Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

Why Lana seems to be sad all thetime? Do you think is a marketing thing? The sad girl with sad songs or is she really that sad.

I dont think Lana was a prostitute or very hard drug addict like with meth and stuff that hardcore. I listen to her songs and see her like walking around always kind of alone. I think she is the observer type.

She observat lots of people and writs about them. Like actors and actress that says that the character are a possible version of them. Lana met different people and writs about possible Lana versions. Do you think that can be?

stkRUDM.jpg

Why Lana seems to be sad all thetime? Do you think is a marketing thing? The sad girl with sad songs or is she really that sad.

I don't think she is; she's said in interviews that she's actually happy. I think as a model her photographers ask for serious expressions. In candids she often looks happier.

I think she is the observer type.

She observat lots of people and writs about them. Like actors and actress that says that the character are a possible version of them. Lana met different people and writs about possible Lana versions. Do you think that can be?

I think that would explain a lot, actually! :)

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

is the guy in the carmen video anyone or just an actor? cause he shows up in the the blue jeans video which was made before carmen was even released

It's Josh Lachlin, he's a model.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

It's probably been brought up, but whoever 'K' was, he was a musician?

receipts:

For K Part 2: "I like your music and you like the way I walk"

Westbound: "You like to write about all of your problems, put them in songs because you think it would solve them"

now on to my lanalysis  :creep:

"Why did you go? I guess I know, maybe my question is, why must it come to this?"

She is just questioning why this had to happen, although she knows what led to it.. RE: "a drive-by sunday night" "Is this what you wished to commit a crime, to be serving time?" 

I feel like the whole of Westbound is about her usual "Honouring love lost", she knows he is gone and isn't coming back but she can't give him up. (Gangsta boy: "I don't care if you're going to prison, I wouldn't said I love love you if I didn't."

This also links to Dark Paradise, in Westbound she says "you and your melody" and proceeds to hum it, the same melody that is haunting her in Dark Paradise. The melody is a part of him that still possesses her.

"They're tryna teach me about new ways of living, they're tryna teach me 'bout way of forgiving"

Lizzi attending one of her famous self help groups  :flutter:

"you're such a bad bad boy, I love you anyway" - The dedication to him is still strong as ever, this lizzy chick is way too clingy  :oprah2:

"You would not approve, but you are on the move"

Lana has previously said that she has been in " a whole lot of trouble" and that more than religious, she is very spiritual. I think that being "on the move" is his transition to the afterlife, AKA "the other side" something she talks about in Bel Air, Born To Die and Dark Paradise.

I think this is probably the most interesting, I did some researching about the significance of being westbound and this definitely explains the songs, supposed, title. :O

"Some Native Americans of the Southeast say that the souls of the dead dwell either in the heavens or in the west.

The west has often been associated with the afterlife of the spirits. Polynesian islanders locate their ancestral island in the west and believe that spirits of the dead can return there. The Celtic people pictured an otherworld that was sometimes underground or under the sea and sometimes an island in the west."

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

receipts:

Westbound: "You like to write about all of your problems, put them in songs because you think it would solve them"

"Why did you go? I guess I know, maybe my question is, why must it come to this?"

She is just questioning why this had to happen, although she knows what led to it.. RE: "a drive-by sunday night" "Is this what you wished to commit a crime, to be serving time?" 

I feel like the whole of Westbound is about her usual "Honouring love lost", she knows he is gone and isn't coming back but she can't give him up. (Gangsta boy: "I don't care if you're going to prison, I wouldn't said I love love you if I didn't."

This also links to Dark Paradise, in Westbound she says "you and your melody" and proceeds to hum it, the same melody that is haunting her in Dark Paradise. The melody is a part of him that still possesses her.

"They're tryna teach me about new ways of living, they're tryna teach me 'bout way of forgiving"

"you're such a bad bad boy, I love you anyway" - The dedication to him is still strong as ever, this lizzy chick is way too clingy  :oprah2:

Lana has previously said that she has been in " a whole lot of trouble" and that more than religious, she is very spiritual. I think that being "on the move" is his transition to the afterlife, AKA "the other side" something she talks about in Bel Air, Born To Die and Dark Paradise.

I think this is probably the most interesting, I did some researching about the significance of being westbound and this definitely explains the songs, supposed, title. :O

"Some Native Americans of the Southeast say that the souls of the dead dwell either in the heavens or in the west.

The west has often been associated with the afterlife of the spirits. Polynesian islanders locate their ancestral island in the west and believe that spirits of the dead can return there. The Celtic people pictured an otherworld that was sometimes underground or under the sea and sometimes an island in the west."

Ooh, I think I'm gonna use this, I've always just had Westbound under "non-specific". Except I've been doubting "For K Part 2" as a K song recently. But it's right in the title! I don't know, I suppose K could be a musician as well. Convincing argument.

Although the title holds a lot of significance for a totally invented title. I wish I knew why it was chosen as a stand-in.

Yeah, compared to the other songs we believe about K, For K Part 2 is a bit of a red herring. I just noticed another possible cross reference

"Use that voice, sing that song"

"im lying in the ocean singing your song.. like a melody"

"your melody" 

reaching slightly  :ohno:

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

and I guess the last words in the song sound like

"where are you now? Westbound?"

instead of

"where are you now? I ask bout"

Yeah, compared to the other songs we believe about K, For K Part 2 is a bit of a red herring. I just noticed another possible cross reference

"Use that voice, sing that song"

"im lying in the ocean singing your song.. like a melody"

"your melody" 

reaching slightly  :ohno:

You know, I was thinking all "music" references would just go neatly under the rockstar section ("pretty song" in My Momma, etc.), but I never thought of that line in Dark Paradise. Which is very clearly about death. Faaaack.

I think a good idea would be to revise all the songs where she mentions meeting her guy and try to determine who they are about  :teehee:

off the top of my head I can think of these where she mentions meeting someone:

Stop Lite De-Lite

Never Let Me Go 

I think a good idea would be to revise all the songs where she mentions meeting her guy and try to determine who they are about  :teehee:

Stop Lite De-Lite

Never Let Me Go 

What why :horror: You can meet lots of people :horror:

I will not budge on Never Let Me Go's link to Get Drunk, though :crossed:

(But also Blue Jeans and YCBTB, as long as we're listing.)

This thread is amazing. The kind of analysis going on here rivals what I'm doing for my degree! 

It's incredibly interesting to read all the different interpretations. I guess one of the lovable things about Lana is that she is so open to interpretation. I have to admit, I find myself dying to be able to answer all the K questions and it's great to read all these theories.

Lana always did say that alcohol was the first love of her life, and to be honest I think that reflects in a lot of her music. It shows the love affair and the consequences that spiraled from it. It's not hard to make that connection so I love that you guys have pieced together all the other info, it's like reading a novel!

tumblr_mjifpjZBSu1rr0bkio2_500.png

Stop Lite De-Lite

Never Let Me Go 

There is also "Birds of a Feather" in which she describes meeting a guy.

receipts:

This was like poetry, it was beautiful.