brokenfaith

Album Trailer Featuring "Shades of Cool," "Ultraviolence," and "Brooklyn Baby" Snippets

I think some of the best poems and song lyrics are simple and easy to understand. Lana can be sophisticated one time and just a regular girl singing about trivial things at another point. But she is usually philosophical and a natural born poet

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

BB sounds very elusive

I love it

It just sounds like the kinds of song you would get high to while it's raining outside...or is that her whole discography :creep:

I'm REALLY happy that Lana worked with Dan for this record and chose a different director (can't recall his name, too lazy to look it up :creep:). From the little we've seen, I'm positive that this will be a very successful era, with Lana winning the critics over and in turn, encouraging her NOT TO WORK WITH THE SAME PEOPLE ALL THE DAMN TIME  because this floppy seal pup hates it. 

I understand that artists often have consistent / life-long collaborators but I couldn't handle any more of the same sounds.  :ohno:  :ohno:  :ohno: 

It'd be especially a pity if she stuck with "the same three guys" after being exposed to all the damn genres she can so effortlessly do  :defeated: 

YES I'M STILL HOPING FOR A COUNTRY ALBUM A STAN CAN DREAM OK  :creep: 

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

I don't equate "liking pretty things and being subversive" to "lacking any real artistry" and "her work [being] shit", but apparently you do. Please refrain from putting words in my mouth.

The aforementioned characteristics of her work are why I like her. You don't actually think I choose to moderate a forum for an artist whose work I have little respect for? Christ. 

That's why I don't like Lord's songs,  because she's not royalty like Lana and me. Her car is a Uno or a Brasilia Vellha.  Her teeth crack on fake diamonds. Ewww. I like pretty things

Lana is an SOUTH American Icon. I can't wait to get enraptured by Ultraviolence. :teehee:

FIFY

glgcDdT.gif

Well, I guess when you truly believe her lyrics haven't worsen you must be in denial.. I just feel like she doesn't show as much variety any more, her lyrics have become really really simple instead of clever ryhming. She always talks about painting pictures with words, but they're not as vivid as they used to be. But don't wanna complain, I don't know but it's just that common phenomenon of your fave band/singer's first album, they just never go back.

In loving memory of lines like.. "Feet don't fail me now, take me to the finish line", "He loves me with every beat of his cocaine heart", "I stayed up waitin', anticipatin' and pacin', but he was chasiing paper..", "They say that the world was built for two", "Let's take Jesus of the dashboard, got enough on his mind", "Excessive buyin, overdosin', dyin' on our drugs and our love and our dreams and our rage..", "Tell em when you find true love it lives on", "Merican dreams came true somehow, swore I'd chase until I was dead", "Darlin, darlin, doesn't have a problem, lying to herself 'cause her liquors top shelf", "You look like a million dollar man, so why is my heart broke?", "Got my bad baby by my heavenly side, i Know if I go, I'll die happy tonight", "Ribbons in our hair and our eyes gleamed mean, a freshmen generation of degenerate beauty queens", "Gold and silver line my heart, but burned into my brain are these stolen images", "Just you and me feelin the heat even when the sun goes down", "I tried so hard to act nice like a lady, you taught me it was good to be crazy" AND MANY MORE

I think she is progressing into an incredible visual artist. Her visual world keeps getting better even if her song writing is a little stuck. Give the woman a break tho we have more than 300 Lana songs. I bet if you had 300 songs from any other artist you would find them repectitive too. Lana has more leaks then the Beatles and Rolling Stones entire discography combined. 

glgcDdT.gif

Is it me or she's just overusing the word 'baby'? And don't tell me she always has cause now it's different. She used it to accompany other much clever lyrics, but now she seems to use it as a main thing and it's bothering me a little like

My baby lives in shades of blue...

I can see my baby swinging...

I'm a Brooklyn baby, I'm a Brooklyn baby...

baby.

BABY.

baby.

BABY.

btw STOP calling Brookyn Baby 'BB', THAT'S BLACK BEAUTY, ok? We should call it BBY as someone suggested.

ZmJh1LG.jpg

Brooklyn Baby's lyrics might not be stellar, but the overall feel of the song is amazing judging from this clip.

I like how she has moved on to a new source of imagery from 60's hipster environment with beat poetry and jazz and Lou Reed and leather jacket coolness

But I also hope she doesn't rely too much on it as a way of "maturing" in her lyrics. You can use all the cool references you want, but if you use in "simple" love songs, it's only gonna come off as pretentious. Unlike the whole American kitsch universe she build AKA around.