Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

What if K was (David) Kahne? I just thought about it, he seems to be the only person in Lana's life that seems to have a name the starts with the letter K as far as I can remember.

she did say once that she's with someone who's in music but not a musician, doesn't have to be kahne though

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Have we ruled out the thought that K could have been a musician? We have no way of knowing.. But it seems like everyone automatically applies lyrics like "play for me at your show" to Barrie because he's in a band. K could have very well been in a band, too.

Yeah, I mean, in "For K Part 2" she's clearly describing a singer.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

she did say once that she's with someone who's in music but not a musician, doesn't have to be kahne though

#LoonalysisComingSoon

A bad sample, repeated often with unwarranted glee.

#LoonalysisComingSoon

next hit thread: "do you support bestiality?"

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Another one - (K)assidy like someone in Kassidy (aka Barrie). Ugh I'm horrible at this. :awk:

Considering the song "For K" was on Sirens, an album that was recorded in 2005/2006, and she's only been with Barrie for a year or so, I'd say that's pretty impossible. 

Question - Are the songs on Lizzy Grant's EP Kill Kill the same version that are on A.K.A or are they in any way different? And are there any demos available for the songs Gramma (BRSTH), Kill Kill & Yayo?

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

Question - Are the songs on Lizzy Grant's EP Kill Kill the same version that are on A.K.A or are they in any way different? And are there any demos available for the songs Gramma (BRSTH), Kill Kill & Yayo?

They're the same annd yeah, some Aka demos have leaked. Also about your K being David Kahne theory- I don't see how that would really work. She recorded Sirens in 2004/2005 and she only started working with Kahne in late 2006? 2007? And Kahne definitely wasn't sent to Death Row

VyIsfwC.jpg

I think Y&B is definitely about Barrie. And probably most on Paradise. I think its safe to say they are very serious. See below.

[from JustJared.com Nov 13 2012]

JJ: What’s the most romantic thing that you’ve done for someone?

LDR: When I met my boyfriend… we always say that the entire time we were writing for each other, but we didn’t know it until we met each other. So, you feel like even though you didn’t know the person then all the songs are for them now. That’s romantic.

I think Y&B is definitely about Barrie. And probably most on Paradise. I think its safe to say they are very serious. See below.

LDR: When I met my boyfriend… we always say that the entire time we were writing for each other, but we didn’t know it until we met each other. So, you feel like even though you didn’t know the person then all the songs are for them now. That’s romantic.

Aw, that is so sweet  :flutter:  So can we expect all the songs involving love/romance on her next record to be mostly about Barrie?

If so, bummer  :( I really like trying to dig up information on her past boyfriends. If they're all about Barrie, we've got nothing to do but sit here and envy their love.

:defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated: Yeah I read that too, it's so fucking cute oh my god

tumblr_mo54vignru1s4et4go1_500.gif

Before Sirens leaked I thought For K Part 2 was about David Kahne, as someone stated previously.

In that facebook-interview (the one where she says "I just thought it was so sad that like, I don’t know, God had found someone so perfect for me and that we really couldn’t be together") she talks about the person she had a relationship with that influenced BTD and she says "we were birds of a feather"

In a Lizzy Grant interview she says

"My producer, David Kahne, and me got along very well because he knew that I lived in my songs, and so he just tried to make them better. He asked me in a letter what I wanted the record to sound like, and I said, “I want it to sound famous, like a sad party.” He thought that was a wonderful idea, and we began working the next day. I like to think we’re birds of a feather."

It's probably nothing, she's just using the phrase to describe different people, but I did used to think that FKP2 was about their (professional) relationship, "Use that voice, sing that song , And tell me to come on, to come on, come on" but this doesn't really fit with For K (or anything else for that matter), still, it might interest some.

I used to think K was Elvis. She's said that she was obsessed with him as a teenager, K is for King, Elvis was The King.

Elvis' body guards were called the Memphis Mafia - gangsters (not literally), and in Gangsta Boy she sings "high school, loved you from the beginning". She's also said that when she saw Elvis for the first time she was blown away by his beauty. In Lucky Ones she sings "everybody told me love was blind, then I saw your face and you blew my mind".

In

interview (or it might be in part 2) the interviewer asks her if Million Dollar Man is about Elvis, and she says "maybe" and smiles. "One for the money, two for the show" is also a lyric in Blue Suede Shoes. When I googled it I found that the expression "one for the money..." is one used in horse racing, as in Off to the Races.

And obviously Elvis fits the description in American "tall, tan/skin so golden brown" although it doesn't really makes sense that American would be about him since she namedrops him. Also, Elvis is from Mississippi (Raise Me Up). I thought that maybe, since a lot of people think she writes each song about more than one person, that she uses Elvis as a base-character and then writes autobiographically around that base... if that makes sense.

I'm sure Y&B is about Jimmy Gnecco (also Radio and Bel Air)

"had my cake" > in Lolita she sings "I want my cake", Lolita is about JG (in Jimmy Gnecco she sings "take me to the park, kiss me in the dark" similar to Lolita "kiss me in the d-a-r-k")

"in bel air now" > "Jimmy pulls up in his blue chevy nova" in Hundred Dollar Bill, a bel air is a type of chevrolet, which got me thinking that Bel Air is about Jimmy, which leads to Radio being about Jimmy. "I've been raised from the dead" > "Walking away from my soft resurrection"

"he's my sun" > JG "you're my sunshine"

I just read this on wikipedia: "In Nabokov's 'Lolita', the name is used in reference to Mr Clare Quilty, the man who takes Lolita from Humbert. Carmen and Clare being both male and female names, Lolita uses them to deceive Humbert into thinking he is a woman and no threat."

