Sign in to follow this  
Lum

Favorite/Least Favorite Track From Ultraviolence?

ULTRAVIOLENCE  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Track?

• Cruel World
    • Ultraviolence
    • Shades of Cool
    • Brooklyn Baby
    • West Coast
    • Sad Girl
    • Pretty When You Cry
    • Money Power Glory
    • Fucked My Way Up To the Top
    • Old Money
    • The Other Woman
    • Black Beauty
    • Guns and Roses
    • Florida Kilos
  2. 2. Least Favorite Track?

• Cruel World
    • Ultraviolence
    • Shades of Cool
    • Brooklyn Baby
    • West Coast
    • Sad Girl
    • Pretty When You Cry
    • Money Power Glory
    • Fucked My Way Up To the Top
    • Old Money
    • The Other Woman
    • Black Beauty
    • Guns and Roses
    • Florida Kilos

WHY THE HATE FOR THE OTHER WOMAN?

It's such a flawless, emotional, deep and raw cover of a truly brilliant, beautiful classic song...

The best song to end this album, it just gives you chills.

Tbh I find TOW by Nina STUNNING yet Lana's delivery seems off for me. Quite sad truly :(

Black Beauty is my favorite, followed by Old Money and Cruel World

Guns and Roses just doesn't do it for me but it's a good bonus track

Tbh I find TOW by Nina STUNNING yet Lana's delivery seems off for me. Quite sad truly :(

I really admire Nina Simone's original version, and because of that I was naturally quite worried about Lana's take on it. But it did impress me to the point that I like her version more than the original one.

But I understand that it might seem off. Maybe it's just that I tend to fall easily for interpretations like that.

I LOVED Florida Kilos, like that song is just soo Unreleased Lana sound and just pure beauty. It was just women-giving-praise-o.gif Fuckin love it.

Then Money, Power, Glory is a tied with Cruel World. Those three were just tumblr_n5ggkzvc211rfduvxo1_500.gif

The Other Woman, I just wasnt feeling it. Nina sounds really boring to me although I do love what she stood for. So I knew when Lana covers it, it was going to feel the same.

MPG CW PWYC are all equal first place.Especially when lana hits the red dress verse in cruel world it slays me more and more each time i listen too it its a masterpiece imo.

Least fav tracks are black beauty Bc the orginal was sooo much better than the new one tbh i felt they added to much fuel to the fire.THEY SHOULD'VE KEPT IT PLAIN AND SIMPLE it was beautiful that way. The other track i'm not keen on is Other Women. Something sounds a little odd idk maybe LDR timing was off.Shame though hopefully she preforms it better live..

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

My fave is old money. It was ever since the first snippet, I just knew it will be perfect. Brooklyn Baby and Ultraviolence are really close to it too.

My least fave is Guns'n'Roses. I mean...it actually sounds good, but the lyrics are way way too repetitive...it became a weird song

The other woman is also kind of weird but it's not bad, just needs some time to get used to. I do love the lyrics in there

i love old money (for some reason it makes me think of some pokémon movie (?????)). i really dislike the other woman but i love the original so it was expected.

It probably reminds you of Movie 3, the one with the  Unown and Entei.

They do have a similar vibe lol

Right off the bat my favorites are west coast sad girl pretty when you cry and florida kilos its funny because with florida kilos i did not like it at all when i first played it earlier this morning and i didn't even listen to the whole song through and then later on in the evening i found myself humming that song in my head so now i guess i like it lol its a very lizzy-esque song and its lyrically playful which is what i like 

now these two songs that are in between for me that i think will grow on me later on would be cruel world and black beauty i was never a huge fan of black beauty when the demo came out last year although i think it sounds really nice but i much prefer this album version so i can see me getting more into this the more i listen to it 

next is ultraviolence shades of cool brooklyn baby old money and the other woman they're just mediocre to me ultraviolence and shades of cool sound like they could've belonged in the paradise album i think i was expecting way too much from the other woman and so i ended up just feeling underwhelmed with the actual track when i heard it i didn't like the radio effect thats used on her voice and i really wished it was done more acousticly similar to jeff buckley's cover of the song 

and then the remaining songs that i haven't mentioned above would be my least favorites which is money power glory fucked my way up to the top and guns and roses

so that being said I have mixed feelings about this album as of right now

Sad Girl is my current fav. I love her jazzy style songs so much.

Least favorite..the only one I honestly can't get into is Money Power Glory. Idk it does nothing for me at the moment. That might change though

Hard to say, I love many songs on this album. But I guess my fav is PWUC and my least favourite song is CW.

PWYC is such a nice song sonically and lyrically. I already knew I would like it when I heard the snippets and now I really love it. The verses sound so hurt and fragile.

CW is .. well a nice intro and the guitars are good and everything. But I think it's too long and doesn't have much to offer for me. The lyrics aren't my piece of cake and sonically it's a little bit boring with the time as the chorus isn't really that "chaotic". Don't know, I would have prefered it if she would have saved some minutes from this track and put it into FMWUTTT.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Black Beauty and Old Money  :defeated: Black Beauty has ALWAYS been my favourite lana unreleased track, and while I do like the demo better the final version is just so good

Also love Money Power Glory and Fucked My Way Up To The Top. omg this album