C0neyIslandKing

Lana Del Rey performs "Ultraviolence" (Song) in Vancouver

Someone needs to give this is a lyric thread

Literally the only thing I would change about this song is Lana using an original line rather than the overdone 'hit me and it felt like a kiss' thing, even Florence changed it up to 'a kiss with a fist is better than none', Lana could have easily made it more personal rather than quoting someone else. But I love love love the lyrics otherwise. I just realised we have like 3 weeks until release :defeated:

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

I kind of feel sorry for Barrie. I would be upset if my fiancée wrote songs about her ex lovers. The reason why she is still referring to her past might be that it was more dramatic than her recent life. She has a balanced life, so there is barely action.

I kind of feel sorry for Barrie. I would be upset if my fiancée wrote songs about her ex lovers. The reason why she is still referring to her past might be that it was more dramatic than her recent life. She has a balanced life, so there is barely action.

Um, the song seems to sing about two people.. she refers to Jim in third person and in the past, but then she's speaking to someone in first in the present/future. 

Literally the only thing I would change about this song is Lana using an original line rather than the overdone 'hit me and it felt like a kiss' thing, even Florence changed it up to 'a kiss with a fist is better than none', Lana could have easily made it more personal rather than quoting someone else. But I love love love the lyrics otherwise. I just realised we have like 3 weeks until release :defeated:

I thought that was her line from Beautiful Player. Or was that a cover? 

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

OMG! Love it so so much! It's perfect! :bodyisready:

Still I don't get the whole Jim thing. Somehow I believe that she's singing about another Jim, not Jimmy Gnecco, I mean it is a pretty common name.

Yes! It is! And that intro! 

Hmm, yes, that is true! :smile: It is very common!

Nope, she took it from someone else originally

Ohh OK. Thanks! Maybe she just really likes it (I like it too :tongue:)

I'm liking this song the more I play it. I am getting obsessed with it. I love it. I need the studio version. I won't be able to sleep tonight because I am so obsessed with it. If I do fall asleep, I will dream of this song and what the studio version might sound sound like (if I do dream). :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: So I'm obsessed with the two album title songs - Born To Die and Ultraviolence. 

You have to remember we do not know the degree of fiction in her songwriting. Yes, it's largely inspired by her personal life but that does not mean she can't make stuff up. 

Honestly, i wouldn't want this song to be about Jimmy and I'm glad it's not about Barrie.

Barrie's probably like "Well, now everyone's gonna think Jimmy Gnecco is an abusive little shit. Glad this song isn't about me."

Honestly, i wouldn't want this song to be about Jimmy and I'm glad it's not about Barrie.

Barrie's probably like "Well, now everyone's gonna think Jimmy Gnecco is an abusive little shit. Glad this song isn't about me."

Haha, yes, that's true!