Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

What if K is Kurt Cobain  :O

I had this thought the other night while listening to Nirvana. I like these Kurt theories. I can see Lana being obsessed with him back in the day... as was I. 

:runs:

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

I always thought For K Part 2 was about Jimmy, because she's obviously referring to a musician (it could be Reeve, but it's less likely imo): "I like your music" and the "Use that voice, sing that song". You could say that in Sirens' Westbound she sings "You like to write about all of your problems/Put them in songs because you think it would solve them", implying that K (if it's about him) was also a musician, but the following line from Part 2 makes me discard that it's about him: the "Alright you got me, I don't play a good guitar" I think relates to her feelings of inadequacy at first ("like a groupie incognito posing as a real singer"), which would match her New York open mic nights and first shows, making this a Jimmy era composition. She was indeed electrified by him, especially in her starstruck beginnings ;)

I know: so much speculation! but that's what we're left to do, become little Sherlocks and take bits and pieces of what we know and deduce away!  :toofunny:

I'm controversially moving FKP2 under "Songs That Implicate More Than One Guy". I really think about that song a lot. Despite being a second part, it could detail a time earlier in the relationship than the original "For K". But it was would be totally negligent to ignore the musician references.

Pac fucked Lana? Pac didn't fuck Lana. He fucked Lana? Pac fucked Lana? He fucked Lana?

asap-rocky-interview.jpg

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I'm pretty sure my find is extremely insignificant, but I figured I'd post it anyway. Andy Kravitz is a producer, engineer, and drummer who has worked with Lizzy. He has a photo of her on his Myspace. I found that he wrote a testimonial for BAE audio in which he mentions Lizzy Grant in his discography. The testimonial was written on January 15th, 2005 which would put their work in the "Sirens" era (right?) Below the testimonial you can see his title includes "President and CEO of A 2 Tha K Production Group". I just find it a little ironic that the letter K keeps popping up all over Lizzy's life. Now, like I said, this is probably completely insignificant. Just thought I'd share  :)

Get Drunk & Motel 6 (Studio) stream of consciousness

I'm thinking that Motel 6 is about Arthur Lynn.. like someone mentioned before. Baby, you can buy me Diet Mt Dew; in the spotlight we see Jim & Chuck.. thinking more and more that Lizzy was originally with Arthur but Jimmy caught her eye..

However, Diet Mt Dew + Greenwich + Motel 6 are all probably about the same person, and I was thinking Greenwich + Diet Mt Dew were about Mike, given that Lana talked about making a trip to Greenwich on her FB around the time she was with Mike and when the song may have been written. 

Aw, shit. Edit: Just found a location on Arthur in Greenwich, CT!! :creep:

And then who is Bill that Arthur referenced in his blog (entitled Diet Mt Dew)? Is it possible that Jimmy was actually dating Chuck and Lana just thought he was hot? (This doesn't seem as likely in my opinion- for some reason I picture Chuck going for a square guy) I don't know if I believe Reeve and Lizzy were anything more than a friendship, either.  

Then there is also "Get Drunk"... which friendship is this about?? Nick Fowler & Arthur Lynn, Arthur Lynn & Jimmy Gnecco, or Jimmy Gnecco & Reeve?  Possibly Chuck & Lizzy?  (Long shot but Reeve and Chuck are still pretty close- maybe Lizzy slept with Reeve/Jimmy to Chuck's dismay?)  Or none of the above?  Personally, I think it is about Nick and Arthur.. especially if "A Star for Nick" is really entitled that (who knows?) .. sort of gives the idea that someone got her into dark things, and she knew he was never going to help her get where she wanted.  Also, the way I found those pictures of Lana pre-nose job was on Nick's site.. and he still keeps them up. Seems kind of strange, given that Lana has consciously tried to keep these kinds of things from surfacing. It's under an album called "Lana Del Rey.. when she was still called Lizzy Grant" .. kind of seems like he's not coming from a nice place with that.

Arthur (pictured below) has had nothing but nice things to say about Lana (is that Jimmy on Lizzy's hat? Or Nick? So many broody musicians) since.  Can't forget that some of Lana's inspirations were also in Arthur's pictures i.e. Diamond Dave, Axl Rose, Bruce Springsteen, Elvis, and even Britney Spears. Def. think that's the guy Lana was talking about who showed her about music.. if she didn't have a TV in the home, I guess she'd need somebody 2 educate her. (Not to mention he has a million Americana/flag pics) Too many possibilities but I find it all very interesting. We are the sum of our experiences and the people we meet. 

