lflflflflflflflflflf

LanaNow: Ultraviolence Remix Project

We are pleased to introduce LanaNow’s Ultraviolence Remix Project: a remix contest for all fans! We’ve uploaded the instrumentals and acapellas for thirteen Ultraviolence tracks (excluding Florida Kilos). Remixes for each song will be voted on by a panel of judges and the winning remixes for each song will be chosen to be assembled into a complete album which will then be released exclusively through LanaNow (for free!) for the world to hear. Everyone will have their shot at remixing the tracks starting from today!

We will be looking for remixes that fit with the aesthetic of Ultraviolence. Chilled out, good driving music – just like the original record. Avoid any Cedric Gervais Summertime Sadness inspired dance tracks, please! The album should sound calm and cohesive but different to the original album. We’ll leave you guys to explore new ideas and sounds! Old remixes will not be eligible so any remixes made before June 29th will be disqualified! Remixes should not be available to listen to before the contest is over!

How to participate in LanaNow’s Ultraviolence Remix Project:

1. Download the instrumental and acapella files.

2. Upload the remix privately on SoundCloud and make it available for download.

3. Message us the link on the LanaNow SoundCloud so we can download it.

4. You will have from Sunday, June 29th to Sunday, July 6th to upload your remixes.

5. The album of winning the remixes will be posted on Monday, July 7th.

6. Only three remixes are allowed per person but only one remix from one person can be included on the album.

7. Do not sample any other artists besides Lana. You can sample from any available Lana track in your iTunes library.

Panel of judges:

• @LanaNow
  • @@lanaboards
  • @LanaDReyOnline
  • @delreydotcom
  • @DelReyLane
  • @LDReyGlobal
  • more to be announced
Files:Follow us on Twitter: @LanaNow

Our SoundCloud page: http://soundcloud.com/lananow

http://lananow.wordpress.com/2014/06/29/lananow-ultraviolence-remix-project/

You all should totally join in!

Hey ! Great idea but can't we have more time ?

The less time the less attention will be put to details of the creation.

If we have more time the remixes might be a lot better, and more suitable to the quality standard you seem to be after.

Ultraviolence's production hasn't been done in one week ;)

This contest should be called "Remix the shit out of an Ultraviolence song".

The winner should be awarded a golden statuette made in the likeness of Cedric Gervais.

And then Lana will become so angry at the sight of it after descending from the Hollywood Hills that she smashes her master tapes of AKA, burns the statue, grinds it to powder, and forces us to drink water mixed with it.

#DeletedTropicoScene

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

The winner should be awarded a golden statuette made in the likeness of Cedric Gervais.

And then Lana will become so angry at the sight of it after descending from the Hollywood Hills that she smashes her master tapes of AKA, burns the statue, grinds it to powder, and forces us to drink water mixed with it.

#DeletedTropicoScene

But the rules specifically say no dance remixes. A project like this would be a lot easier with stems but alas we don't have them

BzhmW.png

#DeletedTropicoScene

I am so confused. 

9FcLF.jpg

z445hpI.png

We had about five or six submissions but it looks like people just dont care about remixes :/

Well I was interested but didn't have the time to do something in the time that was allowed. I guess I'm not the only one.

Plus the rules are so rigid : one submission by uploader, no material that's already released, style restriction....

If the goal is to have a quality remix album, then the rules should be softened. The contest thing doesn't seem to work that much, especially when nothing can be won. So I guess it should be more of a collaborative project than a contest with no prize. 

Maybe you could publish the list of the songs already remixed so new contestants could focus on unremixed one ? 

And maybe consider including official remixes for the singles.

PS : when I downloaded the acapella folder it didn't include Ultraviolence (the song). I have made a pretty decent one I can share if needed.