Viva

Poll: What pop star will have Madonna's longevity?

Longetivity  

71 members have voted

1. 1. What artist will have Madonna's longevity?

• Lana Del Rey
    • Adele
    • Rihanna
    • Katy Perry
    • Pink
    • Taylor Swift
    • Lady Gaga
    • Beyoncé
    • Miley Cyrus
    • Lorde
    • Gwen Stefani
    • Demi Lovato
    • Shakira
    • Florence
    • Nicki Minaj
    • Avril Lavigne
    • Ellie Goulding
    • Azealia Banks

We have so many pop artists out there, some amazing others not that much. Yet life is giant wheel and only a very few will be relevant in 10 years. From those relevant in 10 years even fewer, if any, will be relevant in 20 years like old amazing Madge.

Who do you think will have Madonna's longevity in the music business? Selling world tours and making albums 10, 20 years from now?

glgcDdT.gif

Rihanna: she literally didn't do anything major this year and yet she continues to dominate social media :hooker:

Gaga: she might be flopping rn but I'm confident that she will be able to pick herself up again, she is capable of it

Lorde: because she's young and still has a lot ahead of her, she's already achieved a lot 

none of them if im being honest

lel @ katy though. her 15 minutes is probably almost up - she'll run out of cultures to appropriate soon enough.

:bye2:

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

if katy wasnt shit she could become the next madonna because the GP seem to love her, but theyll eventually get bored of dr lukes trash so she'd want to step up her game

Rihanna, so many #1 hits in so little time and prepping for her 8th album? She's been in the biz for 10 years and shows no signs of stopping. Granted her sales aren't the same and she hasn't had the same cultural impact, the fact we know who she is a decade later speaks for itself

and I'm not even a Rihanna stan

BzhmW.png

Mainly Beyoncé, Gaga an Rihanna.

Maybe Lorde, she is already getting international success for the youngest pop artist right now.

Florence will definitely impact multiple generations in the future, her voice never goes unappreciated or unnoticed ; she's the next Stevie Nicks.

Katy will maintain a successful career and will continue to give us amazing pop hits similar to Rihanna.

Miley will be relevant in 10 years, she's been going steadily and selling out stadiums since 2006ish.

Adele, Nicki, Gwen & Pink are questionable.

The rest are irrelevant.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

None of them will have Madonna's relevance and longevity. It's a once in a lifetime achievement, what she's worked for. A lot of them I can see staying in the game for decades to come but none will be remembered as Madonna will. Lana will write music forever. I can see Adele chiming out at a certain time. The stronger pop girls like Bey, Rihanna and Katy will get by but eventually may become nostalgia acts in the same way GaGa has. The general public losing interest in their day to day shit but still coming back for the old hits, if not just have a small stan base like the Little Monsters still are.

Lorde will be gone soon.

I would love to see Lana going strong for at least another 20 years (although it's still questionable if we get anything after UV)
Rihanna will probably going for a bit more, she's had an amazing career so far and she keeps going.

I feel like Lorde has a strong future. She receives backlash based on the fact that she's an opinionated 17 year old (How many of you weren't, lbr.) Aside from that, Pure Heroine did amazing, and I believe she will continue.