ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

We all know she became disillusioned with music industry/fame. She played the fame game for too long and when she finally achieved her dream it didn't feel like success. Whenever I read this interview I miss the old 24 years old Lana who was obsessed with fame:

"I'm talking about epic, knocked-down, dragged-out love stories in song. That's what I'm heading towards. I want to destroy lives with my music and to understand the glamour of danger(...). I know a lot of different people. When they are drunk, in the dark of the night they all want the same thing. They all want to be famous. It's innately human to want other people to bear witness to your life. It's important for people to be watched. They don't want to be alone. I don't want to be alone."

I feel this Lana would do anything to achieve success (and she did it). But right now  she isn't the same 24 years old Lana anymore. Her perception of music, career and success has changed.  Her interviews in UV era just make clear isn't about  moving people with her music anymore but is much more important how things are for her. Is she really wrong ? I don't know, take for example an artist like SIA - she doesn't tour or do promo regularly. A lot of indie acts do a lot of "media tour" ( talk shows, radios performances, videos) and so on but mostly of them can't really really find any chart success. 

I just sometimes can't with some Lana stans, srsly. The definition of delusional. Lana is a not a well-respected artist and regardless what she does, she won't be for the years to come.

Commercial success is the only thing that keeps her afloat.

This. UV changed her critical perception for the better but the only way she can overcome her staunch haters (rather to make their disdain irrelevant) is to be commercially successful and to have good live performances ( this is why UV wasn't nominated for The Grammies). Unfortunately she cannot be an alt queen and not because she sold a lot of albums lately (UV sold 1/5 of BTD) but the sad reality is that the alt(indie) community will never respect her artistry (this is so unfair towards her, makes my blood boil, they are just so jealous on her mainstream success). Let's hope that HM will be a good era for her because I need her voice in my life for a long time to come

If the new playlist is legit, I'm so here for the "YAS NEW VERSIONS OF UATW, YCBTB AND SERIAL KILLER ON HM" vs "Mimimimimimi I WANT NEW SOOOOOONGS" fights :hooker:

salty 

skull.gif

@@leaked_version & @@letsescapelizzy

Then how do you explain Leonard Cohen? Over 80 years old and hotter than ever. With NO hit singles, and in his entire life, one top 10 album.

He sells out Madison Square Garden and Radio City Music Hall and only does it with his lyrics, which is poetry.

The vast majority of hit tours now are by artists who were from the 1960s, 1970s, 1980s who have kept their entire fan base (those still living of course) and do so with zero new product, or when a new record comes

out, it does not sell well, except for the fan base.

What about Garth Brooks? He retired for 15 years, came back, radio won't touch his new stuff, but he is setting records in concerts left and right (and not only that, he is now free to be the liberal he always was, but had to hide

when he was in the mainstream country market going for #1s on the country chart. Garth actually is a good example- he forced people to find him, to listen to him only on country stations and refused to release singles to the Top40

stations, and people did.

Maybe a good example is Matraca Berg. Mainstream country, pop or rock did not play her songs. Yet she now is in the songwriters hall of fame and others have sung hundreds of her songs.

And Matraca also had the problem of being taken seriously because of her really good looks.

Yes, art exists. Not everyone is in it for the money, and Lana don't need a penny, so no need for money.

Lana found and got fame, on her own terms, not on the old boys network way of doing things. That alone is why the old boys network hates her. Because they can't mold her or shape her, and they can't control her.

(see:Prince for another artist they couldn't control)  For too long record companies have ripped artists off.

Lana is doing it her way, not anyone elses way.

Whatever she does or doesn't do is 100% great by me, because it's her life and she is doing as she pleases.

(Perhaps some here while debating minutia are actually forgetting it's her life and she is doing it on her own terms, and in her private life, she seems happier than ever. Maybe thinking otherwise is just thinking wrong.

The 27 narrative right before UV after all was the media picking up on a wrong fact. She was never 27 at the time, she was 28. But the media writes what they want, and ran with it.

Lana outsmarted them, and Lana outsmarted Sam Smith. Lana got the #1. Sam still hasn't gone higher than #2. I doubt anyone will remember Sam ten years from now, there will be 100 newer more relevant people than him.

