ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

If she didn't do any festivals we'd just have another 5 pages in this thread complaining about her lazy promo lmao

I never tought about festivals as promo for her tbh

It seems people on front were enjoying the show and people who couldn't hear anyhting went to watch The Black Keys. It sucks because a lot of casual listeners  are"dissapointed" with her performance ( even tho isn't her fault at all). I expect some shit music blog will make a post about how she sucks live and all, but she can survive it.

If it were only the shit blogs. But GovBall is covered by the mainstream media and they will not be kind to her

I was at the show, there is a lot of misinformation in this thread about the governor's ball.

She played the allotted time she was scheduled to play.

Don't believe the negativity. Probably weren't even at the show.

I gotta go to sleep. My aching feet from all the walking.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

She was suppose to end at 1030 and did. She started 915 and ended 1030 as schedule.

and she smiled a bunch of times . Don't recall on stage her doing that last year.

And thanked the crowd after Video Games before going into the last song.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I was at the show, there is a lot of misinformation in this thread about the governor's ball.

but lana could prob just stand there and pee on the front row and you'd still consider it a riveting piece of performance art 

i can see her being a little bitch about the sound or whatever the problem was. she's flipped out twice on stage already (once during the concert and once during rehearsal)

ZRBNill.jpg

Lana will probably finish this tour next week, and disappear for a year or so, before coming out with any new news. I can see it.

festivals suck anyway, been to enough, could care less about the scene.. booyaaa.. governers ass crack or whatever .. lol.. :D  :giggle:

I hope that you're right and people are just overreacting. I couldn't bear another negative campaign against her

Why do some people in here behave that she is mentally not capable to survive sound problems and that it destbilizes her. that she will blame NYC, that she will or should not ever play festivals and maybe, potentially leave the music industry?

Are some of you mental?

What I get is lots of problems reported at this festival (e.g. Ryan Adams complaining about DeadMau5 when the latter was playing, and DeadMau5 complaining about power failures when he was not). Billboard reports the irony of Ultraviolence being drowned out by Black Keys for those in back, and LDR is especially at a disadvantage (with respect to the back rows and this venue) because of fan singing (I guess mainly in front). So all in all it's good nothing new was unveiled. Hopefully, Govs Ball will suffer the most reputation-wise, and  LDR will get a better NY venue next time.