Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

I thought we had established that he was significantly older than her. I think he was a couple years older than her maybe 2, 3, 4 years older maybe a little more but I dont think he is really old. I think that he is not that older than her because of songs like Gangsta Boy which makes me think they met when she was still living in lake placid and that he was somewhat young like her.

Well, we don`t really have evidence for them meeting anywhere at any time, do we? frustrating. Yeah frustating indeed. But I think they met in Lake placid like I said. Some songs make me think they did at least.

Yeah, sure but she says all the pictures say that you`re still young. I think you`re ignoring that point. He`s young in the pictures. So he`s either been a prison for a long time (and he went in when he was still "young") or he wasn`t that much older than Lana but I thought that we had established that he was significantly older than her so I`m trying to find other explanations. They could only have been taken when they were together if: 1. K-is-old-theory: They met when she was still very young. or 2. K-ain`t-that-old-theory: Well, he just ain`t that that old. All the pictures could easily be all the pictures she has of him. Even if has like 5 years that he died Lana is still 5 years older and K didn't grow old 5 years because he is dead. Like pictures she has hanging in her wall (just an example) are from years ago. Lana's recently pictures shows she got older like anyone would but he remains the same age. Still young doesn't mean that Lana is would just means he will never get older. Maybe he went to prison when she was 17 or something. If she was sent to Kent for her drink problem and walking with the wrong crowd maybe K is part of that crowd. Some lyrics make me think they met on htta time

Why don`t you think K was old? I`ve been interpreting being sure he was old. I don`t think they broke up: K's a friend of mine / I think about him as he does time (For K). Broke up doesn't mean she didn't care anymore or didn't have feelings for him. I think they were young because the way she talks about him gives me that impression.

I don't know what happened to K. Maybe someone killed him in prison or maybe he died of some disease maybe suicide. What happened to him is a mistery to me honestly. Maybe he got fried in the eletric chair. Could be so many things.  But in the end this is just my interpretation. Body Eletric could also in my opinion be seen as a song about alcohol and her alcoholism. Like Lana talking to herself. I have the impression that sometimes alcohol gets a part of a lover, a lost love.

glgcDdT.gif

I've always held the belief that Blue Jeans is just a more specific and detailed take on the same story told in Westbound.

Westbound seems to be a tale of K (a known drug dealer at this point) leaving his friends and family. He obviously didn't tell Lana where he was going, and he was probably leaving wherever the hell he was to get away from the law.

Blue Jeans, however, gives us a specific take. We obviously know it's about K, and the fact that he leaves to pursue money (drugs). "Then they took you away" is reference to his death/prosecution by the authorities (see - Sirens for detailed version of that story).

It's a bit of a stretch but they both seem to be about how K left her unexpectedly to pursue money/escape the law, and with the story told in Sirens that echoes in Blue Jeans, it sure seems like Westbound might well be about K, however generic it is.

tumblr_mjtygmUvm11rtm6dso1_500.png

Wow! This is a really awesome thread! All/most of your theories seem quite likely to me and I really enjoyed reading it (I didn't read all yet, but do it soon).

I've also often been thinking about the relations between Lana's songs and her live but didn't ever found out that much.

So I just wanted to thank you all for this topic. You've  made my day!  :kiss: 

lana_takeitoff_notxb4uwe.gif

This may sound completely stupid but could this be about K wanting to get out of jail (Daddy, baby, big jail break), them taking a road trip and committing suicide (Day and night on our last vacation / We gonna see it all before we say goodbye) in the end because the police would find K and lock him up again? Or possibly Lana fantasizing about that?

Just a thought but could the big jail break be breaking out if school? Daddy (k) baby. (Lana) escaping school? Rather than Jail and K being incarceration, could it be about boarding school where I'm sure she met him?

Personally, I`ve never really seen to mother, father lines as very deep or meaningful, just Lana being overly dramatic and poetic.

I think the post is right, she's talking about her influences and who created 'her', at one point it was Elvis and Marilyn, probably her early days were she was influenced by his music and her glamour which is reflected in her songs and dress and later Whitman (a "proper" writer where she feels like she has validated her song writing as good) and Monaco (money and glamour sophistication) heaven she's a bit obsessed with and for some reason she considers it precious and her 'baby', suicides her father; how she feels she can see/be/reach her heaven and 'opulence'is the end I take that as indulgence etc, what were her favourite vices? Drugs and alcohol? I take the last line as the way to get to the end? As in to die. Hope this makes sense c

Personally, I`ve never really seen to mother, father lines as very deep or meaningful, just Lana being overly dramatic and poetic.

