ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

OMG, I'm gonna namedrop everybody who has worked with Lana so far and hope she makes something that sounds exactly like things she has already done!!!111!

Lol ikr? Change is good!

OMG, I'm gonna namedrop everybody who has worked with Lana so far and hope she makes something that sounds exactly like things she has already done!!!111!

people liked the sound of btd and want to hear something similar. whats wrong with that

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

It's bad of me, but I don't really trust Lana when she says her record is gonna be jazz or "unlistenable" or whatever. She called some of her old stuff "surf metal" and nothing she's ever done is even remotely metal. If she really went jazz for an album, with crazy chord progressions and polyrhythms, I'd be very excited, but I think the jazz she's talking about isnt like that. Nevertheless, I do trust her musical judgment; she went psychedelic rock on UV and it worked.

I've been listening to her a cappella demos and they're so neat. Way back when the only title we knew of for album 2 was "Black Beauty, " she said she was going for "stacked acappellas." None of the leaked tracks really fit that description to me, so I wonder what she was referring to.

everything since I don´'t want her to make a BTD Part II oder UV Part II. If you wanna listen to BTD, do it.  You don't need a new album for that.

Yeah but a lot of people think that BTD is her best work, so there's nothing wrong with people wanting a continuation of that style. You might not, that's fine, other's do, thats fine too.

I'm hoping that If Mark does end up producing he makes a nice lively song with her, rather than a moody jazz song. I mean I'm here for both but a lively summer song from him would be great. I can't really Imagine Lana singing Uptown Funk, but something similar to the fun vibe of that song.

qsVmBMd.png

I don't know why but I feel this is Ultraviolence all over again. I think Lana did finish the album or at least was close to finish it but she changed her mind/had an epiphany/ got a vision from the future (whatever shit she wants to say in the interview about Honeymoon's production) and decided that Mark Ronson gave the fire that was missing in her life  :toofunny: and made him produce the whole album  :toofunny:  :toofunny:

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

I don't know why but I feel this is Ultraviolence all over again. I think Lana did finish the album or at least was close to finish it but she changed her mind/had an epiphany/ got a vision from the future (whatever shit she wants to say in the interview about Honeymoon's production) and decided that Mark Ronson gave the fire that was missing in her life  :toofunny: and made him produce the whole album  :toofunny:  :toofunny:

She said they were written. That does not mean they were fully produced and that the whole album was finished.

i just want something that sounds new + fresh. uv worked so well because it was a complete departure from everything she'd done before (released + unreleased) and it made the album seen really cohesive and innovative for her. for me, tracks like Wait For Life didn't work so well because they felt like a rehash of old stuff and that made it feel tired + stale. i want new production, new themes & new lyrics. i don't want btd p2 or uv p2. i want a part 1 of something totally different.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

i just want something that sounds new + fresh. uv worked so well because it was a complete departure from everything she'd done before (released + unreleased) and it made the album seen really cohesive and innovative for her. for me, tracks like Wait For Life didn't work so well because they felt like a rehash of old stuff and that made it feel tired + stale. i want new production, new themes & new lyrics. i don't want btd p2 or uv p2. i want a part 1 of something totally different.

Same. WFL is bland. Ifthat one is indicative of her new album then she can keep it :x

Same. WFL is bland. Ifthat one is indicative of her new album then she can keep it :x

recently I've been sorta getting into it but ugh the production is so backwards!

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I think she has exactly in mind what he can add to the sound of the record

"That’s why I wanted to meet Mark Ronson: I played him ten songs I just composed for this next album. Not so much that he added his usual signature, soul and funk, but rather it explores a sound close to the golden age of jazz"

Forgive me for my (possible) ignorance, but what exactly would be the "golden age of jazz"? I'd like to listen to some of the artists she'll be using as an inspiration. Is she talking about, like, Miles Davis and Ella Fitzgerald? Or earlier?

Forgive me for my (possible) ignorance, but what exactly would be the "golden age of jazz"? I'd like to listen to some of the artists she'll be using as an inspiration. Is she talking about, like, Miles Davis and Ella Fitzgerald? Or earlier?

"That’s why I wanted to meet Mark Ronson: I played him ten songs I just composed for this next album. Not so much that he added his usual signature, soul and funk, but rather it explores a sound close to the golden age of jazz"

Exactly people, she's not gonna go down the Uptown Funk route - can you actually imagine? XD

Lana knows how to make a good record, Dan Auerbach said they bumped heads making Ultraviolence until she was happy with the final result, she'll be exactly the same with Ronson and Honeymoon.

I don't wanna listen to trumpets and "bada du du di dii" while walking down the street...  :toofunny:

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

Steve Buscemi and David Lynch should produce the album tbh.

Those summer nights seem long ago
And so is the girl you used to call
The queen of New York City

I don't remember her saying that, glad she has though. If she has 10 songs composed then the album is probably nearly finished. I imagine she would work fast with Mark so those 10 songs would be finished fast. Saying that, things have probably changed now and he might not be working on 10 songs with her.

qsVmBMd.png