lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?  

1,051 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?

• Cruel World
    • Ultraviolence
    • Shades Of Cool
    • Brooklyn Baby
    • West Coast
    • Sad Girl
    • Pretty When You Cry
    • Money Power Glory
    • Fucked My Way Up To The Top
    • Old Money
    • The Other Woman
    • Black Beauty
    • Guns and Roses
    • Florida Kilos
    • Is This Happiness
    • Flipside

Yasss, that's kinda what Im hoping for. Maybe Lana will switch it up every album. Or just ya know give us variety. I hope she goes back to hip-hop beat for a couple songs. Like I love this album, but I love Born to Die(probably more).....

Honestly, i think she's done with the hip hop, she seems very much over it, but i think we should be happy for her ability to deliver varied sounds. BTD had a more hip hop vibe, Paradise was more alternative pop, and Ultra is more straight up alternative. Adapting some sort of electronica for her next album could actually work, so far shes shown some good diversity while still maintaining her own particular style with every album, thats a tricky thing to do but shes been doing good so far. Although i think FK is overrated and doesnt fit Ultra, on an album that follows that sort of sound, i'd be happy to hear what she could come up with.

I'd like her to experiment with more trip hop and ambient music. I can just imagine the heavenly sounds she could create. I also wouldn't mind if she took the rock a step further. I'd like heavier music from her as well.

Flipside is very raw. The guitar makes it feel very distant and trippy.

Lana's next EP will be entirely comprised of Florida Kilos-esque songs written with Dan Auerbach.

Oh god that would be amazing if she did that tbh... :defeated:

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Flipside is a great song. the guitars remind me of "The Yeah Yeah Yeahs" album "Fever To Tell"

Listening to the "ful UV" with 16 tracks feels more complete than listening to the 11, 14 or 15 track versions. Now it feels complete, like a completely told story, as it was with 15track Born To Die and 9track Paradise.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

It it just me, or is West Coast one of the WEAKEST tracks on here? I mean, EVERYTHING IS SO STRONG AND BEAUTIFUL, it just pales in comparison.

west coast is perfect. I think it's one of the best produced and lyrically its one of the best too

I love the album and every song in it's own way.

The only thing that bothered me is that in the booklet she thanks all these people, but she doesn't thank the fans,

why Lana why  :hooker:

i'm cynical enough to believe she doesn't take much of a liking to us but who knows  :toofunny:

what concerns me more is the fact she didn't recognize Barrie, who was at least involved in one song...

they probably argued the day before she finalized it and she pulled a "Kill Kill" on Barrie  :defeated:

i'm cynical enough to believe she doesn't take much of a liking to us but who knows  :toofunny:

what concerns me more is the fact she didn't recognize Barrie, who was at least involved in one song...

they probably argued the day before she finalized it and she pulled a "Kill Kill" on Barrie  :defeated:

I believe you're right 

I didn't even notice she didn't mention Barrie, omg, that's kinda strange..

but she did thank Dan for "bringing fire back into her life" 

Idk, I just hope everything's ok 

Flipside really closes out the deluxe record in a nice way and ties the bonus tracks together a bit more - here 4 more Blake collabs tbh 

I agree completely. The Blake tracks - Cruel World, Pretty When You Cry, Flipside - are all my favorites.

If anyone can PM me Flipside I'd appreciate it. It's beautiful & closes the album perfectly