Sign in to follow this  
evilentity

3rd Annual Lanaween Costume Contest

I wish I had dressed up, Halloween just kind of sprang up on me and I didn't have time to make a costume. :/ Maybe I'll find something to dress up for tonight - the weekend is still young.  :brows: 

I've had red high tops that I've wanted to incorporate into a Lana costume for a long time. I'm sure if I curled my hair like the BTD cover I could be pretty convincing as we have a similar face shape. I also have wanted to do Electra Heart (because it would be so easy) but I'm blonde soo not sure about that one. 

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

My attempt to recreate FKA Twigs look was a fail. I spent 2 hours on my hair and I could not achieve something similar with my hair texture, without practicing before. I over estimated my talent in making French braids lol. When I found a way to make it look like a French braid, I put my hair in two buns on top of my head and it didn't look good with the shape of my face, so I gave up and went to the party with a blow dried huge afro, which was not really a costume, but it was the first time I was wearing my hair that way and it had a big effect and I might be tempted to wear that style in my everyday life. It was a bit of a test (using Halloween as an excuse "Oh, this...? No I'm not wearing my hair like that normally, Ha! Ha! It's JUST a costume") to know if I was comfortable managing the stares of people and I guess it was fine. People on the streets smile at me and I don't know if they are actually mocking me, that's what bothers me a bit. Anyway, this is a Halloween Costume Contest and I wouldn't consider my look as a costume, so I won't post a pic here, but I'll post it on the POY thread :P

ZDAaxwo.jpg

All that's real to me is Halloween and Jesus

ANNOUNCING THE 3RD ANNUAL LANAWEEN COSTUME CONTEST

Lana's celebrating Halloween by playing two shows at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery. Here at LanaBoards we're marking the occasion with our 3rd annual Lanaween costume contest. It's hard to believe it's already that time of year again or that it's already our third year doing this, but it is. Once again there will be a slight change to the rules this year. To enter, you will again be required to post a photo of yourself in costume in this thread, but there will be two categories this year: 1) Lana- or LanaBoards-related costumes, and 2) general costumes, with a winner chosen in each category. And unlike past years, the winners will receive more than just bragging rights and the respect of their peers (questionable): @ has graciously agreed to give each of the winners a free t-shirt from his Stan Wars store. In order to give people time to post photos from actual Halloween parties, entries must be submitted by 11:59 PM EST on November 2. On November 3, a poll will be created consisting of the most-liked entries so everyone can vote for their most favorite in each category. The winners will be announced at 10:30 PM EST on November 4. You may submit as many different entries as you like in either category, but please make a separate post for each entry. If the same person wins in both categories, the person with the next highest vote total in either category will receive the second t-shirt.

Now go get your cosplay on LanaBoarders!

Catch up on previous years' competitions below:

1st Annual Lanaween costume contest (winner)

2nd Annual Lanaween costume contest (winner)

Wasn't the pole supposed to be up by now?  :smile2:

European, on 04 Nov 2014 - 03:03 AM, said:

Wasn't the pole supposed to be up by now? :smile2:

It will be delayed since I got sent on the road unexpectedly for work and haven't had time to set up the poll yet. Feel free to continue submitting costume entries until I do.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

idk if this counts since it's not a costume, but I did a fun chelsea grin 

73cb2cda4397584e71de996dbc012e26.JPG

Excuse me if this sounds weird, but I think I know you from somewhere else... is it possible that you had a sims 2 blog or something like that? If no I'm sorry :toofunny:

ZmJh1LG.jpg

Excuse me if this sounds weird, but I think I know you from somewhere else... is it possible that you had a sims 2 blog or something like that? If no I'm sorry :toofunny:

Lol no that wasn't me

l2Sq4K7gijMLVChUI.gif