Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

I'm having trouble opening up several of the spoilers in the OP. (But I sometimes have trouble elsewhere on the forum, so I'm not sure whether it's a glitch in the coding, or something on my end.)

I like the theory floating around that Lana and Barrie are secretly married. (What can I say, I'm a sucker for romance.) That would make the most sense, assuming Cola is about one guy (unless he's secretly married to someone else?) Of course, she's said before that she references different relationships in the same song at times, so who knows.

Anyone else having this problem with the spoilers? They all work for me.

I guess it's about as plausible as anything else presented so far, and it sure would tie into her statement on applying older songs to him by re-recording "Yayo"--the engagement song for her.

I hope you know that I fucking love you.

:smiles: This thread really is my pleasure.

that's not an assumption anymore though, is it?

Not since her GQ interview, no. Thanks, I fixed it.

What do you mean? she has a sponsor and it's not him. (Disclaimer: this is my own opinion- Nothing is known to be confirmed/100% True lmao)

TPD THEORIZE ABOUT THE RELATIONS OF HIT & RUN + VAN WILSON PLZ.

Isn't this thread missing a section on how "Gods & Monsters" is obviously about me?

In the land of gods and monsters I was an angel, living in the garden of Evil...

In the land of gods and monsters I was an angel, looking to get fucked hard...

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

My timeline:

K: 1999-2004, 2004 spent in Alabama

Van Wilson: A&R 5 points, 2006 met him at the WLSC 2006, probably a short fling.

Jimmy G: 2007/2008. I think it was also platonic, and more driven from Lana's side. Probably covered the period she was at the trailer park in NJ

Mike M: Met him first for the interview at Arlene's Grocery in February 2009. With him for 2009, and early 2010 (dated by tweets), but I guess he did not want her to pursue her music anymore, and they broke up (lyrics of Afraid really encapsulate their break-up). The guy rebounded quickly to the woman he got married to in October 2010. I think many of her songs deal with this relationship and the break-up.

Reeve Carney, can't place him in the timeline, maybe 2008 after JG.

I don't think Lana has had many relationships. She has said in multiple interviews that in real life she is very quiet, lonely, does not talk much, and therefore continues to feel very strongly about her main relationships (K and MM), because few people really understand her. I think the rings she wears is significant, particularly the one that covers both fingers, because I guess that indicates her eternal feelings for two men. I just hope she can move on at some point, and find someone (I hate thinking of her lonely and alone), although any boyfriend would have to learn to live with the ghosts of two people in the room, K and MM.

Jesus, where do you get all this info? Btw: Do you think Mike. M is the guy she's always singing about?

FEET DON'T FAIL ME NOW. TAKE ME TO THE FINISH LINE.

After reading this WHOLE thing until 5:30 AM, I think it's really important to say that Bradley is married to Porcelain Black and has been for a while. They were together when lana filmed BTD and Blue Jeans, so... if they did have that type of relationship, that may explain why in BTD Paradise, she says so many things about being the OTHER woman. In the ride video and the entire chorus of Cola.

AMIRITE?! AMIRITE!?

Also, Lana has gone on record stating that Cola was inspired by Barrie too.

Black and Soileau got married in April and in every single interview before that, he said he was single. I always thought that was weird.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

EDIT: I'm also working on my own version of LANALYSIS, which will be MUCH BETTER. :P Stay tuned for that!

It'll be much, much better. :3

I'll be working in conjunction with Sitar on a few things, I hope.

Thanks so much, I can't wait for you to shit on all my hard work :teehee: (It will be fantastic.)

Oprah, does your name change mean there will be no Felinalysis? :(

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

A Lolita is a 9-14 year old girl that's in a relationship with an older man. She was already at least 20 when she got into relationships with Gnecco and Mizrahi. She may like older guys but that's nothing too weird now. It would've been different if she was a child (or early teenager) sleeping with a 35 year old man.

Yes, she likes older men, but I don't think she was in a relationship with an older man as a child, that just seems to be a fantasy of hers.

Why not? It's illegal and that man could go to prison if she told everyone about it.

It's pretty obvious she likes older men. She says it herself in Cola.

But actually, Barrie (the guy she's dating currently) is 2 years younger than her, I think...

FEET DON'T FAIL ME NOW. TAKE ME TO THE FINISH LINE.

It's pretty obvious she likes older men. She says it herself in Cola.

But actually, Barrie (the guy she's dating currently) is 2 years younger than her, I think...

Liking older men as a 27-year old than liking old men as a child. And the boyfriends we know of weren't that much older than her. Nothing weird.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

This thread is incredible. Im literally sending everyone here. This is beautiful.

