ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Lool I wasn't shouting at you by typing in caps lock,,,it's just that my computer keyboard is stuck on caps lock....so chill out honey xoxo

I was joking lel you better fix that keyboard tho :um:

ZmJh1LG.jpg

Listening to UV was like listening to the not-yet polished version. Her voice sounded LQ with too much echo. They recorded the songs in one take so I guess that's why. They should have crafted it more.

ultraviolence had its weaknesses but it was flawlessly produced honey that's for sure...I mean the whole blues, jazz, surf, psychedelic crossover was genius...

Plus polished production is not necessarily a good thing...

The only song I thought was weak because I didn't like the vocals was Pretty When You Cry, but it has grown on me over time, still loved the production and guitar solo.

I really hope Music To Watch Boys To is the summer bop everyones listening to.. i think i've said it before but, when i hear the title i visualise two girls sitting under a tree in the shade looking towards a skate park, watching the guys on their skateboards or something.. i hope it's as incredible as west coast was tbh.. but she describes it like something similar to Big Eyes... hmmm

Anyway, if she's rehashing any old songs... Kill Kill, pleaaaaaase. In love with it

I really hope Music To Watch Boys To is the summer bop everyones listening to.. i think i've said it before but, when i hear the title i visualise two girls sitting under a tree in the shade looking towards a skate park, watching the guys on their skateboards or something.. i hope it's as incredible as west coast was tbh.. but she describes it like something similar to Big Eyes... hmmm

Anyway, if she's rehashing any old songs... Kill Kill, pleaaaaaase. In love with it

The title makes me think of a more somber sounding song, like Bel Air can't wait to hear it!

I think that MTWBT's sound will be sexy LMFAO

giphy.gif

We nearly have the same vision of the song.

When i first heard the title i imagined a group of girls sitting on the hood of a car watching cute high school boys play football.

Dunno if it's where to put it but I've been thinking of something; the new James Bond song hasn't been announced yet right? What if it was some kind of collaboration between Muse and Lana? I'm a huge Muse fan too so I'm probably reaching hard but as they've been seen together and all have some kind of really cinematic imagery and sounds and I think it could be incredibly epic. 

I really really don't want Matt to produce Honeymoon though, it would probably be disastrous, their music is so different and stuff. 

ZKcaooE.png

Dunno if it's where to put it but I've been thinking of something; the new James Bond song hasn't been announced yet right? What if it was some kind of collaboration between Muse and Lana? I'm a huge Muse fan too so I'm probably reaching hard but as they've been seen together and all have some kind of really cinematic imagery and sounds and I think it could be incredibly epic.

I really really don't want Matt to produce Honeymoon though, it would probably be disastrous, their music is so different and stuff.

Yes but so were The Black Keys music and lanas pre UV.

It could definitely work. She should keep evolving in sound, not regressing

Yes but so were The Black Keys music and lanas pre UV.

It could definitely work. She should keep evolving in sound, not regressing

Anyway I'm saying this but if they do something together and if it does sounds good I'm probably gonna die of nosebleed because I love them all so much. Just have to wait and see I guess ha, but still something tells me it wouldn't be *the best* for Lana

ZKcaooE.png

True. Sometimes an album needs a "trashy" feeling/atmosphere, and UV is a great example.

ultraviolence had its weaknesses but it was flawlessly produced honey that's for sure...I mean the whole blues, jazz, surf, psychedelic crossover was genius...

I liked the sound of the songs themselves, just not a fan of the 'cheap mic' effect. 

I like Ultraviolence and I love some of the songs on it a lot, ''Old Money'' especially, I love that song so much. I just love Born To Die so much more, production wise especially. West Coast is a really good song though and I was hoping for UV to be more of an extension of that song than what it was, because its a summery, cool song. I prefer the radio mix though which I think sounds more like the production on Born To Die, so I'm hoping Honeymoon has that production. 

qsVmBMd.png

After seeing how well Lana can do an entirely different style of music (UV), why would anyone want her to regress back to an old sound?? It'd be so much more exciting to see her grow more through a new ~sonic landscape~ than to be like "nah I don't feel like trying with Honeymoon, just gloss it with the BTD sound filter effects and call it a day."

I don't get the logic at all.

14417469274.gif

After seeing how well Lana can do an entirely different style of music (UV), why would anyone want her to regress back to an old sound?? It'd be so much more exciting to see her grow more through a new ~sonic landscape~ than to be like "nah I don't feel like trying with Honeymoon, just gloss it with the BTD sound filter effects and call it a day."

this

Wy8jf2U.jpg

Exactly, if you like Born To Die and Ultraviolence, go and listen to them people and knock yourself out :thumb2:

Honeymoon is a new era, which means it's time for something new and we all need to be fucking excited!