Baby V Alex

Troye Sivan

After sort of trashing him earlier in the thread when his EP came out, I decided to give his album a second chance after my friend was raving to me about it. Again I love the production on it and he has some cute hooks on some of the song (it was about 50/50 for me on ok/bad songs) but I still can't get away from how forced it feels to me. After actually listening to the lyrics, and looking at the credits, the lyrics seem to get worse the less people he has working with him (except on Wild and Blue where it seems like Alex Hope might as well have just recorded the songs for herself). Some of the songs are cute but I just feel like the whole thing would've been better if someone else had sung it. It just sounds like every other 16-22 year old white gay who can't really sing but still makes their own music and posts on soundcloud, just woking with better producers and a bigger budget.

I second this. Don't understand the hype at all, even if he is a moderately popular Youtuber

After sort of trashing him earlier in the thread when his EP came out, I decided to give his album a second chance after my friend was raving to me about it. Again I love the production on it and he has some cute hooks on some of the song (it was about 50/50 for me on ok/bad songs) but I still can't get away from how forced it feels to me. After actually listening to the lyrics, and looking at the credits, the lyrics seem to get worse the less people he has working with him (except on Wild and Blue where it seems like Alex Hope might as well have just recorded the songs for herself). Some of the songs are cute but I just feel like the whole thing would've been better if someone else had sung it. It just sounds like every other 16-22 year old white gay who can't really sing but still makes their own music and posts on soundcloud, just woking with better producers and a bigger budget.

although I disagree with you on most of your points here, I thoroughly enjoy the shade

MkWI4Ns.png

It's a Lorde album honestly. Only the songs Allie X worked on lyrically shine tbh. Bite, Wild, Suburbia, TMD and Fools are the only songs that have real personality to them. I feel like the album suffers from being too long (18 tracks) and if it was cut down to 13 songs it would weed out some of the weaker songs.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

It's a Lorde album honestly. Only the songs Allie X worked on lyrically shine tbh. Bite, Wild, Suburbia, TMD and Fools are the only songs that have real personality to them. I feel like the album suffers from being too long (18 tracks) and if it was cut down to 13 songs it would weed out some of the weaker songs.

Well in his defense the standard album is only 10 songs, and it's pretty concise. Yes, the deluxe is lengthy - but that's just extras for fans really.

H0bDaqU.gif

If anything a cheap, dollar store, imitation brand Lorde album. Lorde wrote her entire album with one other person and did much better/innovative work in 10 songs than Troye was able to do in 18 with a team of features, co-writers, and a slew of established producers including Emile Haynie and Bleachers (who have both won Grammys)

If anything a cheap, dollar store, imitation brand Lorde album. Lorde wrote her entire album with one other person and did much better/innovative work in 10 songs than Troye was able to do in 18 with a team of features, co-writers, and a slew of established producers including Emile Haynie and Bleachers (who have both won Grammys)

Guuuuuuuuurl, guuuuuuuuuuuuurl just stop.

It's a pop album, trove can sing and he does it, I mean he is a young kid who is just releasing his first album and trying to find his sound, I mean Lorde is manufactured as fuck, Lana too, so just stop, he didn't have a big record deal behind hum shaping every step he takes. 

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif

It's a pop album, trove can sing and he does it, I mean he is a young kid who is just releasing his first album and trying to find his sound, I mean Lorde is manufactured as fuck, Lana too, so just stop, he didn't have a big record deal behind hum shaping every step he takes. 

He's signed to capital? :creep:

Demos_copy.png

Well in his defense the standard album is only 10 songs, and it's pretty concise. Yes, the deluxe is lengthy - but that's just extras for fans really.

I think the standard album has 4-5 listenable tracks. The rest aren't distinct or add any quality to the release. The best tracks are sourced from the deluxe album.

Isn't he signed to EMI Australia? Yes.

Has he been in multiple Hollywood movies? Yes.

Does he not have a Target exclusive album? Yes.

Has he already done sold out tours? Yes.

Does he not have literally millions of followers on social media? Yes, over 3 million I believe.

Did he not create his Youtube "empire" as a means to get a fanbase before introducing music? He did and admitted to it.

I don't think he's necessarily bad for doing any of those things and he may not be properly manufactured like many artists he definitely did get a push by industry people for a debut album. And if he didn't amass a loyal following of tween girls he would be singing in his bedroom.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

ok but that's your opinion? stop acting like it's fact

if you ignore him, he goes away.

He did have a record deal behind him (he signed before TRXYE)

but I don't know why people are so easy to tear people down that come from YouTube. If it weren't for YouTube or Soundcloud, most of our faves would be singing in their bedrooms or trashy dives. He's a talented kid. Transforming from a YouTube personality to an artist doesn't change that.

MkWI4Ns.png

if you ignore him, he goes away.

He did have a record deal behind him (he signed before TRXYE)

but I don't know why people are so easy to tear people down that come from YouTube. If it weren't for YouTube or Soundcloud, most of our faves would be singing in their bedrooms or trashy dives. He's a talented kid. Transforming from a YouTube personality to an artist doesn't change that.

The thing is, he went into doing Youtube with the intent to become successful THEN do music after getting his fanbase to "trust" him or whatever. He wanted people to buy the music.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

The thing is, he went into doing Youtube with the intent to become successful THEN do music after getting his fanbase to "trust" him or whatever. He wanted people to buy the music.

OMG rilly? A music star that wants people to buy their music? call the press. Even tho he made youtube, he also released music through the years.

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif

People will buy into anything these days. no vocal talent. No lyrical talent. honestly ever cringed so much whilst listening to music.

Girl.... I'm honestly screaming. A gift that keeps giving.

5v6jlL8.gif

He has an alright voice. I think he had a good artistic direction going on with this record with that trilogy video set he did before the album came out. I just think that maybe his label or something forced it to sound more teeny-boppy that made it marketed towards the YouTube fans that are like 11-16. I think his lyrical content is okay but nothing to be remembered. I just don't think his full potential was given on this record I think he could have done better.

if you look at one of his newest videos, he talks about not singing for years in front of people and how the Fault in Our Stars song re-sparked his inner musician. I don't think he went into YouTube with the sole intent of manipulating people to buy his music, but even if he did, who cares? People do a lot of things with the intent of becoming popular... things like, gee, I don't know, The Voice? :creep:

MkWI4Ns.png

if you look at one of his newest videos, he talks about not singing for years in front of people and how the Fault in Our Stars song re-sparked his inner musician. I don't think he went into YouTube with the sole intent of manipulating people to buy his music, but even if he did, who cares? People do a lot of things with the intent of becoming popular... things like, gee, I don't know, The Voice? :creep:

very true, and some artists sleep their way to the top :creep:

89550-F07-DF2-F-4739-9-AB0-552-DF4549773.jpg