Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

For some reason, I have this feeling K really was Lana's one true love and she's just waiting to die to see him in heaven ("scared you won't be waiting on the other side" etc.)

ya that;s what i was saying, i think K definatley was her one true love, her and barrie seem like such a strange couple...

So what about You Can Be The Boss

Is it just a non-specific guy

also the fire in your eyes, no i saw it, is similar to the light in your eyes in you and me, also the video heavily refrences a mafia murder type scene which again alludes to K, it mentions a white corvette.. cant think of many other lana songs that mention that car though, and lanas thing for cars and K suggest that K's car should have gotten more than a few mentions

dlnh8i.gif

That took forever to read, but i found it pretty interesting to learn about Lana's past relationships. Haha

lH7Zs6V.gif      

hey here is something basically irrelevant I noticed: In Mizrahi's article about Lizzy, he describes her as "with American flags on each of her fingernails" similiar to the lyric in Boarding School "with American flags on each little finger..."

I'm finally reading this :shh:

and I'm on the section "You Made Me Nice for a While" and listening to Noir so basically I'm gonna put my 2 cents into this.

Noir is about Mike Mizrahi

Conclusion: Mike was on older “filmmaker” who Lana met around 2009,[/Quote]

ok, Noir has some lyrics that migh make a reference to KOL, both talks about a Glamurous girl who meets an old man (papi), also the song may refer to She's not Me (He's gonna leave me,/He wants a real girl,) and even Afraid has to do with Noir, he finally left her, so she can follow her dream (Yo, good luck, good luck,/Good luck! May all,/The stars in the sky,/Bow down to you,)

it's not great, I know but hey I wanna contribute to this :uh:

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif

I think you're correct, BVA. Boy, do I have some catching up to do here...

My Best Days

Hit & Run

You & Me

Break My Fall

Us Against the World

Butterflies Part 2 (should be interesting)

Noir

Dynamite

Back to tha Basics

One line that jumps out at me from those songs is in BTTB: "You've been pretty stupid ever since you got famous." Do you think this was a line spoken to her? Or is she singing to Jimmy (which doesn't make sense because he's been famous for a while)? Or she dated some other celebrity?

One line that jumps out at me from those songs is in BTTB: "You've been pretty stupid ever since you got famous." Do you think this was a line spoken to her? Or is she singing to Jimmy (which doesn't make sense because he's been famous for a while)? Or she dated some other celebrity?

Maybe Reeve? He's become pretty famous.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

It's hard to tell with these lyrics whether they're things that Lana thought about someone or what someone thought about Lana~ if you get it the wrong way round then the meaning totally changes :isee:

one time, lana del rey told me that I made her day~ it was awesome

I think is Reeve, I mean he has to be pretty stupid to be Tailor Swift's love interest in a video :uh:

*I want Taylor to date Reeve and see wha she can bring to the table, imagine*

You are no longer with that girl

she just wanna play

and her name is Lana Del Rey

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif

I think this song is about mike, just because it's the one relationship that we know (?) didn't end amicably. she still talks to reeve, her and arthur are cool, I mean who knows about jimmy but I hear from his fans that he's the nicest guy ever (yeah ik taking crazy fans for 100%) and i think songs like my best days or you and me are more about jimmy or K...kind of looking back fondly on the relationship kinds of songs. i think mike tried 2 control her singing and eventually she just got tired of it and went off to do her own thing. like in video games she was fine just being with him but then the relationship got fucked up and she wanted to leave like in afraid. then she came back all different and confident (with plastic surgery) and he tried to tear her down again but she was not havin it. idk im a little high hope this makes sense

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

I think is Reeve, I mean he has to be pretty stupid to be Tailor Swift's love interest in a video :uh:

*I want Taylor to date Reeve and see wha she can bring to the table, imagine*

You are no longer with that girl

she just wanna play

and her name is Lana Del Rey

I'm really gonna miss you picking fights

And me, falling for a screaming that I'm right

And you, will hide away and find your piece of mind

With some indie record that's much cooler than mine <- Born to Die obv

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Maybe Reeve? He's become pretty famous.

Could be, it is the trailer park era after all.

I think this song is about mike, just because it's the one relationship that we know (?) didn't end amicably. she still talks to reeve, her and arthur are cool, I mean who knows about jimmy but I hear from his fans that he's the nicest guy ever (yeah ik taking crazy fans for 100%) and i think songs like my best days or you and me are more about jimmy or K...kind of looking back fondly on the relationship kinds of songs. i think mike tried 2 control her singing and eventually she just got tired of it and went off to do her own thing. like in video games she was fine just being with him but then the relationship got fucked up and she wanted to leave like in afraid. then she came back all different and confident (with plastic surgery) and he tried to tear her down again but she was not havin it. idk im a little high hope this makes sense

Please come into this thread with more high thoughts, I agree with all of that and it's a great way to look at what brand of nostalgia she has. I also like your timeline because in Afraid and Butterflies it seems she's leaving him, but in American Dream and She's Not Me it seems he left her.

When a thought of K suddenly comes in...

tumblr_me0hho0Z6R1r7oj7fo1_r2_500.gif

poor bby :oprah:

She's still thinking of him now and then, what he would say about everything that is happening to her lately, how he would caress her in the dark moments of her famous life nowadays, the way they used to be together, losing him...

It's kind of the same expression she does after performing Without You in Amoeba music store. Singing "can you picture it, babe, the life we could've lived?" must strike her down. Talking about that, I think the lyrics "Summertime is nice and hot/And my life is sweet like vanilla is/Gold and silver line my heart" mean that her life is nice now with the fame and what it can bring to someone like her. Then, "But burned into my brain all these stolen images" implies that even with all of that happening to her, the memories of them (cops) taking him away from her, "stealing" him and the clips of the life they would've had together won't stop popping out in her head. And that's probably what's happening with her before these expressions that she can't help.

About this I'm really sure: it's the look of someone who's heartbroken.