Sebastian

WC, SOC, UV, BB - your favorite single? [updated]

154 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite single from UV so far?

• West Coast
    • Shades Of Cool
    • Ultraviolence
    • Brooklyn Baby

:mariah: Stan for it bb!

It's always the same thing that happens when people get to hear the live version first. See Body Electric...

I love Body Electric so much too. (Yes, even that dreaded studio version that everyone hates)  :defeated:

MkWI4Ns.png

I am really, really drawn toward West Coast the most just because of the experience that went along with hearing it for the first time. It was like 4am and I was on the beach listening to it on BBCR1. I remember just feeling very ethereal and almost having an out of body experience hearing the intro and the waves crash in the pitch black of night. It was one of my favorite moments of my lifetime, I felt very alive and very Lana-esque. Something about that song makes me melt, I think maybe it's the tempo changes and the sound effect during the last chorus.

That sounds beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

:mariah: Stan for it bb!

It's always the same thing that happens when people get to hear the live version first. See Body Electric...

I don't know about the others who didn't like Ultraviolence, but that's not the reason for me at least. Out of everything she's released, Body Electric and Ultraviolence are my two least favorite songs, and that goes for the live versions too. They both somehow sound so unimaginative to me.

West Coast. I remember I was amazed when I heard it the first time. The drums in it are so good and the chorus makes me feel high. I've never even been high before but that's what I expect it to be like. It's just so great. SOC is great too, I just like WC better. I just listened to Ultraviolence for the first time and I'm unsure. It's good but a little repetitive and I feel like it could be improved. Maybe I need to listen to it more to warm up to it, I'm just a little disappointed. 

Btw, I only listened to the live version once so in no way was I more used to the live version.

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

The experience of waking up at 5:00AM sharp JUST to hear West Coast for the first time was amazing for me. It felt like I was the only one awake at that time. I was alone, the sun wasn't even up yet, the air was so chill and beautiful. It was like being fully awake in a dream. And then I heard West Coast for the first time and tried so hard not to squeal. I fell in LOVE with the guitars and the way the beat accelerates and slows down in all the right moments. It's the experience that matters.

So 

West Coast > Ultraviolence > Shades of Cool 

tumblr_m7ggbemthf1r7oj7fo1_500.gif

People trying to drag Ultraviolence aka the strongest song from this era thus far...

LOL

It's a good song and it's okay if you love it but it's definitely not the strongest from this era thus far...

ZmJh1LG.jpg

Guest Dot

LOL

It's a good song and it's okay if you love it but it's definitely not the strongest from this era thus far...

I suppose you voted for West Coast... :pls:

I don't know how I feel about Ultraviolence yet, I like it musically but it's seems lyrically wrong for me  :ohno:

Same here. I think all three songs are brilliant but UV feels lyrically weak. I'm hoping it will grow on me.