I think the post is right, she's talking about her influences and who created 'her', at one point it was Elvis and Marilyn, probably her early days were she was influenced by his music and her glamour which is reflected in her songs and dress and later Whitman (a "proper" writer where she feels like she has validated her song writing as good) and Monaco (money and glamour sophistication) heaven she's a bit obsessed with and for some reason she considers it precious and her 'baby', suicides her father; how she feels she can see/be/reach her heaven and 'opulence'is the end I take that as indulgence etc, what were her favourite vices? Drugs and alcohol? I take the last line as the way to get to the end? As in to die. Hope this makes sense c

Just a thought but could the big jail break be breaking out if school? Daddy (k) baby. (Lana) escaping school? Rather than Jail and K being incarceration, could it be about boarding school where I'm sure she met him?

I thought that in the beggining too!! That jail was boarding school. Is quite a common reference. But the specifics about For K and blue jeans changed my mind. Maybe in the beggining was like that breaking out from boarding school only. And Ks life got a little out of control and he really got to jail.

glgcDdT.gif

I think the post is right, she's talking about her influences and who created 'her', at one point it was Elvis and Marilyn, probably her early days were she was influenced by his music and her glamour which is reflected in her songs and dress and later Whitman (a "proper" writer where she feels like she has validated her song writing as good) and Monaco (money and glamour sophistication) heaven she's a bit obsessed with and for some reason she considers it precious and her 'baby', suicides her father; how she feels she can see/be/reach her heaven and 'opulence'is the end I take that as indulgence etc, what were her favourite vices? Drugs and alcohol? I take the last line as the way to get to the end? As in to die. Hope this makes sense

What you said makes perfect sense to me. Even more if you think that her parents were not daily present in her life for a long time since she got into boarding school at 14. Her parents were the music she listen too, movies she watched and books she read it. She was raised by her idols in a way. They were the maternal and paternal figures she had while in boarding school and when she lived alone in NY.

glgcDdT.gif

I like how you described the relations in "Body Electric" but I don't think "Burning Desire" is about past relationships at all. Probably this song was written mostly to fit the Jaguar campaign than anything else, I guess it wasn't just a coincidence that Lana had written a song that was so fitting.

:flutter: In love with your Body Electric theory, I never thought about it like that. I've actually forgotten where I put that song...Barrie, I think, or unspecified.

However, the pretending line in Burning Desire could simply mean she's horny and Barrie's in another country. Which probably happens often :teehee:

Thanks guys  :diva:

:flutter:

You're probably right about Burning Desire though, I just thought the whole 'pretending' thing linked, either way, she's fantasising.  :hooker:

nhemaxW.gif

I haven't kept up to date with this, it's so much effort, I have to mentally prepare before I step foot in this thread! So I'm sorry if I'm repeating anything that someone has said :P But I think when Lana is writing, she doesn't stick to one person throughout the song, I'm 99% positive most of her songs are about 3/4 different people. Although I do think she mostly sings about K. (She must have really loved him) I'm pretty sure the part in Cola that goes "Ah he's in the sky with diamonds and he's making me crazy" could be about K being dead etc but then she goes off about her v tasting like cola which Barrie apparently said, so she's all over the place in songs making it harder to figure out for certain who her songs are about, but yeah the main point in this is that it's confusing that she sings about different people in one song, confusing the hell out of me, and some of you!

tumblr_moza5y59Ri1r09ldbo1_400.png ~ataraxia~

"Ah he's in the sky with diamonds and he's making me crazy"

It's "Harvey's..." :)

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

wouldn't be funny if Lana was this very quite person who didn't do any of the things she sings about. And we (me included) lost time here making all those analysis....Imagine if she just met some wild people while in rehab and her songs are about those people THEIR stories. And in reallity she was just shy and weird started to drink a lot and got to rehab. That's all there is to Lana.  Imagine if she lived those stories through other people.  Would be biographical just not auto.

glgcDdT.gif

wouldn't be funny if Lana was this very quite person who didn't do any of the things she sings about. And we (me included) lost time here making all those analysis....Imagine if she just met some wild people while in rehab and her songs are about those people THEIR stories. And in reallity she was just shy and weird started to drink a lot and got to rehab. That's all there is to Lana.  Imagine if she lived those stories through other people.  Would be biographical just not auto.

It would be pretty funny, hahaha!

Blue Jeans, however, gives us a specific take. We obviously know it's about K, and the fact that he leaves to pursue money (drugs). "Then they took you away" is reference to his death/prosecution by the authorities (see - Sirens for detailed version of that story).

What i dont understand is that, everyone says that Bradley is supposed to resemble Jimmy Gnecco and yet Blue Jeans is about K. Why use Bradley for the video? Idk was it just easier to use the same guy or something?

lH7Zs6V.gif      

What i dont understand is that, everyone says that Bradley is supposed to resemble Jimmy Gnecco and yet Blue Jeans is about K. Why use Bradley for the video? Idk was it just easier to use the same guy or something?

Different real-life guy, same fictional guy. It adds another layer to a storyline to have continuity between two videos.

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png