But Lana will still be singing (perhaps as Elizabeth by then, perhaps still as Lana).

The one shame is, she didn't get the chance with Lou Reed. That would have been major.

and Lana is always one second away from releasing one of her many unreleased (and future unreleased) pure pop instantly catch and trendy songs that would instantly go to the top

but she doesn't. Because that doesn't fit with what she wants. But we all know them because we are lucky enough that Queen of Disaster and Pale Moonlight and the others were put out there so we can hear them.

Which is more important in the world? Writing a song or making a buck? The power is in writing and creating. The creations are there already.
A true artist creates, not sells.  (like most actual paint artists, they are not famous until decades later).

It is two different areas of being. 

Lana in her sleep could snore a song ten times better than the new Britney/Iggy song Pretty girls, is that really what anyone here would want Lana to become just to have a number 1 song?

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

WISH THESE SONGS HAD NEVER LEAKED AND WERE OFFICIALY RELEASED IN THE HONEYMOON ALBUM :'(

1. QUEEN OF DISASTER

2. HOLLYWOOD'S DEAD

3. VELVET CROWBAR

4. SERIAL KILLER

5. BECAUSE OF YOU

THESE SONGS WUD HAVE BEEN JUST SO DAMN PERFECT 4 HONEYMOON, IT MAKES ME SUPER SAD THAT THEY MIGHT NEVER GET RELEASED ON HER ALBUM!!!

OMFGGGGG !!!! LANA IS PERFORMING SERIAL KILLER FOR THE TOUR !!! THAT MEANS IT WILL B RELEASED IN THE HONEYMOON ALBUM!!! LANA GRANTED MY WISH :pray2: !! WOOHOO!! IM SOOOOO FUCKING HAPPY  :smile:

Lana in her sleep could snore a song ten times better than the new Britney/Iggy song Pretty girls, is that really what anyone here would want Lana to become just to have a number 1 song?

please stop like forreal, stop being so pretentious about chart music. all music is literally just different types of noise, no type is superior to another. also stop comparing Lana to musicians of the past, she is NOT the iconic legend that you seem to be perceiving her as + times have changed rather drastically so what deemed as success in the past is not the same now.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

@@leaked_version & @@letsescapelizzy

Then how do you explain Leonard Cohen? Over 80 years old and hotter than ever. With NO hit singles, and in his entire life, one top 10 album.

He sells out Madison Square Garden and Radio City Music Hall and only does it with his lyrics, which is poetry.

The vast majority of hit tours now are by artists who were from the 1960s, 1970s, 1980s who have kept their entire fan base (those still living of course) and do so with zero new product, or when a new record comes

out, it does not sell well, except for the fan base.

What about Garth Brooks? He retired for 15 years, came back, radio won't touch his new stuff, but he is setting records in concerts left and right (and not only that, he is now free to be the liberal he always was, but had to hide

when he was in the mainstream country market going for #1s on the country chart. Garth actually is a good example- he forced people to find him, to listen to him only on country stations and refused to release singles to the Top40

stations, and people did.

Maybe a good example is Matraca Berg. Mainstream country, pop or rock did not play her songs. Yet she now is in the songwriters hall of fame and others have sung hundreds of her songs.

And Matraca also had the problem of being taken seriously because of her really good looks.

Yes, art exists. Not everyone is in it for the money, and Lana don't need a penny, so no need for money.

Lana found and got fame, on her own terms, not on the old boys network way of doing things. That alone is why the old boys network hates her. Because they can't mold her or shape her, and they can't control her.

(see:Prince for another artist they couldn't control)  For too long record companies have ripped artists off.

Lana is doing it her way, not anyone elses way.

Whatever she does or doesn't do is 100% great by me, because it's her life and she is doing as she pleases.

(Perhaps some here while debating minutia are actually forgetting it's her life and she is doing it on her own terms, and in her private life, she seems happier than ever. Maybe thinking otherwise is just thinking wrong.

The 27 narrative right before UV after all was the media picking up on a wrong fact. She was never 27 at the time, she was 28. But the media writes what they want, and ran with it.

