ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Well I hate to post three times in a row, but apparently no one can think of anything relevant to the topic, so I'll get us started.

Well, I'm starting to really anticipate Lana's idea of "surrealist" lyrics. I often see you guys saying that she'll never sing about anything but romance, men, etc. but I mean a lot of songs from AKA are very surrealist in style and theme. Particularly Oh Say Can You See (an absouloute gem from the Lizzy era) and if we get an album of songs of that lyrical quality I might just die.

Other examples of Lana's surreal theme:

For K Pt. 2

Gramma

Mermaid Motel

So yeah, in other words I'm still desperate for a comeback of SURF NOIR. I know so far her statements on the record haven't sounded the slightest bit similar to AKA (but Raise Me Up IS kinda "orchestral grunge") but I mean the fact is with how unpredictable Lana can be my guess is probably as good as hers :godlaugh:

So yeah, in other words I'm still desperate for a comeback of SURF NOIR.

I NEED the return of surf noir, especially if the album is released in August! it would be the perfect summer album...some UV tracks had the feel of it (WC, BKBY, FK), but I crave the return of fully-fledged surf Lana

imagine if she did some folk tale songs like HDYKMSW...it would lyrically be quite different to her released stuff and would really help her standing as a songwriter

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I NEED the return of surf noir, especially if the album is released in August! it would be the perfect summer album...some UV tracks had the feel of it (WC, BKBY, FK), but I crave the return of fully-fledged surf Lana

imagine if she did some folk tale songs like HDYKMSW...it would lyrically be quite different to her released stuff and would really help her standing as a songwriter

I WANT* :troll:

I can definitely see Lana bringing back some of her Lizzy-esque surf noir vibes with just a hint more rock. I think that period of her life was her most creative; before fame, before criticism, before a fanbase, when it was just her and a few producers working on AKA, she had freedom to express herself (no matter how weird.) I think now, she feels less free as an artist and more restricted by public opinion and interviews and articles. I think during her time writing BTD/P/UV, she felt as if she needed to stick to more mainstream lyrics, for example, love/heartbreak/etc. Now that she's been in the business for a few years I think she no longer gives a shit about trying to appeal to the masses, I think UV's "unlistenable" sound is a clear indicator of that. I think she's ready to venture into more surreal topics which makes me very excited for Honeymoon. Think Mermaid Motel meets Blake's guitar meets Ronson's jazzy production with a summer vibe. I think that's how the album will be, and I trust Lana will prevail no matter what.

I can definitely see Lana bringing back some of her Lizzy-esque surf noir vibes with just a hint more rock. I think that period of her life was her most creative; before fame, before criticism, before a fanbase, when it was just her and a few producers working on AKA, she had freedom to express herself (no matter how weird.) I think now, she feels less free as an artist and more restricted by public opinion and interviews and articles. I think during her time writing BTD/P/UV, she felt as if she needed to stick to more mainstream lyrics, for example, love/heartbreak/etc. Now that she's been in the business for a few years I think she no longer gives a shit about trying to appeal to the masses, I think UV's "unlistenable" sound is a clear indicator of that. I think she's ready to venture into more surreal topics which makes me very excited for Honeymoon. Think Mermaid Motel meets Blake's guitar meets Ronson's jazzy production with a summer vibe. I think that's how the album will be, and I trust Lana will prevail no matter what.

I would actually argue that the Ultraviolence era was the beginning of her not giving a fuck about what the public thinks. Question: aside from Old Money, Money Power Glory and Black Booty lmY0WMX.gif (I think), were all of the UV songs written after Paradise?

Bm2AvMo.gif

Please forgive me, but what in hell is HDYKMSW?

I also hope for the surf noir sound with dashes of the BTD hip/hopish sound. 

I really wish she didn't announce this so early because i'm going crazy. Giving me Froot teas.

my fake tracklist:

1. Yes To Heaven
2. Woodstock
3. Lonely Companies
4. Endless Summer
5. Easy Rider
6. Wait For Life
7. Honeymoon
8. Music To Watch Boys To
9. Echoes
10. Fine China
11. Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

if you dont like you can go fuck yourself  :teehee:

UYdHGY2.png

my fake tracklist:

1. Yes To Heaven
2. Woodstock
3. Lonely Companies
4. Endless Summer
5. Easy Rider
6. Wait For Life
7. Honeymoon
8. Music To Watch Boys To
9. Echoes
10. Fine China
11. Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

if you dont like you can go fuck yourself  :teehee:

I tried, I tried hard. It doesn't work. 

The handling of the UV era was a disgrace that ended with that mockery of UV video (a good song btw). If she will have the same approach to the Honeymoon era it will be very difficult for some of us to separate her music from her public persona. You better don't do a video if you don't have the ideas or means to do it properly. You don't book yourself on Letterman, Le Grand Journal, BBC to cancel it last minute (to show that you basically don't give a fuck). I'm personally very frustrated after the UV era and that's why I'm not that giddy about Honeymoon

It's absurd to expect a musician to do anything other than make music. Period. Thing is, Lana still does so much more than that, but you all expect her to whore herself out on every TV show for "promo" so her album/single can reach maybe a position or two higher on the charts. None of that matters. Enjoy the music.

I could totally see Lana becoming more of a private person and even a shut in later in her career. Maybe she will have weeded out all the whiny and shallow fans by then.

You're delusional if you think you should worship every piece an artist creates. The whole point of a forum or discussion board is to have a discussion (madness I know!) and if you can't handle a variety of opinions then I suggest you stay away from one.

Ok but most of these people are whining about nothing. It's perfectly fine to go against their opinions too. If you can't defend your opinion then you might not want to express it. 

I'M NOT SORRY

Why you guys keep adding WFL to your fake tracklists is beyond my mind :toofunny:

At this point I strongly believe Lana is teasing us, she wants to drive this forum to it's doom with her early announcements and she's succeeding

ZmJh1LG.jpg

Why you guys keep adding WFL to your fake tracklists is beyond my mind :toofunny:

At this point I strongly believe Lana is teasing us, she wants to drive this forum to it's doom with her early announcements and she's succeeding

We can't do this because I read "We Found Love"

Maybe W84L :w8ing: