ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

wow, super curious to see what the rest of the songs on honeymoon will sound like to me.

I listened again and again to HM, but although her voice sounds absolutely beautiful in this production,

like mind blowing incredible, i still do not like the song as a whole. Just can't get into it..

if the production is as good though for the other songs on HM as this one, just imagine how amazing

some other songs might sound like..

It would be nice to buy the song in HQ, but I'm glad she just shared it win fans as an intro song. It shows how much she favors her art and fans over the commercial side of things

I do hope the "actual" first single gets an itunes release or even beats1 premiere if she wants or whatever, like i dont think it would be os hard for her to get on an interview with Zane Lowe for that station :s

Here's to hoping that the Honeymoon photoshoot is as iconic as the BTD one (and the Ultraviolence outtakes...)

Praise Nicole sis, praise her!

image.png

I've read somewhere a few months (or a month) ago that Serial Killer will be on the tracklist of HM. THe se are just rumors I guess, but we're on the speculation thread so,what do you think about it?

I don't know if Serial Killer would fit well in HM (I base my theories on the listening of Honeymoon, the song) I think she performed Serial Killer (and other unreleased songs) just for the fans and not because they will be on honeymoon

tumblr_ncf5qwtL1C1tktqnpo1_500.giftumblr_nn0o28ngn21u6a0a7o1_500.gif

I've read somewhere a few months (or a month) ago that Serial Killer will be on the tracklist of HM. THe se are just rumors I guess, but we're on the speculation thread so,what do you think about it?

I don't know if Serial Killer would fit well in HM (I base my theories on the listening of Honeymoon, the song) I think she performed Serial Killer (and other unreleased songs) just for the fans and not because they will be on honeymoon

Inb4 Serial Killer is the only "muddy trap" bop on the record and the rest are "late-night Miles Davis drives" inspired songs. :crai:

tumblr_ov81kxfRAq1t0t62zo1_500.gif

Inb4 Serial Killer is the only "muddy trap" bop on the record and the rest are "late-night Miles Davis drives" inspired songs. :crai:

now all I could think about is the K Theory remix being on honeymoon :facepalm:

I was thinking maybe Lana did perform those songs live to add some more 'upbeat' stuff into her shows in preparation for Honeymoon? Like if Honeymoon has some songs in a similar style to Serial Killer or You Can Be The Boss then maybe that's why she played those ones live?

Haha probably totally wrong and she just did it for shits and giggles but just a thought

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

I don't get why Lana keeps trying to invoke these jazz musicians. I'm not a Davis fan, but I've heard some of his stuff and I can't imagine Lana doing anything that sounds remotely like him. Then again, she did say inspired. She could say "I wrote a song inspired by Iron Maiden" and then release a slow UV-like ballad because "I really liked the juxtaposition of like, iron, which is hard, and maidens, which are soft, and like, maybe she's sad because her heart is iron, you know?"

I don't get why Lana keeps trying to invoke these jazz musicians. I'm not a Davis fan, but I've heard some of his stuff and I can't imagine Lana doing anything that sounds remotely like him. Then again, she did say inspired. She could say "I wrote a song inspired by Iron Maiden" and then release a slow UV-like ballad because "I really liked the juxtaposition of like, iron, which is hard, and maidens, which are soft, and like, maybe she's sad because her heart is iron, you know?"

I think she just means she was driving in her car at night listening to Miles Davis and got inspired by that, not that she is going to make a song like Miles Davis' music

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg