lflflflflflflflflflf

LanaNow: Ultraviolence Remix Project

The contest thing doesn't seem to work that much, especially when nothing can be won. So I guess it should be more of a collaborative project than a contest with no prize. 

Maybe you could publish the list of the songs already remixed so new contestants could focus on unremixed one ? 

I think this is a great idea!

I don't have the skills to participate (if I did, I'd for sure add some prominent basslines to "Guns and Roses"), but I'd love to hear what other people come up with!

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

The Karaoke contest didn't any prize either .. I mean it was supposed to have one but it didn't, but the fun is in creating something and sharing with people and in this case, even though i'm not a Remix fan, I'd be very interested to see what you guys can come up with, we have some great talent, here ! 

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

I don't care about having something to win. It's just by love of music, and tributing Lana is cool.

Please Topicstarter, you must tell us if you officialy cancel it

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

I don't need a prize either. I don't want to rush into that but a prize could have made me (and that wouldn't have been for the better). Creating music takes times plus I'll be away from home for some time.

Why not wait for it to happen, the acapellas are out there and there are going to be more and more good remixes. When there'll be enough material to choose from maybe we could do a vote topic to choose the best ones to make an album that could be promoted online. 

When I listened to the acapella of Guns 'n' roses I realised that the song did sound really good. It reveals how the production is not the best and I'm sure it could use a good remix :) Not sure I'm gonna do this one tough.

By the way, are there any midi files for ultraviolence tracks ?

Could you please quickly explain to an ignorant man like me what "midi file" is/sounds like? Cause i heard some midi (i think) karaoke tracks that reproduce note by note the melody you're supposed to sing (not with someone singing but with an "instrument") but it destroys the whole instrumental ?

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

Midi is the association of a musical sequence with a virtual instrument. 

A midi file is a file containing different tracks each containing suites of notes. Each track can be associated with a type of instrument  (Guitar, Key, Drums/rythme) that will play the notes.

The sound of the midi file will differ from one computer and softwere to another because it interprets the notes with the associated generic instrument type. Since the virtual instruments are basic, a midi file played as it is will always sound very cheap.

What is interesting with these file is that we can import it in a musical creation softwere (a daw) and use any melody that it contains. The melodies selected could then be modified as needed and be associated with better quality instruments (a very modern synth for exemple). It helps create a complex remix much easier, because there's no need to start from scratch :)

Of course it could be used for karaoke, but the result would be bad unless better fitting virtual instrument would be substitued.

Hope it helped