I knew there was a song in Lolita called Carmen

O my Carmen, my Carmen!
Something, something those something nights,
And the stars, and the cars, and the bars and the barmen--
And, O my charmin', our dreadful fights.
And the something town where so gaily, arm in
Arm, we went, and our final row,
And the gun I killed you with, O my Carmen,
The gun I am holding now.

and so I assumed that's where she got the name from. I'm not sure if it's relevant or not (God, imagine if every song she's ever written is just fan fiction about Lolita) but thought I'd share.

And this has been bothering me for a while, in the album booklet it says "Thank you to my devoted managers Ben Mawson and Ed Millett. And to A.G."

Who is A.G.?

Before Sirens leaked I thought For K Part 2 was about David Kahne, as someone stated previously.

In that facebook-interview (the one where she says "I just thought it was so sad that like, I don’t know, God had found someone so perfect for me and that we really couldn’t be together") she talks about the person she had a relationship with that influenced BTD and she says "we were birds of a feather"

In a Lizzy Grant interview she says

"My producer, David Kahne, and me got along very well because he knew that I lived in my songs, and so he just tried to make them better. He asked me in a letter what I wanted the record to sound like, and I said, “I want it to sound famous, like a sad party.” He thought that was a wonderful idea, and we began working the next day. I like to think we’re birds of a feather."

It's probably nothing, she's just using the phrase to describe different people, but I did used to think that FKP2 was about their (professional) relationship, "Use that voice, sing that song , And tell me to come on, to come on, come on" but this doesn't really fit with For K (or anything else for that matter), still, it might interest some.

I used to think K was Elvis. She's said that she was obsessed with him as a teenager, K is for King, Elvis was The King.

Elvis' body guards were called the Memphis Mafia - gangsters (not literally), and in Gangsta Boy she sings "high school, loved you from the beginning". She's also said that when she saw Elvis for the first time she was blown away by his beauty. In Lucky Ones she sings "everybody told me love was blind, then I saw your face and you blew my mind".

In

interview (or it might be in part 2) the interviewer asks her if Million Dollar Man is about Elvis, and she says "maybe" and smiles. "One for the money, two for the show" is also a lyric in Blue Suede Shoes. When I googled it I found that the expression "one for the money..." is one used in horse racing, as in Off to the Races.

And obviously Elvis fits the description in American "tall, tan/skin so golden brown" although it doesn't really makes sense that American would be about him since she namedrops him. Also, Elvis is from Mississippi (Raise Me Up). I thought that maybe, since a lot of people think she writes each song about more than one person, that she uses Elvis as a base-character and then writes autobiographically around that base... if that makes sense.

I'm sure Y&B is about Jimmy Gnecco (also Radio and Bel Air)

"had my cake" > in Lolita she sings "I want my cake", Lolita is about JG (in Jimmy Gnecco she sings "take me to the park, kiss me in the dark" similar to Lolita "kiss me in the d-a-r-k")

"in bel air now" > "Jimmy pulls up in his blue chevy nova" in Hundred Dollar Bill, a bel air is a type of chevrolet, which got me thinking that Bel Air is about Jimmy, which leads to Radio being about Jimmy. "I've been raised from the dead" > "Walking away from my soft resurrection"

"he's my sun" > JG "you're my sunshine"

I just read this on wikipedia: "In Nabokov's 'Lolita', the name is used in reference to Mr Clare Quilty, the man who takes Lolita from Humbert. Carmen and Clare being both male and female names, Lolita uses them to deceive Humbert into thinking he is a woman and no threat."

I knew there was a song in Lolita called Carmen

O my Carmen, my Carmen!

Something, something those something nights,

And the stars, and the cars, and the bars and the barmen--

And, O my charmin', our dreadful fights.

And the something town where so gaily, arm in

Arm, we went, and our final row,

And the gun I killed you with, O my Carmen,

The gun I am holding now.

and so I assumed that's where she got the name from. I'm not sure if it's relevant or not (God, imagine if every song she's ever written is just fan fiction about Lolita) but thought I'd share.

And this has been bothering me for a while, in the album booklet it says "Thank you to my devoted managers Ben Mawson and Ed Millett. And to A.G."

Who is A.G.?

Admire this but there's a lot of fundamentals that I disagree with :icant: Like Radio and Bel Air being about Jimmy...I think Bel Air references the city, not the car. Also I have Lolita as a Mr. Campbell track.

Admire this but there's a lot of fundamentals that I disagree with :icant: Like Radio and Bel Air being about Jimmy...I think Bel Air references the city, not the car. Also I have Lolita as a Mr. Campbell track.

I agree about Bel Air and Radio not being Jimmy tracks.

But the lyrics in Lolita and JG are just too alike to be a coincidence, don't you think? Perhaps she just liked the concept, and wanted to reuse it. That is also possible.