After reading this WHOLE thing until 5:30 AM, I think it's really important to say that Bradley is married to Porcelain Black and has been for a while. They were together when lana filmed BTD and Blue Jeans, so... if they did have that type of relationship, that may explain why in BTD Paradise, she says so many things about being the OTHER woman. In the ride video and the entire chorus of Cola.

AMIRITE?! AMIRITE!?

Also, Lana has gone on record stating that Cola was inspired by Barrie too.

You're a darling.

I had no idea Bradley and Porcelain were a thing when Lana hired him. Very interesting. That pretty much makes her the other woman no matter what, hmm? You see, I'm confident they had a fling. I think it's a bit naive to say they didn't.

"Cola" is interesting. I'm pretty sure the verses have nothing to do with the chorus and serve only as poetry of a sort to emphasize what a badass slut she is. I only think this because Barrie inspired the Pepsi cola line, and yet he's not one of those "men who are older". And he's certainly not married. I think it absolutely makes sense for it to be about Bradley. Which leaves "Radio" kind of in the dust...

If there are no objections or counterarguments, I'm going to go ahead and call "Cola" our second Bradley song :woot: Was hoping for at least one on Paradise.

You're a darling.

I had no idea Bradley and Porcelain were a thing when Lana hired him. Very interesting. That pretty much makes her the other woman no matter what, hmm? You see, I'm confident they had a fling. I think it's a bit naive to say they didn't.

"Cola" is interesting. I'm pretty sure the verses have nothing to do with the chorus and serve only as poetry of a sort to emphasize what a badass slut she is. I only think this because Barrie inspired the Pepsi cola line, and yet he's not one of those "men who are older". And he's certainly not married. I think it absolutely makes sense for it to be about Bradley. Which leaves "Radio" kind of in the dust...

If there are no objections or counterarguments, I'm going to go ahead and call "Cola" our second Bradley song :woot: Was hoping for at least one on Paradise.

How do we know Soileau and Black were in a relationship when he was hired? He always said he was single up until April of this year so "I know your wife and she wouldn't mind" wouldn't really make sense. And from the little I know about Black, I'm 100% sure she'd mind. I think Lana's either talking about another man or that line has no meaning at all. I also think it's possible she's talking about a man from her past since she's been with Barrie since August 2011 (Source) and she would've been cheating on him. On the other hand, if she did cheat on him it could make sense to mention it in this song since she's said it's inspired by him...

How do we know Soileau and Black were in a relationship when he was hired? He always said he was single up until April of this year so "I know your wife and she wouldn't mind" wouldn't really make sense. And from the little I know about Black, I'm 100% sure she'd mind. I think Lana's either talking about another man or that line has no meaning at all. I also think it's possible she's talking about a man from her past since she's been with Barrie since August 2011 (Source) and she would've been cheating on him. On the other hand, if she did cheat on him it could make sense to mention it in this song since she's said it's inspired by him...

Another thing I've been meaning to talk about. I do reckon she cheated on Barrie. She lived with a former boyfriend in New York around that time and--in my world--definitely had a thing with Bradley. Both could only have occurred after August 2011. Anyone else remember reading about them breaking up, around May was it? It could have something to do with that, hence the melancholy undertones of "Ride" and potentially "Body Electric". I think the reason they're so public now is because Lana proved she was done messing around when they got back together.

But Hunter, I'm interested in why you think Bradley and Porcelain Black were together at the time.

Another thing I've been meaning to talk about. I do reckon she cheated on Barrie. She lived with a former boyfriend in New York around that time and--in my world--definitely had a thing with Bradley. Both could only have occurred after August 2011. Anyone else remember reading about them breaking up, around May was it? It could have something to do with that, hence the melancholy undertones of "Ride" and potentially "Body Electric". I think the reason they're so public now is because Lana proved she was done messing around when they got back together.

But Hunter, I'm interested in why you think Bradley and Porcelain Black were together at the time.

Why are you so sure she had a fling with Soileau? I think Lana and Barrie are now more public with their relationship because they've gotten closer. She's spending a lot more time in Britain than she used to. She used to always be in New York and travel to London a lot but now she's almost always in London. Also, maybe she had to finish her Born to Die era before getting serious with Barrie since Born to Die is all about other men she used to love so much.

I'm pretty sure he was single when he shot the Born To Die video from what I've seen in his old tweets from back then and his old tumblr. But he was definitely with Black during the Blue Jeans video. I remember reading this one interview he did and he he mentioned Porcelain as his new crush or something before the Blue Jeans video.