Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dot

Trash Magic / Miss America / The Man I Love - Discussion Thread

Guest Dot

I think it's about time that we clear up some of the question regarding this song and it's alternative version.

From Lanapedia:

The first appearance of the song known was on January 18, 2008 on her MySpace account, under the title "Miss America". A video of Lana singing the song live during her CMJ concert was uploaded during late 2008 under the title "Trash". Later, during 2008 and 2009, several gig reviews referred to the song as "Trash Magic". In 2011, Lana posted a comment on a Youtube video of the song regarding the title and it's background:

"God. I forgot that. I don't know if i changed the name- i think i called it Trash Magic in my notebook, but also miss america. I was staying at the sunset motel in new jersey off and on every other couple of weeks. I decorated it with tinsel from the duane reade up the street (THE "Trash" she's referring to, maybe) and wrote this song.. It still makes me happy."

The title "Miss America" actually makes sense if you listen to the "The Man I Love" portion of the Trash Magic demo. Could it be that Lana and Kahne took the verses of one song and mixed them with the chorus of Trash Magic to see if they could work together as one song?

Can someone dig up the post of Kahne "confirming" that the Trash Magic demo is real? When did it leak by the way? And who leaked it?

What? David Kahne was involved in this song?

Supposedly he confirmed to a fan that emailed him that he reworked it for AKA, along with another version of Hundred Dollar Bill

However, the source of this info is also the treacherous ass human who did this: http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/3352-is-lana-working-with-david-kahne-again/?p=117303

So it's probably not true :byeh8rs:

The title "Miss America" actually makes sense if you listen to the "The Man I Love" portion of the Trash Magic demo. Could it be that Lana and Kahne took the verses of one song and mixed them with the chorus of Trash Magic to see if they could work together as one song?

Can someone dig up the post of Kahne "confirming" that the Trash Magic demo is real? When did it leak by the way? And who leaked it?

ldr.fm leaked it. As far as I know, they never leaked bullshit edits, so its pretty reasonable that its an actual alternate version of TM and not some kinda fan splice. Kahne probably had nothing to do with the song.

personally, I believe the demo to be fake simply because it's so different to the final version. The Man I Love portion of the demo is dark and just doesn't fit the rest of the song, imo. this is just my opinion though, I have no true evidence for it.

regardless, it's still a fucking amazing song and possibly one of the best she's ever made.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

However, the source of this info is also the treacherous ass human who did this: http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/3352-is-lana-working-with-david-kahne-again/?p=117303

So it's probably not true :byeh8rs:

:hillary:

It's true, I swear. You can e-mail him.

Though I did misunderstand UV's status update... Kahne confirmed another version of Trash Magic that has yet to leak, as well as a song titled "Coconut and Key Lime Pie".

There's nothing to clear up tho, we already know everything  :bye2:  :bye2:  :bye2:  :bye2:  :bye2:

The name and the song (edit from the TM demo) are fan made, there's 0 evidence that the song itself is named "The Man I Love" or that in fact the TM demo is a mash up. The guy who came up with both confirmed that they are fan made.

Ldr.fm leaked the track as a legit recording, aka, not fan made.

As for the date, check the leaked date information thread.

Anyway, play a better version of the FM "The Man I Love"

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif

Guest Dot

"The Man I Love" is fan-made.

You don't say. :die:

personally, I believe the demo to be fake simply because it's so different to the final version. The Man I Love portion of the demo is dark and just doesn't fit the rest of the song, imo. this is just my opinion though, I have no true evidence for it.

regardless, it's still a fucking amazing song and possibly one of the best she's ever made.

This. :mariah:

There's nothing to clear up tho, we already know everything  :bye2:  :bye2:  :bye2:  :bye2:  :bye2:

We do? Please tell us about it.

The name and the song (edit from the TM demo) are fan made, there's 0 evidence that the song itself is named "The Man I Love" or that in fact the TM demo is a mash up. The guy who came up with both confirmed that they are fan made.

