg

the first one is very Ratatat

the second one ruins the entire song

I could see her hating the Ten Ven one though it reminds me of subpar Disclosure remix

the last one is very chilled, it probably captures the original the most

i thought you meant Ratatat from Fall Out Boy's album. lol

"Leaving you for the music"!?

Listen to the last one. She says that. I thought it was "Leaving you for the moment..."?

thats because its a remix of the European version in which the lyrics are changed slightly 

Ciggeretes and RoboTusin will i ever get to Heaven

As others have pointed out, the William Carl Jr remix is really good.

The original still stays my fave, although I think that is how it's meant to be when it's your favorite artist, you stay with their vision.

:quote: I'm in love :quote: with Dan Heath's Orchestral Mix! I mean, of course it sounds more like the BtD era and in the first moment I though "hm, the violins sound a little bit forced on this one", but it grew on my and I really like it now. I love how her voice is in the main spotlight here, especially the "breathinG" you hear in the second chorus realy gives me goosebumps.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!