Sign in to follow this  
timinmass101

How do you listen to Ultraviolence?

It's literally all I listen to when I drive. Since it's come out, I haven't played a single thing other than Ultraviolence in my car. It's perfect for the road.

At least when I'm at home (although I do listen to UV most of the time) I can bring myself to play other artists.

Playlist:

1) Cruel World

2) Ultraviolence

3) Shades of Cool

4) Brooklyn Baby

5) West Coast

6) Sad Girl

7) Pretty When You Cry

8) Money Power Glory

9) Fucked my Way Up to the Top

10) Old Money

11) The Other Woman

12) Black Beauty

13) Angels Forever

:rock:

I used to listen to it like 5-7 times a day in a row while at work, but then my co-workers started to get bored and complained :eyeroll:

So now we listen to the radio

At least sometimes I hear some tropical remix of Summertime Sadness :pft:

When I'm going to catch a bus to my mates I listen to my favs like Brooklyn baby or PWYC its almost become ritualistic tbh. When I'm at home I listen to the album in its entirety with or without speakers or headphones I don't mind but for me personally its more intimate with headphones. But the best experience is when you listen to UV on vinyl its hard to explain but it was like the whole album was made just to be put on vinyl. Its also a far more richer experience IMO.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

I listen her album a lot in the shower for some weird reason but its the place where I enjoy here songs the most. 

“It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious.” ― Oscar Wilde

I've listen to UV not more than 5 times, I guess. It's not because I don't like it...But when it came out I didn't want to listen to it too often because I was afraid that I might get tired of it very quickly like it was the case for Paradise. So I kinda restricted myself to only listening to it every second/third day. Then things got fucked up and now I just don't feel like listening to it (I don't feel like listening to music at all right now, what never happened to me before). I mean Lana's songs are so intense and they usually really touch me and it might sound stupid but I feel like I'm too weak for it at the moment.

Hopefully I'll soon be able to listen to UV again and then I'll somehow discover its beauty again. :sadcore:

lana_takeitoff_notxb4uwe.gif

I listen to it with headphones and headphones only. I don't usually place music aloud but when I do I'm probably in the shower and I like more fast upbeat music in the shower.

I haven't over played UV so it still sounds beautiful and fresh.

And I never have it on shuffle... Well I don't have shuffle on any albums tbh. I get this odd feeling when things aren't in order. Lol.

Well now, I usually would want to hear ''Brooklyn Baby'' first THEN ''Shades of Cool'' afterwards I may listen for the bottom to the top. I never really have a specific way of listening. I just listen to whatever I feel that is appropriate at the time.

Brookyln Baby is the song I am always in the mood for, it is literally the perfect dash of compassion and narcissism. (I don't think she is a narcissist) Its perfect.

Shades of Cool is the first song I fell in love with off of the debut Ultraviolence album. It is the first song I heard from the album also.

THEN the more singles she released the more I started to listen AND eventually I got through the whole akbum & by no surprise it was good. :) I enjoyed! :)