Hundred Dollar Bill

Beach House

I can't help but think about how we waited 3 years for Depression Cherry, and then ended up getting two albums in one year. Does this equate to a wait of like 6 years for the next album? :defeated: hopefully not

i mean at the end of the day we have 68 studio recordings now to enjoy, so i guess i can survive a good while.

H0bDaqU.gif

I wasn't that big of a fan of TYLS when it was released, but it's been growing on me so much these last couple of weeks. I think Rough Song is slowly becoming my favorite Beach House song. I never appreciated The Traveller that much either, but one day it hit me and I haven't been able to stop listening to it ever since. 

giphy.gif

I wasn't that big of a fan of TYLS when it was released, but it's been growing on me so much these last couple of weeks. I think Rough Song is slowly becoming my favorite Beach House song. I never appreciated The Traveller that much either, but one day it hit me and I haven't been able to stop listening to it ever since. 

i really appreciate TYLS more now as well. its one their albums, like Devotion for me, that is much better after it simmers down in your brain over time with multiple listens.

H0bDaqU.gif

i really appreciate TYLS more now as well. its one their albums, like Devotion for me, that is much better after it simmers down in your brain over time with multiple listens.

Hmm tbh I still feel like I never appreciated TYLS. It was just too soon after DC I couldn't process it & DC was such a great album I couldn't stop listening to it

Hmm tbh I still feel like I never appreciated TYLS. It was just too soon after DC I couldn't process it & DC was such a great album I couldn't stop listening to it

well try again now! it's been long enough since DC. TYLS is so good and it must be appreciated.

H0bDaqU.gif

well try again now! it's been long enough since DC. TYLS is so good and it must be appreciated.

I think people were just kinda culture shocked by TYLS bc of how different it is from DC in terms of production. I always say TYLS is the 2015 version of Devotion

smile.gif

I think people were just kinda culture shocked by TYLS bc of how different it is from DC in terms of production. I always say TYLS is the 2015 version of Devotion

interesting idea. maybe you're right. Devotion is probably their least commercial effort and TYLS is sort of on that same path, I'll agree. but honestly, even if it had sounded more similar to DC, i think there would be almost no way it would have the same impact. any artist of any caliber would struggle to reel people in a second time in a period of a couple months for an album. the first one that gets all the original promotion and hype will basically always prevail in this scenario.

H0bDaqU.gif

What are everyone's opinions on Teen Dream? People seem to consider it their magnum opus (well than and Bloom) but I never got too into it. Like don't get me wrong, there's not a single song there I dislike, but I wouldn't put any of the songs there on my top 10 Beach House songs. It's just there for me, whereas with the other albums I have at least like 2-3 songs I really really like. 

giphy.gif

What are everyone's opinions on Teen Dream? People seem to consider it their magnum opus (well than and Bloom) but I never got too into it. Like don't get me wrong, there's not a single song there I dislike, but I wouldn't put any of the songs there on my top 10 Beach House songs. It's just there for me, whereas with the other albums I have at least like 2-3 songs I really really like. 

this is absolutely me haha i really wouldnt place any of the songs from Teen Dream in my top 10 as well.

wow, how did i not know this was a topic??? i'm literally wearing my beach house tee i got at their concert as i write this.

my fav albums are bloom, depression cherry, and thank your lucky stars, but mostly dc + tyls bc they have bops (i.e. PPP, majorette, rough song) not that bloom doesn't, i just like those two albums better. i'm DESPERATELY searching for someone at my school who likes them too so i can obsess over them with another person and not just myself :oprah3:

ZLJIWCD.gif

wow, how did i not know this was a topic??? i'm literally wearing my beach house tee i got at their concert as i write this.

my fav albums are bloom, depression cherry, and thank your lucky stars, but mostly dc + tyls bc they have bops (i.e. PPP, majorette, rough song) not that bloom doesn't, i just like those two albums better. i'm DESPERATELY searching for someone at my school who likes them too so i can obsess over them with another person and not just myself :oprah3:

you're literally me

giphy.gif

My top 10 would probably look something like: 

1. Rough Song
2. Apple Orchard
3. Troublemaker
4. PPP
5. The Traveller
6. Master of None
7. You Came To Me
8. Levitation
9. Saltwater
10. Bluebird

But it changes like weekly, if not daily tbh

levitation is in my top five at least. silver soul is up there too. 

ZLJIWCD.gif

i have this gorgeous purple pressing of teen dream, which made me love the album even more

tumblr_of0px8XVUT1s4l3aao1_500.jpg

i'm praying that someone puts the glitter pressing of tyls up on discogs for less than $75 because i have no money  :um2:

ZLJIWCD.gif

Take Care, Real Love, & 10 Mile Stereo are all wonderful songs from Teen Dream that would fit nicely + deservingly in any Top 10 BH list..  :crai: 

they're like classic beach house w/ gorgeous melodies + vocals + lyrics!! Stop sleeping on Teen Dream!  :rollin:

14417469274.gif

My top 10 would probably look something like:

1. Rough Song

2. Apple Orchard

3. Troublemaker

4. PPP

5. The Traveller

6. Master of None

7. You Came To Me

8. Levitation

9. Saltwater

10. Bluebird

But it changes like weekly, if not daily tbh

Rough Song and Apple Orchard :legend:

i have this gorgeous purple pressing of teen dream, which made me love the album even more

i'm praying that someone puts the glitter pressing of tyls up on discogs for less than $75 because i have no money :um2:

wow i didn't even know of this purple pressing... is it official? where can i buy it?

H0bDaqU.gif

yes, it's official! (as far as i know) here's the link: https://www.newburycomics.com/products/beach_house-teen_dream_exclusive_2_lp_-_dvd?variant=14880109766

it's kinda pricey ($31.99 :lanasrs: )

thank you i literally just ordered it :flutter:

now i really need to hunt down the blue Devotion vinyl, the white Beach House vinyl, and probably will end up just getting the black Bloom vinyl because the white or glo pressings are so hard to find...

H0bDaqU.gif

i'm praying that someone puts the glitter pressing of tyls up on discogs for less than $75 because i have no money  :um2:

I'm so jealous!!! When I saw that newburycomics was selling it I wanted to get it so badly but of course shipping is very expensive for Canada :))) 

UM7JOQb.gif