ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Why not Heath?

Nobody blame me for opening a can of worms with this one :troll: I am genuinely curious

I am not a fan of his Enya-like soundscapes he makes. Bel Air however will always remain a favourite.

But see, I never warmed up to Paradise and Nowels was responsible for that one the most. Maybe I should have better said Nowels than Heath, cause he is the one who is giving me more Enya vibes than Heath.

I just don't want Dan Heath on the album as a co-writer or producer, but he will be on there.

Agreed. His writing is good, but his production almost always kills the atmosphere of songs for me.

Nowels, however, is incredibly gifted and really brings Lana's words to life.

This photo is amazing:

lana-del-rey.png

It has absolutely nothing to do with the thread but I needed to post it.

Hopefully we will get another flawless album cover.

qsVmBMd.png

Agreed. His writing is good, but his production almost always kills the atmosphere of songs for me.

Nowels, however, is incredibly gifted and really brings Lana's words to life.

As a writer, I can agree. As a producer, no. Just like with Heath, I miss some edge to it. That's why she will always have to reach out for somebody else, I guess.

Say about Haynie and his one trick loon whatever you want, but at least his production has some edge. Auerbach knows how to create an atmosphere, while Nowels is just bland, imo.

This photo is amazing:

#

It has absolutely nothing to do with the thread but I needed to post it.

I always loathed this picture cuz she's wearing the hair behind her ears and it makes her look like a Chinchilla :biblio:

ZmJh1LG.jpg

Lana seems to prefer working with a main producer for each LP to ensure cohesiveness. Kahne, Haynie, Auerbach. It seems like she'll have Ronson produce the majority of Honeymoon tracks unless he does not agree to.

I mistakenly read "Kahne" as "Kanye" and my heart skipped a beat for a second :defeated:

kanye_lana.jpg 

fuck yeah give it to me this is heaven, what i truly want :creep:

{and an excuse to post more tiny kanye hip hop heads everywhere) yBqhSWc.png

obligatory fluffy-puppy pic

kanye.jpg

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

I mistakenly read "Kahne" as "Kanye" and my heart skipped a beat for a second :defeated:kanye_lana.jpg 

fuck yeah give it to me this is heaven, what i truly want :creep:

{and an excuse to post more tiny kanye hip hop heads everywhere) yBqhSWc.pngobligatory fluffy-puppy pic

kanye.jpg

Wow those dogs in your sig look delighted with life - I want one.

^ I love that picture too.

I always think of this one (but more summery) when talking about the Honeymoon cover:

Or someone like these would be really cool conceptually:

tumblr_ngiz11jcEc1toxnjuo1_500.png

That one looks amazing. Imagine that with Honeymoon written at the top.

qsVmBMd.png

I thought he already produced a handful of tracks since Lana said the production was "perfect," but different from his usual style.

Maybe Heath and Nowels are somehow involved too: 

"Dan Heath and Rick Nowels are two of my dearest friends and producers and we are always up to something." for Galore. 

She said 4 songs are already finished but didn't confirm the producer. I'm not entirely sure if Mark is the responsible for the production of those tracks since they sound closer to Born to Die and Paradise. 

Maybe Heath and Nowels are somehow involved too:

"Dan Heath and Rick Nowels are two of my dearest friends and producers and we are always up to something." for Galore.

She said 4 songs are already finished but didn't confirm the producer. I'm not entirely sure if Mark is the responsible for the production of those tracks since they sound closer to Born to Die and Paradise.

But she said she brought all ten tracks to Ronson in an earlier interview. There's really no way to know for sure just yet.

And I still you guys are taking that "similar to BTD" comment far too seriously. She could have just meant that it's different from UV because it isn't as dark thematically.

But she said she brought all ten tracks to Ronson in an earlier interview. There's really no way to know for sure just yet.

And I still you guys are taking that "similar to BTD" comment far too seriously. She could have just meant that it's different from UV because it isn't as dark thematically.

I took it as lighter and clearer with strings. I don't want to give myself expectations because then I'd just be disappointed.

If by "Isn't as dark" you mean songs like American I could be down for it

But I really want songs with dark undertones, she does that better than anyone, it's cold yet elegant and calm. So amazing

Who am I kidding? Whatever she gives us, I will eat it all up  :creep: 

I hope Interscope puts the album up for pre-order a few months ahead of time instead of a few weeks like with UV. -_-

I'm so sick of Interscope honestly. think we all are

I hope Interscope puts the album up for pre-order a few months ahead of time instead of a few weeks like with UV. -_-

I did pre-order on iTunes, will never do that again. Got it much later than if I had just tapped buy on day of release.