Arthur's listed interests on one site: music, girls, guitars, america, diet mountain dew, van halen, ice cream, photography, jersey, angiescreams, indian summer, woods, food, freckles, the sun, the moon, seasons, amplifiers, family, friends, karma, october, yo mama, yo mama's apple pie, and those little people we call doggies

Still wondering if any songs could be about Jeff Buckley, since her, Jimmy, and Reeve all love(d) his music, Jimmy was his friend before he died, and Reeve is/was supposed to play him in a biopic, etc etc.. sigh.

Could "Ray" be Ray Gillen? Too Lazy to go look up lyrics to Mermaid Motel but it kinda fits Diamond Dave and Ray Gillen  We all know how Lana loves her dead musicians. (Who doesn't?)  And he was in Arthur's inspirational pictures, as well.  I will also note that Ray was part of a super group called "Phenomena", which is where (I think) the name Lizzy+ the Phenomena came from. Lana also had Ray Gillen's fan site as her top friends on many of her Myspace accounts. (Lana and Arthur actually have the same top celebrity friends..)

I can see her singing to these guys in her songs.. kinda like RAY RAISE ME UP, help me out here!!  :P 

l-203.jpg?pictureId=15377890&asGalleryIm

l.jpg

You can see these two pics here: http://www.nickfowler.com/gallery/lana-del-rey-when-she-was-still-lizzy-grant/

tumblr_m7bvqxyqaP1rampaso1_500.jpg

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

I'm thinking that Motel 6 is about Arthur Lynn.. like someone mentioned before. Baby, you can buy me Diet Mt Dew; in the spotlight we see Jim & Chuck.. thinking more and more that Lizzy was originally with Arthur but Jimmy caught her eye..

However, Diet Mt Dew + Greenwich + Motel 6 are all probably about the same person, and I was thinking Greenwich + Diet Mt Dew were about Mike, given that Lana talked about making a trip to Greenwich on her FB around the time she was with Mike and when the song may have been written. And then who is Bill that Arthur referenced in his blog? Is it possible that Jimmy was actually dating Chuck and Lana just thought he was hot? (This doesn't seem as likely in my opinion- for some reason I picture Chuck going for a square guy) I don't know if I believe Reeve and Lizzy were anything more than a friendship, either.  

When listening to Motel 6 I had the same idea. I actually wouldn't be surprised if that was the case! This is all so interesting, I just wish I could come up with interesting theories/speculations like everyone else. :defeated: 

VyIsfwC.jpg

However, Diet Mt Dew + Greenwich + Motel 6 are all probably about the same person, and I was thinking Greenwich + Diet Mt Dew were about Mike, given that Lana talked about making a trip to Greenwich on her FB around the time she was with Mike and when the song may have been written. 

And then who is Bill that Arthur referenced in his blog (entitled Diet Mt Dew)? Is it possible that Jimmy was actually dating Chuck and Lana just thought he was hot? (This doesn't seem as likely in my opinion- for some reason I picture Chuck going for a square guy) I don't know if I believe Reeve and Lizzy were anything more than a friendship, either.  

Then there is also "Get Drunk"... which friendship is this about?? Nick Fowler & Arthur Lynn, Arthur Lynn & Jimmy Gnecco, or Jimmy Gnecco & Reeve?  Possibly Chuck & Lizzy?  (Long shot but Reeve and Chuck are still pretty close- maybe Lizzy slept with Reeve/Jimmy to Chuck's dismay?)  Or none of the above?  Personally, I think it is about Nick and Arthur.. especially if "A Star for Nick" is really entitled that (who knows?) .. sort of gives the idea that someone got her into dark things, and she knew he was never going to help her get where she wanted.  Also, the way I found those pictures of Lana pre-nose job was on Nick's site.. and he still keeps them up. Seems kind of strange, given that Lana has consciously tried to keep these kinds of things from surfacing. It's under an album called "Lana Del Rey.. when she was still called Lizzy Grant" .. kind of seems like he's not coming from a nice place with that.

Arthur (pictured below) has had nothing but nice things to say about Lana (is that Jimmy on Lizzy's hat? Or Nick? So many broody musicians) since.  Can't forget that some of Lana's inspirations were also in Arthur's pictures i.e. Diamond Dave, Axl Rose, Bruce Springsteen, Elvis, and even Britney Spears. Def. think that's the guy Lana was talking about who showed her about music.. if she didn't have a TV in the home, I guess she'd need somebody 2 educate her. (Not to mention he has a million Americana/flag pics) Too many possibilities but I find it all very interesting. We are the sum of our experiences and the people we meet. 

Arthur's listed interests on one site: music, girls, guitars, america, diet mountain dew, van halen, ice cream, photography, jersey, angiescreams, indian summer, woods, food, freckles, the sun, the moon, seasons, amplifiers, family, friends, karma, october, yo mama, yo mama's apple pie, and those little people we call doggies

Still wondering if any songs could be about Jeff Buckley, since her, Jimmy, and Reeve all love(d) his music, Jimmy was his friend before he died, and Reeve is/was supposed to play him in a biopic, etc etc.. sigh.

so many awesome theories and brilliant connections, TPD!   :worship:

i like the idea of some song(s) possibly being about jeff buckley...or maybe combining jeff with K, for example? perhaps some of the songs about her dead lover are about him? i had never thought of this   :horror:

something random and unrelated, or not, is that "gods and monsters" is, coincidentally, the name of the first band that jeff buckley had (with gary lucas) when he first moved from CA to NYC   :runs:

edit: i also think you've discovered that arthur's role in lizzy's life may have been bigger than all of us "lanalysts" had thought!

I think the title "part 2" could actually be because its another chapter. She's fallen in love with another guy the same way she fell in love with K?

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Could "Ray" be Ray Gillen? Too Lazy to go look up lyrics to Mermaid Motel but it kinda fits Diamond Dave and Ray Gillen  We all know how Lana loves her dead musicians. (Who doesn't?)  And he was in Arthur's inspirational pictures, as well.  I will also note that Ray was part of a super group called "Phenomena", which is where (I think) the name Lizzy+ the Phenomena came from. Lana also had Ray Gillen's fan site as her top friends on many of her Myspace accounts. (Lana and Arthur actually have the same top celebrity friends..)

I can see her singing to these guys in her songs.. kinda like RAY RAISE ME UP, help me out here!!  :P 

l-203.jpg?pictureId=15377890&asGalleryIm

l.jpg

You can see these two pics here: http://www.nickfowler.com/gallery/lana-del-rey-when-she-was-still-lizzy-grant/

tumblr_m7bvqxyqaP1rampaso1_500.jpg

In my darkest hour, I think "Jimmy" was actually a nickname for Arthur. Songs about both of them usually indicate not only musician stuff, but also violent love. But then I remember the song "Jimmy Gnecco" and Yayo posted on his Facebook. But definitely any Diet Mtn Dew stuff is about him--which makes "we see Jim and Chuck" super confusing. And I link to Arthur's ties to Greenwich in the OP so there's no way Axl Rose Husband isn't about him. Despite Mike's crazy resemblance.

I love the theory that Jimmy and Arthur were the best friends in Get Drunk and NLMG. I just wish there was more proof. She's already a noted homie hopper, since Jimmy and Reeve have performed together and stuff.

Mind expanding on this Nick Fowler stuff? He's not in the OP at all but I do believe I've seen you mention him. I'd like to at least mention him, considering "A Star for Nick".

I think the title "part 2" could actually be because its another chapter. She's fallen in love with another guy the same way she fell in love with K?

Makes the most sense to me.

Andy Kravitz is a producer, engineer, and drummer who has worked with Lizzy. He has a photo of her on his Myspace. I found that he wrote a testimonial for BAE audio in which he mentions Lizzy Grant in his discography. The testimonial was written on January 15th, 2005 which would put their work in the "Sirens" era (right?) Below the testimonial you can see his title includes "President and CEO of A 2 Tha K Production Group".

Ha, I found these links too a little while ago and alluded to it here, but hadn't gotten around to posting about it. Thanks for saving me the trouble! But where do you see that it was written on January 15, 2005? That would be really significant. My impression had been that he worked on AKA since there's photos of him in the studio with Lizzy and David Kahne.

P.S. This probably really belongs in the "LANA SLEUTHING" thread since I don't think there's any reason to think she fu dated this guy aside from the fact that I suspect she bang dated a lot of musicians/producers.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Ha, I found these links too a little while ago and alluded to it here, but hadn't gotten around to posting about it. Thanks for saving me the trouble! But where do you see that it was written on January 15, 2005? That would be really significant. My impression had been that he worked on AKA since there's photos of him in the studio with Lizzy and David Kahne.

P.S. This probably really belongs in the "LANA SLEUTHING" thread since I don't think there's any reason to think she fu dated this guy aside from the fact that I suspect she bang dated a lot of musicians/producers.