Stormriver was the one who edited "The Man I Love", which he was originally going to be titled "Call Him Up". That's a fact. He also believes that the demo was a mashup, which may or may not be true.

Ldr.fm leaked the track as a legit recording, aka, not fan made.

It still sounds fake as fuck. Do we know where they got the recording from? No. It's still possible that they person sending it to them created this fanmade edit.

As for the date, check the leaked date information thread.

50% of dates are incorrect, though. :awkney: Maybe someone should revise them...

Anyway, play a better version of the FM "The Man I Love"

:eartha: I hope you were joking, because that version is a #MESS

I'm not trying to be shady, but I think there's still a lot of unanswered questions about this song that are worth a discussion.

:hillary:

It's true, I swear. You can e-mail him.

Though I did misunderstand UV's status update... Kahne confirmed another version of Trash Magic that has yet to leak, as well as a song titled "Coconut and Key Lime Pie".

I remember this. Does someone have receipts for this, though?

Guest Dot

Well you have "The Man I Love" in the title, so.....

Yes, because I was referring to the yet to be confirmed "demo". I didn't want to put "Trash Magic (Demo)" in the title, because wether it is the demo or not has to be determined.

Stormriver was the one who edited "The Man I Love", which he was originally going to be titled "Call Him Up". That's a fact. He also believes that the demo was a mashup, which may or may not be true.

Oh my god what are you missing here. The leaked file came from lanadelrey.fm, a leak source that was never associated with peddling out false info or edits just to fuck with the fanbase. If the song IS a mashup, then it is most likely a mashup that came directly from Lana herself. As such, we can consider it a little more official than a fanmade edit because it probably had some kind of artistic intention behind it.

iirc, the title of this file was "Trash Sugar Magic"

Guest Dot

Oh my god what are you missing here. The leaked file came from lanadelrey.fm, a leak source that was never associated with peddling out false info or edits just to fuck with the fanbase. If the song IS a mashup, then it is most likely a mashup that came directly from Lana herself. As such, we can consider it a little more official than a fanmade edit because it probably had some kind of artistic intention behind it.

iirc, the title of this file was "Trash Sugar Magic"

Which is exactly what I think it is. I do trust ldr.fm, but I just pointed out that it still could be a mashup from two songs, created by the person who it came from, which as you have said already might have been Lana, herself.

Lana said:

"God. I forgot that. I don't know if i changed the name- i think i called it Trash Magic in my notebook, but also miss america. I was staying at the sunset motel in new jersey off and on every other couple of weeks. I decorated it with tinsel from the duane reade up the street (THE "Trash" she's referring to, maybe) and wrote this song.. It still makes me happy."

My theory is that "Trash Magic" is one song we have in full and "Miss America" the "The Man I Love" portion that Lana, most likely mixed with the chorus of Trash Magic. That's probably a reach but to me it sounds quite plausible.

I got absolutely nothing from this whole thread :lmao:

I'm listening to the posted Man I Love song someone posted and I dont hear any resemblance to Trash Magic, and what other demo is there? 

googling tbh

I'm very interested cause this is probably my favorite unreleased song

:smokes:

I got absolutely nothing from this whole thread :lmao:

I'm listening to the posted Man I Love song someone posted and I dont hear any resemblance to Trash Magic, and what other demo is there?

The "demo" version of Trash Magic has the verses of The Man I Love, followed by the chorus from Trash Magic. Like I said before, they're both so different from each other that it makes me hesitant to believe it's a legit demo - I think that the the idea that Lana put them together for another reason/it's fanmade is far more plausible.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

So do we actually know if the Trash Magic 'demo' is definitely a demo? Or did she just use the chorus of the song to make a new version/song? It's not exactly that important but I'm just curious since Trash is one of my faves of her songs and also one of the first I ever heard.

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif