Sebastian

WC, SOC, UV, BB - your favorite single? [updated]

154 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite single from UV so far?

• West Coast
    • Shades Of Cool
    • Ultraviolence
    • Brooklyn Baby

I can't decide! They're all so great in their own ways...

WC was a perfect bridge between the BtD era and the UV era. SoC was amazing for showing off Lana's vocal capabilities. UV was fantastic for showing how twisted her lyricism can be and introduced the themes of UV.

Basically

I am really indecisive :cry:

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Guest Dot

ULTRAVIOLENCE >> SHADES OF COOL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I don't remember the other one.

WC > SoC=UV

Love them ALL the difference is very small but I think WC was the strongest lyrically and sonically and the final chorus is too sexy for me.

But SoC and UV are almost at the same level, and I love them so much, too.

Hard to pick when all three are so good!

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

Guest Dot

Too bad people got used to the live version of Ultraviolence so much that they can't get into the album version. That's exactly what happened to Gaga fans that kept overplaying the Swine Fest versions of some of the ARTPOP songs.

If you get to hear the live renditions first, DON'T OVERPLAY THEM!

I am really, really drawn toward West Coast the most just because of the experience that went along with hearing it for the first time. It was like 4am and I was on the beach listening to it on BBCR1. I remember just feeling very ethereal and almost having an out of body experience hearing the intro and the waves crash in the pitch black of night. It was one of my favorite moments of my lifetime, I felt very alive and very Lana-esque. Something about that song makes me melt, I think maybe it's the tempo changes and the sound effect during the last chorus.

Guest Dot

People trying to drag Ultraviolence aka the strongest song from this era thus far...

:mariah: Stan for it bb!

It's always the same thing that happens when people get to hear the live version first. See Body Electric...