Sign in to follow this  
evilentity

3rd Annual Lanaween Costume Contest

ZDAaxwo.jpg
All that's real to me is Halloween and Jesus

ANNOUNCING THE 3RD ANNUAL LANAWEEN COSTUME CONTEST

Lana's celebrating Halloween by playing two shows at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery. Here at LanaBoards we're marking the occasion with our 3rd annual Lanaween costume contest. It's hard to believe it's already that time of year again or that it's already our third year doing this, but it is. Once again there will be a slight change to the rules this year. To enter, you will again be required to post a photo of yourself in costume in this thread, but there will be two categories this year: 1) Lana- or LanaBoards-related costumes, and 2) general costumes, with a winner chosen in each category. And unlike past years, the winners will receive more than just bragging rights and the respect of their peers (questionable): @ has graciously agreed to give each of the winners a free t-shirt from his Stan Wars store. In order to give people time to post photos from actual Halloween parties, entries must be submitted by 11:59 PM EST on November 2. On November 3, a poll will be created consisting of the most-liked entries so everyone can vote for their most favorite in each category. The winners will be announced at 10:30 PM EST on November 4. You may submit as many different entries as you like in either category, but please make a separate post for each entry. If the same person wins in both categories, the person with the next highest vote total in either category will receive the second t-shirt.

Now go get your cosplay on LanaBoarders!

Catch up on previous years' competitions below:
1st Annual Lanaween costume contest (winner)
2nd Annual Lanaween costume contest (winner)

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I think I'm gonna try to recreate a FKA Twigs look.

Edit: OMG the hair... I can do the same with mine. Never though it could look so cool!

yESS so here for you going FKA.

I wanna go as Terry Richardson but I'm not balding.

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

I'mma have to go DIY this year since idek if I'll be doing anything on Halloween and I can't be dropping plastic just to sit at home :cat: I wanted to be Beefsquatch though

BFqpuIYCIAA3szA.jpg

yESS so here for you going FKA.

I wanna go as Terry Richardson but I'm not balding.

I'm starting to freak out. I have no clue how to do this makeup and will probably end up looking like a smashed clown. I'm too dumb to understand colors.

d0fe865f4ab4e83044603b239a6066f3.jpg

I'm starting to freak out. I have no clue how to do this makeup and will probably end up looking like a smashed clown. I'm too dumb to understand colors.

d0fe865f4ab4e83044603b239a6066f3.jpg

Don't do the color face paint thing, just do yo hair like her and paint weird lips on your face and you're done

Don't do the color face paint thing, just do yo hair like her and paint weird lips on your face and you're done

I'm still not sure about the painting... it will depend on the hair result. Mine is not as long, but the freak that I am has been collecting her own dead hair since 3 years (to make old fashion rats), so I think I could use it to add some volume to the braids. If I can make it a statement, I will skip the makeup. I'm going to a party and I don't want people to think I just changed my hair for the occasion lol.

I found this picture. It's more realistic and it helps me visualize how it was done:

tumblr_na9kqoD3Tw1qdjlmwo1_500.jpg

I'm still not sure about the painting... it will depend on the hair result. Mine is not as long, but the freak that I am has been collecting her own dead hair since 3 years (to make old fashion rats), so I think I could use it to add some volume to the braids. If I can make it a statement, I will skip the makeup. I'm going to a party and I don't want people to think I just changed my hair for the occasion lol.

I found this picture. It's more realistic and it helps me visualize how it was done:

tumblr_na9kqoD3Tw1qdjlmwo1_500.jpg

If you just do the nose ring and the thick eyebrows and super fashiony cool clothes I think people would know who you're going for, I don't think the face paint is necessarily a FKA twigs "iconic" thing. 

If you just do the nose ring and the thick eyebrows and super fashiony cool clothes I think people would know who you're going for, I don't think the face paint is necessarily a FKA twigs "iconic" thing. 

She's not known enough around here and I fucking like it because when she'll become more famous, people will say "heyyy, she looks like Kiki!" :P

I'mma have to go DIY this year since idek if I'll be doing anything on Halloween and I can't be dropping plastic just to sit at home :cat: I wanted to be Beefsquatch though

BFqpuIYCIAA3szA.jpg

So I bought the ingredients for this but the sideways burger costume was sold out so I had to get one that shows like a front view :cat:

So I bought the ingredients for this but the sideways burger costume was sold out so I had to get one that shows like a front view :cat:

iv'e read this post like 5 times what do u mean front view? it's a burger isn't it all front view? ;(

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg