Mind Melt

TOSTB

So why are you even on a Lana fanpage when you enjoy when people make fun of her? I'd think you would wanna stand up for Lana when people talk shit... Seriously, get over yourself.

Being a fan doesn't mean you have to love everything an artist does. I love Lana and her music so much, but I find that there are so many things that I critique about her (eg. the slut shaming in Fucked My Way). Same with Marina - Girls was a problematic song and I recognise that. It doesn't make you any less of a fan if you critique someone - it means that you realise that they are human and are susceptible to making mistakes. Besides, it's not as if TOSTB is really criticising Lana; he's just poking harmless fun at her. If he was saying 'Lana is shit she's a fake bitch I hate her she can't sing', then that would be unfair. There's a fine line between talking shit and harmless teasing/critiquing and in this case, I don't think that that boundary has been crossed.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Being a fan doesn't mean you have to love everything an artist does. I love Lana and her music so much, but I find that there are so many things that I critique about her (eg. the slut shaming in Fucked My Way). Same with Marina - Girls was a problematic song and I recognise that. It doesn't make you any less of a fan if you critique someone - it means that you realise that they are human and are susceptible to making mistakes. Besides, it's not as if TOSTB is really criticising Lana; he's just poking harmless fun at her. If he was saying 'Lana is shit she's a fake bitch I hate her she can't sing', then that would be unfair. There's a fine line between talking shit and harmless teasing/critiquing and in this case, I don't think that that boundary has been crossed.

TRUTHS

Oh, but he has. That's why he says "Fake boobs and fake lips" all the time. And I'm not saying to love everything an artist does, I'm saying to keep your negative comments about certain things to yourself and if you're going to share those opinions, do it in a positive way, not in a way that makes the artist look like shit. I find it completely stupid to bash an artist like he does, then turn around and go to their concerts and say you like them. He does that with Gaga. I just find it completely ridiculous.

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto5_500.jpg

What are you talking about

Lanas doesn't even have "fake boobs" so how is that about her? :toofunny:

He just made a character around his Lizzy icon. That's why you get to hear things like "daddy paid my way..." etc. He's not making fun of Lana, he's just writing about funny stuff that can make you laugh. It's not that serious.

We all know you don't like him. Just ignore him it's not that hard. Don't make a big deal about it again.

Oh, but he has. That's why he says "Fake boobs and fake lips" all the time. And I'm not saying to love everything an artist does, I'm saying to keep your negative comments about certain things to yourself and if you're going to share those opinions, do it in a positive way, not in a way that makes the artist look like shit. I find it completely stupid to bash an artist like he does, then turn around and go to their concerts and say you like them. He does that with Gaga. I just find it completely ridiculous.

I don't think he ever bashed Lana. Fake Boobs is about himself, not Lana. Daddy Paid My Way Up To The Top is a reference to false claims that Rob Grant paid Lana's way to stardom. It's just harmless fun, TOSTB is not trying to make Lana look like shit. If anything, I'm pretty sure Lana would laugh along too.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

this is the most ridiculous thing and there's a reason nobody else here is on your side.. we all know you don't like tostb for other reasons but that doesn't mean you should twist this around and make it out to be some monstrous thing when it's actually fucking harmless. he's a fan of lana making this for other fans of lana WITHIN THIS COMMUNITY for us to enjoy and it's fucking funny. he's not making her look like shit. he's certainly not bashing her. literally every single person i've ever known in my entire life makes little jokes about their favorite artists (if you really can't understand that somehow then idk what to tell you) but in the end we all fucking love lana with all our hearts and no fanmade comedy album that references her here and there is going to change our love for her OR tostb's love for her. he's making this to share w the fanbase and it's filled with little jokes that we as lana fans would get, and that we as normal people would be able to laugh at. he is in absolutely no way "bashing" her AT ALL and it blows my mind that you really don't have enough common sense to notice the huge difference between playfulness and bashing. 

tumblr_nmmbwoRHz01sxxwkso1_1280.png

BITCH I AM VERSACE (the second single from the long-awaited Freaky Fat Bitch mixtape; get ya life! :yesnod:) will be streaming tomorrow, April 11th, exclusively on TOSTB's TinyChat -- which will start around 8PM or 9PM EST. SoundCloud and Tumblr releases to follow on Sunday, April 12th!

Be there or be square xx :creepna:

rihKQ8M.gif