ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

EDIT: is that screenshot real? I've never seen it before.

I very much doubt it. The screenshot was taken on a Windows machine but Lana uses OS X. I can tell. 

Ronson produces a lot of blues and indie rock and often incorporates elements of classic jazz, so this album could really be anything. It has so much potential.

Just imagine Lana's voice and lyrics mixed with 60s girl group drums, horns, and the occasional guitar. Lord. :oprah:

i think she can release a single even today. but she won't. she won't until at least june...

i have this crazy stupid theory that one of the many reasons she won't release new music in April/May is because she is waiting for Froot to fade out.

i mean she shares a common fanbase with marina and maybe she doesn't want to have their albums paired together all the time like in 2012...fair enough

maybe i'm veeery wrong though

:rip:

She doesn't even care if we like the album or not

I need some change...that's for sure. I love born to die's aesthetics and the production in ultraviolence but I want something more inspired in honeymoon (lyrically and visually).

I want her to keep the whole vintage feel of course but in a colorful, sort of surreal way...I believe a frida kahlo/salvador dali style would work for her...

I would love a bluesy remake of Oh Say Can You See, if there were any remakes at all. I would prefer all new tracks.

I expect every album to be so different from the next and that just makes me so happy and exciting.

I'm also loving the variety concept. Lana is so versatile and can do many genres well. Given this, her works still don't feel inconsistent, and you can imagine the singular connector that blends these sonic and aesthetic qualities together being her ability to combine them using a gripping and melodramatic narrative. 

"A true revolutionary is guided by great feelings of love." - Che Guevara

I would love a bluesy remake of Oh Say Can You See, if there were any remakes at all. I would prefer all new tracks.

I'm also loving the variety concept. Lana is so versatile and can do many genres well. Given this, her works still don't feel inconsistent, and you can imagine the singular connector that blends these sonic and aesthetic qualities together being her ability to combine them using a gripping and melodramatic narrative.

She really did strike a perfect balance between familiarity, continuity, and variety. It all feels so interconnected, even if you listen to AKA and the subsequent albums up to now, and it all just fits so perfect.

I'm listening to Come When You Call Me and Lana does jazz sexy, if there are songs like that on Honeymoon I'll be happy!

I'm listening to Come When You Call Me and Lana does jazz sexy, if there are songs like that on Honeymoon I'll be happy!

I have a soft spot for that track. It has always reminded me of the Sim City 4 Soundtrack, so I have some nostalgic value attached to it as well. I'd love a more distorted horn sample this time around, if we get something similar on Honeymoon. 

"A true revolutionary is guided by great feelings of love." - Che Guevara