Lana outsmarted them, and Lana outsmarted Sam Smith. Lana got the #1. Sam still hasn't gone higher than #2. I doubt anyone will remember Sam ten years from now, there will be 100 newer more relevant people than him.

But Lana will still be singing (perhaps as Elizabeth by then, perhaps still as Lana).

The one shame is, she didn't get the chance with Lou Reed. That would have been major.

and Lana is always one second away from releasing one of her many unreleased (and future unreleased) pure pop instantly catch and trendy songs that would instantly go to the top

but she doesn't. Because that doesn't fit with what she wants. But we all know them because we are lucky enough that Queen of Disaster and Pale Moonlight and the others were put out there so we can hear them.

Which is more important in the world? Writing a song or making a buck? The power is in writing and creating. The creations are there already.

A true artist creates, not sells.  (like most actual paint artists, they are not famous until decades later).

It is two different areas of being. 

We all know Shitty Girls is trash,that doesnt mean we dont want Lana to chart, nobody wants her to do that kind of music. Stop with that shitty ass mentality of the alternative/indie queen and bullshit, like she's NOT that anymore. SHE'S MAINSTREAM DEAL WITH IT. 

Umm...Pretty Girls failed to hit #1 on iTunes and it's not likely that it will be #1 on the BB hot 100. Top 10 if they are lucky 

Just saying  :D

OMFGGGGG !!!! LANA IS PERFORMING SERIAL KILLER FOR THE TOUR !!! THAT MEANS IT WILL B RELEASED IN THE HONEYMOON ALBUM!!! LANA GRANTED MY WISH :pray2: !! WOOHOO!! IM SOOOOO FUCKING HAPPY :smile:

um,

"Lana is performing Serial Killer for the tour"≠" It will B in the Honeymoon album!"

sorry

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

graham4anything, on 07 May 2015 - 01:50 AM, said:snapback.png

please stop like forreal, stop being so pretentious about chart music. all music is literally just different types of noise, no type is superior to another. also stop comparing Lana to musicians of the past, she is NOT the iconic legend that you seem to be perceiving her as + times have changed rather drastically so what deemed as success in the past is not the same now.

Yes have to totally agree with Heartcore on this one. All very true.

She should release two discs (Paradise style) in HM: The first with new songs and the second with, for example, 8 tracks of the unreleased collection with new arrangements. 

For me:

1. Go Go Dancer

2. Kinda Outta Luck

3. Serial Killer

4. Playing Dangerous

5. Us Against The World

6. You Can Be The Boss

7. Hollywood's Dead

8. Last Girl On Earth

It would be just perfect. Take your time Lana and prepare something like this :3

it's obvious she's not doing a remake of Serial Killer because it sounds the same. plus it's already perfect anyway. but if it's included in Honeymoon, I will die of hyperventilating. everything I've predicted about Honeymoon has proven to be correct and I bet I will finally have a favourite Lana album.

SHE DID SAY SHE HAD ALREADY WRITTEN MOST OF THE SONGS. what if they're just unreleased? because the UV era went to quick for me.

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

I'm so confused. Is her performing Serial Killer, YCBTB and UATW just a nice little thing she did for her hardcore fans or are they actually going to be on Honeymoon? + is her cover of Do Right going to be on Honeymoon? This is whack. 

I'm so confused. Is her performing Serial Killer, YCBTB and UATW just a nice little thing she did for her hardcore fans or are they actually going to be on Honeymoon? + is her cover of Do Right going to be on Honeymoon? This is whack. 

They are nice little things for the fans and the cover of Do Right will not be on HM (there will be a different cover)

I like that she includes more upbeat songs in her setlist now though, You Can Be The Boss, Off to the races, Us Against the World are more lively than any of the songs she regularly performed on her previous tour. If this is any indication of what she is into nowadays / what kind of songs she feels like singing, then maybe we can expect Honeymoon to be a more upbeat album too with faster songs. (can you even imagine? Songs in the vein of Florida Kilos/OTTR, it would be lovely :godlaugh: )

Why is it whack?

You guys always bitch an moan about her not performing her unreleased material and when she performs one her best ones, y'all wish yourselves some Ride, national Anthem and Body ELectric.