Baby V Alex

Troye Sivan

it's SO good i cannot wait for december 4 fuck yes

also THE PERTH SHOW WAS CANCELLED WHICH I AM SO HAPPY ABOUT BECAUSE I DIDN'T GET TICKETS AND THIS MEANS THAT WHEN IT'S RESCHEDULED I COULD HAVE A CHANCE AT GETTING MORE AUYGUK

FzytWEW.png

He's getting rave reviews for this so far. A 5/5 from the Guardian, 4/5 from Rolling Stone, 4/5 from another publication (I forget which one).

MkWI4Ns.png

Thoroughly enjoyed the album. Love the overall vibe of it. Too Good, Lost Boy, for him., (Fools), and Suburbia are my favorites. I could do with less collabs, especially that tragic rap feature in 'for him' :ohno: but I think Troye has lots of potential. Looking forward to more from him since he gets better and better!

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

I finished listening to it today. It's an easy listen. It's very impressive though, the lyrics were really well written, and the production sounded great. The genre he is in is not something I really listen to, but I'd consider giving the album a few more listens here and there. 

The only thing I honestly cannot stand on the album is the amount of collabs on it.

EASE ft. Broods - This was one of the better collabs because it was mainly duetting so it didn't take away from Troye too much

DKLA ft. Tkay Maidza - even though I like the rap, it's kinda uneccessary?

HEAVEN ft. Betty Who - Ok don't get me wrong I LOVE Betty Who and she sounds like an angel here, but I feel like this song could have been 1000x times more personal and emotional if it was just Troye. Betty sort of takes away the personal factor of it because she has no relevance to it lyrically - she isn't LGBT as far as I'm aware so she feels so out of place. Regardless, still one of my favourite tracks on the album. Just bugs me that someone else has been thrown onto what is perhaps the most personal song on the album.

for him. feat. Allday - Definitely the most unnecessary collab. The rap is cringeworthy and ruins the song for me. the song is perfect until Allday comes along smh. Thank God my friend made an edit without the rap version!!

BLUE feat. Alex Hope - A beautiful collab but again, it seems kind of random to just throw in someone else on such a personal song.

Idk, maybe it's just that the kinds of albums I listen to generally don't have collaborations on them so I'm not really used to it. Like my three main faves, Lana, Marina and Melanie have never done collabs on their albums. I feel like I listen to an album to hear the singer of the album, not five other people. It takes away from the album being  personal in my opinion.

Regardless, the album still slays most of the other shitty pop music being released nowadays, just hoping he stops shoving so many collaborations onto his albums in the future.

After sort of trashing him earlier in the thread when his EP came out, I decided to give his album a second chance after my friend was raving to me about it. Again I love the production on it and he has some cute hooks on some of the song (it was about 50/50 for me on ok/bad songs) but I still can't get away from how forced it feels to me. After actually listening to the lyrics, and looking at the credits, the lyrics seem to get worse the less people he has working with him (except on Wild and Blue where it seems like Alex Hope might as well have just recorded the songs for herself). Some of the songs are cute but I just feel like the whole thing would've been better if someone else had sung it. It just sounds like every other 16-22 year old white gay who can't really sing but still makes their own music and posts on soundcloud, just woking with better producers and a bigger budget.