ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

I read this interview a long time ago. You think that this proves something? 

"When I was a kid playing in bars in Lake Placid," Oh, Lana, you and your ridiculous lies!  Poor Lizzy, I imagine her at 14-15 y.o (before she was sent to boarding school) playing in bars making an Audrey impersonation, being totally disregarded by "irresponsible" parents like Rob and Pat! This woman cannot distinguish between fantasy and reality but she has some delusional fans to match. I would say that I never encountered an artist as delusional as her who has no respect for the people who reads her interviews. I'm certain that she's a pathological liar, she truly needs help, I don't believe anything she said or she says.

I thought at first that she was unfairly bullied on the net, but you know, slowly I came to acknowledge that there is some truth in statements like she is a liar, a mediocre lyricist and vocalist, a horrible performer and singer. I'm not sorry to bring some of that up here but I have to admit that I didn't have the patience and the coating of my words necessary and I ended up trolling a delusional fandom.

I reiterate my idea that Honeymoon will be about performances. I predict that Honeymoon will be a failure because, let's face it, she never was a critics darling (she's a mediocre lyricist with no agency, just wait for the Honeymoon reviews fanboys, UV was a slip for her in the right direction but she retracted quickly) and she lost her mainstream appeal because of her lack of convincing performances and because her music gets repetitive, boring (Please put on a loop her recent songs Big Eyes, I Can Fly and the Haynie song and you'll get what I'm saying, if Honeymoon will sound like this will be a flop critically and commercially).

And you know fans, they will dump her after Honeymoon with no regrets (she already has half of the fans she had in 2012).

I used sarcasm at some people on this forum who attacked me but I never insulted directly anyone. But to that feeble minded MIAM I would say that you are the laughing stock of this forum, your level of thinking does not exceed that of a 12 y.o but I'm sure that you are a twenty something guy who stans for a has been diva.

I cannot overcome my negativity that I have against her on this forum because of the ridiculous statements made by some of the forum members regarding her work. So I will not post anymore, chill and continue your thread with discussions about fake track lists  

I cannot overcome my negativity that I have against her on this forum because of the ridiculous statements made by some of the forum members regarding her work. So I will not post anymore, chill and continue your thread with discussions about fake track lists  

Vaya con Dios, buddy. I hope you find what you're looking for.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

"When I was a kid playing in bars in Lake Placid," Oh, Lana, you and your ridiculous lies!  Poor Lizzy, I imagine her at 14-15 y.o (before she was sent to boarding school) playing in bars making an Audrey impersonation, being totally disregarded by "irresponsible" parents like Rob and Pat! This woman cannot distinguish between fantasy and reality but she has some delusional fans to match. I would say that I never encountered an artist as delusional as her who has no respect for the people who reads her interviews. I'm certain that she's a pathological liar, she truly needs help, I don't believe anything she said or she says.

I thought at first that she was unfairly bullied on the net, but you know, slowly I came to acknowledge that there is some truth in statements like she is a liar, a mediocre lyricist and vocalist, a horrible performer and singer. I'm not sorry to bring some of that up here but I have to admit that I didn't have the patience and the coating of my words necessary and I ended up trolling a delusional fandom.

I reiterate my idea that Honeymoon will be about performances. I predict that Honeymoon will be a failure because, let's face it, she never was a critics darling (she's a mediocre lyricist with no agency, just wait for the Honeymoon reviews fanboys, UV was a slip for her in the right direction but she retracted quickly) and she lost her mainstream appeal because of her lack of convincing performances and because her music gets repetitive, boring (Please put on a loop her recent songs Big Eyes, I Can Fly and the Haynie song and you'll get what I'm saying, if Honeymoon will sound like this will be a flop critically and commercially).

And you know fans, they will dump her after Honeymoon with no regrets (she already has half of the fans she had in 2012).

I used sarcasm at some people on this forum who attacked me but I never insulted directly anyone. But to that feeble minded MIAM I would say that you are the laughing stock of this forum, your level of thinking does not exceed that of a 12 y.o but I'm sure that you are a twenty something guy who stans for a has been diva.

You need to take a break from the internet for sure. Sounds like you've been sucked into the troll vortex.

You need to take a break from the internet for sure. Sounds like you've been sucked into the troll vortex.

Yeah, it's the obvious amount of sadism that seems to be a general characteristic of trolls, combined with the waves of sadness and anger in a post like that, which make me glad that he's taking a break from torturing animals to unleash online, but there's something inside me that feels empathy for such troubled souls, at the same time as they're upsetting me. For better or worse, Lana seems to attract a wide range of outsiders and introverts, and he's an outlier in that regard. 

Having said that, it can be fascinating to see a persona self destruct in front of our eyes like that - I wonder if his bringing up David Lynch was a hint that, like Betty Elms, his delusions were about to be ripped apart by his own words. This could all be a fascinating thing for some song on Honeymoon to be about (to try to bring this thread back to its topic).

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Ok, now STFU. Thanks

Have we got a clear date yet for when this album is supposed to drop?

i think she said she wanted to release it after the Endless Summer Tour (around August time), but this isn't definite. after all, UV was supposed to be released in May, then she met Auerbach and got it delayed to June

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I don't even understand how if a person doesn't like Lana, her lyrics, her personality, how she performs live, even her MUSIC would be compelled to join LANAboards. Like, wtf.

Anyway, I am excited for Honeymoon. I wouldn't take anything Lana had said recently and say that it is definite, but I think what shes said about Honeymoon, the genre and everything is really promising. I hope that there are some more upbeat or jazzy songs on this album, but I also hope theres some UV-esque songs as well. I mean, I really don't know what to expect because after all this is Lana lolz but I'm excited.

CRYu-l5UcAEhjM4.jpg

I'm sorry that I bothered you with my thoughts but Wow, you gave me a good laugh. Thank you for that, it's not a small thing to make someone laugh! 

I lived the day when someone pointed out to me that I'm mentally lazy in understanding Lana's deep, abstract lyrics! But I must admit that is much more easy for me to swallow the hard truth because it's coming from a true, enlightened Lana fan! You know, maybe I misinterpreted what she said about her process that she is a visual lyricist and there's no need for any deep abstract thinking regarding her lyrics. 

But I'm ready to learn. Maybe you'll explain to me the meaning of:

“Yo we used to go break in

To the hotel, glimmer and we’d swim

Runnin' from the cops in our black bikini tops

Screaming, "Get us while we're hot. Get us while we're hot.”

“Swimming pool

Glimmering darling

White bikini off with my red nail polish

Watch me in the swimming pool

Bright blue ripples, you

Sitting sipping on your black Cristal, yeah”

“I'm in his favorite sun dress

Watchin' me get undressed

Take that body downtown

I say you're the bestest

Lean in for a big kiss

Put his favorite perfume on

Go play a video game”

Or a more abstract one:

“Elvis is my daddy, Marilyn’s my mother,

Jesus is my bestest friend.

We don’t need nobody, ‘cause we got each other,

Or at least I pretend.”

etc.

Maybe I took them at face value, but I’m eager to learn from your interpretation

Sorry to derail the thread further, but I thought this specific post needed more of a response.

I don't think you can ask, "what does this or that *specific* excerpt mean", without considering the overall meaning of the song.  Once that's done, the excerpt can either fit or not. I, for one, don't find this too difficult. Her songs are pretty literal as you imply (with the exception of the sarcastic ones like National Anthem). Therefore, it's perplexing to many of us why you think aspects of her live performance or footnotes to her life given at a concert are needed to fix what is ultimately a *subjective* interpretation anyway. She even sings about this a little in "Brooklyn Baby". So ...

This Is What Makes Us Girls"
A highly sympathetic bimbo anthem. She both identifies with them (because of her physical nature and shared experiences) and paints a picture of their tragic nature:
"We all look for heaven and we put our love first
Somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse"  
I said in another post somewhere that the lyrics in this song (and in National Anthem) seem about as good as Dylan's.

"Video Games"
I like what these guys say, which is different from LDR's (stated) intention, though the Quietus article @@RiverPhoenix cites has her being consistent with what they say. I think she said that she intended to portray a happier, simpler time with the song, to hammer the point that the same song can have different meanings to different people. Actually, I think I can hold this belief without her holding it.

"Off To The Races"
or a whirlwind romance. The lyrics are literal but they exist for her to sing brilliantly at rap-like speeds. There has to be enough words and description to do this, and it's not all just physical description, but characters and feelings, and some consider it a pastiche of Nabokov, too. All in all an unambitious song (ultrasarcasm, in case you missed it).

"Body Electric"
It wouldn't surprise me if the initial lyrics are there to include Elvis, Marilyn, and Jesus in a video (holding back John Wayne as a surprise). However, all three are also relevant to the overall theme of the song as I see it. The song reminds me of Making Out (her country-like song about a defiant, charismatic, nymphomaniac), only this one is very dark, so here it's like the hedonism is a kind of "possession" and a religious conflict follows from that. There is also a fair amount of fatalism (the only thing that's going to "stay young" is the photographs, the only thing that still remains is the stench on clothes, so are these all just memories in her head from a more aged time?). 

So my rebuttal is basically this: if I can make these interpretations of her songs, why can't you? Or are you just testing us? Criticize her all you like about not being the best live performer, but she is an honest performer.

^ you'll be surprised of what you can find on Internet forums lol

There are plenty of people who disguised themselves as a fan and trash the artist whenever they can. It's more common than you think.

Do all of you fucking twats know that posting the same remarks like "this thread has gone to shit", "this is messy" and "why isn't this locked" OVER AND OVER again only ends up making it even messier.

Is that you in your picture? I really want to punch whoever that is

Ms9qXCx.gif

Bm2AvMo.gif

I mean, there hasn't been that much of chaos in here... not like Young Like Me / From the End last year.  :thumb3: That poor Italian kid..

omfg the italian kid  :toofunny:

l2Sq4K7gijMLVChUI.gif

I wonder if the lead single will premiere at the Governor's Ball a la WC at Coachella. Might be too far ahead, depending on the finalized release date.

If so, I would get to see her perform it a couple of days later. :creep: