Sign in to follow this  
GodBlessMe

Ultraviolence Video Interpretation.

What do you the mening behind the video is? Do you think there is a meaning at all?

I think that maybe Lana just wanted to walk around In a wedding dress :toofloppy:

But in the end, the man behind the camera says something like: "are you looking for someone"?!? So maybe she is actually a ghost looking for her lover to haunt :wtf: (saw that somewhere on Instagram) but then why the fuck are she licking someone's finger?!?? :eek:

Anyways what do you think the meaning is?

:kiss:

I AM MY ONLY GOD

I had a thought that perhaps that this video, along with some lyrics from Guns & Roses and Yayo, hint that a few years back, she was in fact engaged but before the marriage actually took place something happened such as a split or even a death, at the absolute extreme, hence why she was walking to the altar alone. Along with the line at the end, if the translation you posted stands true. Just a thought I had, I could be completely off though.

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

its the same filter of summer winne and summetime sadness :creep:

w/e we have a o lot of home made videos, thats kinda cool

i cant talk too much blame this

well the way you complain and whine about everything is hard not to get bored LOL

Someone posted this on youtube:

Ultraviolence is about an abusive relationship. she loves Jim so much but he doesn't show any love to her so when it says he hit me and It felt like a kiss she interprets the abuse as love, he is showing love to her. The music video is genius. It shows her love for him, how she loves him and how she would love getting married to him, but reality is that Jim really does not love her, that is why no one else is in the alter. The video plays with dream and reality, you just have to look close enough to see. Its beautiful.

Thoughts ?

I AM MY ONLY GOD

There's no plot tbh. Its just Lana walking round a churchyard -looking pretty in her wedding dress and eating oranges. At a push you could say its about a couple- where obvs the dude is in charge hence the finger sucking- who runaway and get married but that's just me grabbing at straws tbh.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

It seems like the start of what turns into an abusive relationship. The end hints at a darker progression of the relationship. You get a happy bride, a sensual woman, in love and getting married - but by the end, she's kneeling ALONE in church, a white dove on the floor, turning back to look ... at what? Her past? Peering into her future? It's gorgeous; this might be my new favorite Lana video after Born To Die. The simplicity, the haunting vibe, the vague sense of creepiness - it's just perfect.  And WOW she has never looked better!

1. Lana was called to a costume party and had nothing to wear.

2. She put her favorite white party dress, stole her grandmother's knitting tea tablecloth and some flowers in the yard.

3. Asked her gay best friend to turn the tablecloth towel into a veil. 

4. The party was thrown by Vogue so when Lana saw the oranges she thought "Better eat something since don't fead the models is a thing"

5. A friend was filming the trajectory until the Church.  Praying is in Vogue these days, so the theme was birth of baby Jesus

6. Got home quite drunk, passed the video to the laptop and inadvertently gave upload. 

7. Lana is still sleeping and still doesn't know the video is online

glgcDdT.gif

I expected allusions to an abusive relationship..... Like at least a bruise or something.. :c All we really see is her getting ready for her some wedding, and then walking around with the straps falling down her shoulders. Then eating some TANGERINE and sucking on some dudes fingers. Then we hear the dude talk at the end. Anyone else notice how at around 2:40 she doesn't finish singing "Loving you was really hard.." as if she someone did something physical to her or said something that really just bit her emotionally.. Just a thought... seems like the only line she had trouble synching along to....  Then she is at the church kneeling cause after all that walking, she needs to rest. x

Lana has been consuming food/drinks in her videos recently.

The apple and pepsi in Tropico.

The alcohol and strawberries in Shades of Cool.

And finally the tangerine in Ultraviolence.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

Lana has been consuming food/drinks in her videos recently.

The apple and pepsi in Tropico.

The alcohol and strawberries in Shades of Cool.

And finally the tangerine in Ultraviolence.

And in FMWUTTT she'll be sipping on Lorde's blood :teehee:

1. Lana was called to a costume party and had nothing to wear.

2. She put her favorite white party dress, stole her grandmother's knitting tea tablecloth and some flowers in the yard.

3. Asked her gay best friend to turn the tablecloth towel into a veil.

4. The party was thrown by Vogue so when Lana saw the oranges she thought "Better eat something since don't fead the models is a thing"

5. A friend was filming the trajectory until the Church. Praying is in Vogue these days, so the theme was birth of baby Jesus

6. Got home quite drunk, passed the video to the laptop and inadvertently gave upload.

7. Lana is still sleeping and still doesn't know the video is online

Lel

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

I think the video goes along with her always saying she is the type of woman that will always be the other woman. She wants that life, to be married, babies, children etc but as most relationships with the other woman the man constantly lies to her and tells her that one day they will be together, they will be married.  in the end she's just not that type of girl. So the video shows her getting dressed up in a wedding dress and eventually being left at the altar, well because the guy never shows up. He plays with her, seduces her but at the end of the day she's left alone. 

I hope that makes sense.