kingadam

Lana Del Rey Cancels Performance on David Letterman Show

I think West Coast would be a good choice because it has more of a beat and rhythm and the song is so seductive. UV and SoC are good songs, but might bore the audience? I dunno. I am waiting with anticipation. :hooker:

Thank God, a performance without a crowd that kills the mood through constant screaming. Maybe we can even understand some of the lyrics in the absence of her fans :flutter:  I'm so ready for this

Yeah, I really HATE how at only the 3rd performance of Ultraviolence, you can already barely hear her because the audience has to "sing" along super loud :notamused:

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

West Coast is the best choice but isn't Shades of Cool the current single?  I could see that.  Letterman is pretty progressive as far as music goes on his show for a national show, so she might have time to play it.   Artists usually now play 2-3 songs on Letterman but only one gets aired.  I think they do a series now where they do a miniset and it's released on YouTube.  That's usually reserved for select artists though.  She won't talk, Letterman nearly never interviews the music guest.

Ultimately, I think an SNL appearance is bound to happen.  The show is hurting and it would easily draw viewers, it would also add to her "redemption story". 

u6pq4c9.gif

Ultimately, I think an SNL appearance is bound to happen. The show is hurting and it would easily draw viewers, it would also add to her "redemption story".

Yassss, plz. That would be the only thing that could get to me to watch SNL again.

party.gif?w=1100

rtists usually now play 2-3 songs on Letterman but only one gets aired.  I think they do a series now where they do a miniset and it's released on YouTube.  That's usually reserved for select artists though. 

Well, since she has an album released soon it would be very cool if something like that happend. I mean like, playing west Coast, Ultraviolence and some other song (Brooklyn Baby :pray2: ).

I don't think SoC will happen. It's  a promotional single, just like OTTR was, and I also donÄt think it would fit into a show so well. Of course, it would be great if she sang it.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

West Coast is the best choice but isn't Shades of Cool the current single? I could see that. Letterman is pretty progressive as far as music goes on his show for a national show, so she might have time to play it. Artists usually now play 2-3 songs on Letterman but only one gets aired. I think they do a series now where they do a miniset and it's released on YouTube. That's usually reserved for select artists though. She won't talk, Letterman nearly never interviews the music guest.

Ultimately, I think an SNL appearance is bound to happen. The show is hurting and it would easily draw viewers, it would also add to her "redemption story".

The person in charge of SNL said it was a mistake to book her in the first place

I'm quite certain Lana would pass if asked to do it again

BzhmW.png

The person in charge of SNL said it was a mistake to book her in the first place

I'm quite certain Lana would pass if asked to do it again

Wait what? Can you please get me an article or something of the person in charge of SNL saying it was a mistake to book her?

Bm2AvMo.gif

I guess it's West Coast then if SoC is promotional.  I can see her small set just being WC, UV, and something old (Summertime Sadness, Young & Beautiful).  Usually artists play their current single, something else new that they've rehearsed, and a well-known recent one off the last release.  Then the current single gets aired.

u6pq4c9.gif

You people saying West Coast isn't good live... Have you heard it in person?! At my Lana shows WC was definitely one of my favorites. The guitars and the tempo changes were ethereal. I definitely think she should perform it on Letterman. UV is too controversial for national TV & she's never done SOC live so I doubt she'd do it for the first time with millions of people watching. It would be great to hear something extremely new, even to us, like Brooklyn Baby or another track but I think she's already been very generous by giving us three songs + the BB snippet pre-release!

It's not terrible live, though it's always hard to tell because of the crowd.  I think it's definitely the best song to put forward as far as presenting UV to the unwashed masses.

Anyway, Letterman's show is notorious for really hit-or-miss mixing.  Especially on rock songs, it's usually pretty bad.  Given she performed last time with piano and strings, that's going to be a challenge.

u6pq4c9.gif

Don't hate me but she always screws up things in television. Remember when she performed Ride on a UK tv show and it was so bad? She couldn't hit the high notes because she was so nervous even though she was really good at her lives performances. But to perform at a concert where are thousands of people screaming your name is very different from a Tv one where people are dying to see if she fails again. She's getting a lot of good reviews, they shouldn't risk the sales of the album with bad press again

She has to do it. Her pre-sales aren't that good in the US. But her main problem commercially is WEurope, her strongest market for BTD. She needs to do something and TV appearances are the most aggressive and effective promotion otherwise UV will flop commercially. She's not a indie girl but she's not a main pop girl either it's really bad spot for her because if she won't sale big she will be considered a flop by Taylor Swift standards and if she's gets bad reviews she will be considered an indie (artistic) flop. I expect that she will get the same mixed reviews overall as int he BTD era, the disdain towards her of some of the journalists is just unbelievable (a french journalist, after attending her concert in LA, called her a beardless Conchita Wurst :deadbanana: )