brokenfaith

Album Trailer Featuring "Shades of Cool," "Ultraviolence," and "Brooklyn Baby" Snippets

Does anyone else feel like Lana painted a completely different picture of this album to what we've heard?

Hmmm elaborate! I honestly had nothing in mind after thinking BB wasn't going to be used.

I like a lot of what Floppy Seal Pop said and he hit most of it on the head. That said, what little we've heard from Brooklyn Baby, it obviously doesn't touch what she' capable of.  Aside from kind of dumb lyrics, I hope she doesn't just repeat the title of the song like we've seen so far in Brooklyn Baby and Ultraviolence.  I think that's what put me off a bit about it.  I like UV though, but I've heard that in its entirety of course. 

u6pq4c9.gif

I'm from California and all of the tracks we've gotten so far make me feel extra Californian? idk..
I feel like Lana wasn't lying when she said that UV would have a lot of 'West coast vibes'.
Oh, and Brooklyn baby made the feeling of the wind blowing through my hair feel even better, tbh.
Just thought I'd share this. :creep:

Does anyone else think that the clips in the video aren't outtakes from the WC video, but in fact scenes from the Ultraviolence, Shades, and BBY music videos that she's going to put on youtube all at once on the day the album drops? I could see it now...all in black and white, fitting the same 'theme'.. but maybe I'm just desperately hoping for more of her. Also, Ultraviolence sounds epic & life affirming so far!   :slay:

I am a shark,  beware of my bark

Does anyone else think that the clips in the video aren't outtakes from the WC video, but in fact scenes from the Ultraviolence, Shades, and BBY music videos that she's going to put on youtube all at once on the day the album drops? I could see it now...all in black and white, fitting the same 'theme'.. but maybe I'm just desperately hoping for more of her. Also, Ultraviolence sounds epic & life affirming so far!   :slay:

i was having the same thought. because it shows the "outtakes" during the other songs and not west coast makes me feel like shes going for a mini tropico or something 

Ciggeretes and RoboTusin will i ever get to Heaven

If she shot that many videos, we would probably know about it

Well, atleast ONE other video would make sense. I mean, there are 2 more settings we've seen, which feature the boys hanging out and some more red-dress scenes. All other scenes are infact outtakes from WC. So maybe there will be one video featuring the same settings, could imagine this for something like Brooklyn Baby.

I hope Ultraviolence gets it's own music video, as it really tells a story.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Not really, sounds pretty Californian to me.

Hmmm elaborate! I honestly had nothing in mind after thinking BB wasn't going to be used.

Not the 'californian' thing, more the 'dark' and 'unlistenable' descriptions

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

Well, I guess it depends on what you imagined. It all sounds "cinematic" so far, "unlistenable" ... well, I guess this was a little bit of promo  exaggeration, but we'll see. And it is infact dark, however maybe not in the way we thought it would be.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

its really dark, all of the songs a bit at least, unlistenable maybe with ultraviolence (the song), the shades of cool's bridge.

I guess it depends what sort of melodies you like, i know a couple fans of her BTD album have failed to connect with anything from this new album so far because it doesn't feature big pop hooks like her previous work. I find the materiel catchy enough so its not an issue for me but the songs do lack a bit of radio friendly fair when compared to the likes of songs like Summertime Sadness or National Anthem. In a way, this album may be very unlistenable to the very regular fan of her more accessible songs. 

I guess it depends what sort of melodies you like, i know a couple fans of her BTD album have failed to connect with anything from this new album so far because it doesn't feature big pop hooks like her previous work. I find the materiel catchy enough so its not an issue for me but the songs do lack a bit of radio friendly fair when compared to the likes of songs like Summertime Sadness or National Anthem. In a way, this album may be very unlistenable to the very regular fan of her more accessible songs.

Born to Die is not radio-friendly at all.

BTD accessible? x.X