CruelWorld

Lana Featured on New Emile Haynie Song "Wait For Life" - Out January 20th

My lawd, have muhcy!

This is what I like to hear from Lana. Am I the only one getting a dark Sia vibe from this? Lana does so well to emote pain through her music. You all must get into the bleakness of her delivery, and the forsakenness of the bridge. Lol! Yeas, Lana. This is such a sad song, and she nailed that aspect of it.

My lawd, have muhcy!

This is what I like to hear from Lana. Am I the only one getting a dark Sia vibe from this? Lana does so well to emote pain through her music. You all must get into the bleakness of her delivery, and the forsakenness of the bridge. Lol! Yeas, Lana. This is such a sad song, and she nailed that aspect of it.

Sia? :crai:

Love this song. If anything I wish it had a slightly faster tempo but Overall I think it's another gem that keeps growing on me.

I'd love more collaborations between these two in the future.

Cedric Gervais could take care of that for ya :oopna:

Sia? :crai:

The mood of much of Sia's second album, Colour the Small One, gives a similar vibe to the mood of this particular song.After all, it is the album possesses the iconic "Breathe Me." Many of the songs are quite somber, stirring, and depressing, quite like this one. Even the way Lana's tone comes across here, and the way she purrs some of the lyrics is chillingly Sia-like. I am suprised no one has ever spoken to these similarities before. This is not the first time I have heard a parallel between that era of Sia's discography and Lana's intimate, sullen songs. 

Wait For Life was originally for Ultraviolence. :omg:

When Lana came to Haynie's studio in New York for an Ultraviolence session one afternoon, the two got talking about relationships instead, and spontaneously recorded a demo. That session later became the We Fall track "Wait For Life," a song about impossible romance that's pinned around Lana's soft teasing out of the phrase, I'm lonely.

http://www.thefader.com/2015/02/10/emile-haynie-interview

Holy cow I can't believe Lana can write a song as bad as Wait For Life  :facepalm: Thank God it is not on the masterpiece of Ultraviolence :worship:

of course it's not that bad but it is a generic song that stop being good after the 5th listen. Haynie's works on BTD is way lot higher quality than this!

Still would be better than Guns and Roses on there.

Maybe if Emile produced Guns and Roses he would have convinced Lana to put some more effort into the chorus and make the song listenable

Still would be better than Guns and Roses on there.

Maybe if Emile produced Guns and Roses he would have convinced Lana to put some more effort into the chorus and make the song listenable

Nah he would just put a loom into the intro instead of the bike sounds and pull the MJ sample during the chorus

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Nah he would just put a loom into the intro instead of the bike sounds and pull the MJ sample during the chorus

:toofunny:

The fact that that is most likely accurate

:toofunny:

lol I made you look