I don't know, my dates are probably horribly wrong. That's just what it said on Google. I'm not a sleuther or lanalyst or whatever, haha. Sorry this is in the wrong thread! :)

No. WAY!!! :deadbanana: I am the biggest Badlands/Ray Gillen fan, and I never suspected he could have inspired the Ray references. Although in Mermaid Motel she says "...and Ray Lee" so probably not... unless she's conflating Ray Gillen and Jake E. Lee? Either way, wow!

(good grief now I'm doing it too :facepalm: )

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

In my darkest hour, I think "Jimmy" was actually a nickname for Arthur. Songs about both of them usually indicate not only musician stuff, but also violent love. But then I remember the song "Jimmy Gnecco" and Yayo posted on his Facebook. But definitely any Diet Mtn Dew stuff is about him--which makes "we see Jim and Chuck" super confusing. And I link to Arthur's ties to Greenwich in the OP so there's no way Axl Rose Husband isn't about him. Despite Mike's crazy resemblance.

I love the theory that Jimmy and Arthur were the best friends in Get Drunk and NLMG. I just wish there was more proof. She's already a noted homie hopper, since Jimmy and Reeve have performed together and stuff.

Mind expanding on this Nick Fowler stuff? He's not in the OP at all but I do believe I've seen you mention him. I'd like to at least mention him, considering "A Star for Nick".

Makes the most sense to me.

Lol like what if Lana has never even met Jimmy and it is her celebrity crush?? But yeah I think the fact she put that on his page makes it more likely they actually met..I hope ha

Nothing too much more to say, the guy is kind of elusive.. tried contacting to no avail.  He's a musician, friends with Arthur. His photos are full of naked women.. I don't know, he just seems sketchy. Again, the album title was called "Lizzy Grant before she was Lana Del Rey" you're like a cartoon, all caught up in this fame game

Beginning to think that Mike wasn't a bad relationship like some of us thought.. and that the M on her hand is actually for him.  Like we've been thinking someone died but what if the lyrics are about Mike leaving her? Cos we know she was talking to his mom.. ah well just more mysteries 

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

You guys... What if AKA was about one guy, Jimmy perhaps, and BTD is about another, like Arthur, We've seen interviews where she claims BTD is about "the same goddamn person.." and she just seems too sincere in how she talks about it to be lying. What if this whole time each of her albums are about different guys and her escapades with them. I mean some of these albums were supposedly written before she met a particular so and so, I just feel she would be more organized and inthralled about a certain relationship than "okay this song is about blah and then this one can be about derp". Sure some may contain small details that may be pointing to a particular guy, but things like heavy metal and drugs and traveling seems to be something they all have in common anyway. very vague I know, but think about it.

I realize that theory sets everyone back at least 300 hundred years into the forum, but its just an idea to go along with all these sudden realizations that Mike was a side show relationship and Arthur has been a bigger part of this then we realize. I too believe that her relationship with reeve was just a friendship, specifically because of chuck's relationship with him now. I don't think she would remain friends with one of her sister's ex-lovers, that would be way too awkward for everyone.

I wanted to bring up "Marilyn Monroe (Puppy Love)" because i was just listening to it .. And i feel like this song was written during her time at Boarding School .. I feel like this song co-exists with "Teenage Wasteland (Prom Song, Gone Wrong)" .. it seems in MM she is trying to make the person know, whether it be a student OR a teacher ((they would've been older than her)), that she is actually in love with them.

She repeats "It's not Puppy Love, Puppy, Puppy, Puppy Love" repeatedly, as if trying to get across the point that she should be taken seriously, that it's not love at first sight and that this is a real feeling. She then goes on to say in the chorus "1. This is not a school girl crush, NO, 2. This is not a puppy love. It's the real thing and you told me you loved me." Which is seemingly self-explanatory...

Does that make sense? Or am i just stating the obvious .. hahaha

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

I wanted to bring up "Marilyn Monroe (Puppy Love)" because i was just listening to it .. And i feel like this song was written during her time at Boarding School .. I feel like this song co-exists with "Teenage Wasteland (Prom Song, Gone Wrong)" .. it seems in MM she is trying to make the person know, whether it be a student OR a teacher ((they would've been older than her)), that she is actually in love with them.

She repeats "It's not Puppy Love, Puppy, Puppy, Puppy Love" repeatedly, as if trying to get across the point that she should be taken seriously, that it's not love at first sight and that this is a real feeling. She then goes on to say in the chorus "1. This is not a school girl crush, NO, 2. This is not a puppy love. It's the real thing and you told me you loved me." Which is seemingly self-explanatory...

Does that make sense? Or am i just stating the obvious .. hahaha

You know, she does say "class president", so it seems younger.