Sitar

VIDEO PREMIERE: Shades of Cool

i love it, i had low expectations after seeing the snippet.

i think its one of her best videos but i wish it was edited better. Like the opening scene shouldve just been the shot with camera moving down the highway with no ugly daddy eyebrows superimposed over it... it wouldve been very eerie and would fit with the intro of the song

Lana has entered a sort of iconic status with this video. My goodness, if it is not so creative and well-directed. I agree that some of the effects were unnecessary, but as a whole, I found it to be spellbinding. She looked great. Was I the only one whose heart started pounding around the "banshee rock duet" portion of the bridge, where Lana starts her 70s style dance routine and wig whip? This video was everything I believe it should have been. Again, my goodness.

It's nice but still waiting on one of those high production videos like BTD, Ride, or National Anthem.

Maybe I'm not understanding the beauty of it or something but yeah, it's ok.

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

I could see PWYC being a similar video and UV being a larger installment ala Born to Die, Blue Jeans, Ride or National Anthem.

or as her first single video West Coast  :toofunny:

She could make some video out of the outtakes of WC video which are even better than the video itself.  :toofunny:

After the WC video+the Ultraviolence preview+this video, I think Lana created sort of a Ultraviolence movie or something : she seems to have plently of material to work with to create videos, and we kinda know for sure that we'll get a PWYC video and a Ultraviolence video as well.

Plus, the beginning of the SoC video matches the WC video, which ended in technicolor : the SoC video starts in technicolor, and I think it's the WC scene, with Lana smoking while in daddy's car. The SoC video is Rich Daddy remembering how he met Lana.  :bodyisready:

Well I'm guess I'm fangirling and expecting too much but I just can't help hoping for a sadcore romance with Rich Daddy, Lana and Bradley to the sounds of Ultraviolence  :pray2:

or as her first single video West Coast  :toofunny:

She could make some video out of the outtakes of WC video which are even better than the video itself.  :toofunny:

Some of them look like they would be perfect for BBY (the guys running around, destroying sh*t and everything)

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

This video makes me cry. I cry with happiness. The video is glorious. It reflects so much of the way I feel. I love Lana's music. Thank u, Lana for this videoclip :* 

There's something I had never told you I'm not really from this world...

Guest Dot

This video is absolutely beautiful. I love the way they displayed the whole shades of cool/warm contrast in the video. The pool and suburban scenes are A+. That daddy needs to leave tho. He ruins everything for me tbh. Why can't Lana shoot with hot guys? I mean come on...

Anyway, I'm not a big fan of SOC but this video made me like it a little more, I think. It's a good song after all and I'm really excited to see what she's gonna come up with for the other songs. I'm praying she does a video for every song!