ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Speculation: From all this my take is that HM is a contract filler album and she's on her own from now on. I don't expect any promo tbh or good videos because Interscope probably didn't gave her the money for it. I read recently an interview with Janick, the head of Interscope, and he barely mentioned that Lana will release an album this year. I hope for a good album nonetheless but now I'm getting tired by the way people (included some of her fans) are treating her. It's exhausting for me as a fan but I could not imagine how was/is for her. I don't think that is that far fetched that she'll retire after HM, she said it numerous times and my feeling is that she meant it and she's just waited for the contract to end because this is not only about her. That would explain the speed of the releases also. I think that she's genuinely depressed and she just cannot harness any joy out of being in this business that is only working for the self-absorbed and self assured characters.

I worried about this at first, but she seems far too excited about the album. Dark side of the music business aside, Lana loves creating music and sharing it with her fans and seems to believe that she has made something quite great in HM. 

Lana never said that she'll release something this month! The model said something but he knows shit tbh. The only real clue that we have is that she released that nonsensical snipet on instagram and that she sung acapella HM on tour. She practically annointed Nowels as the main producer of HM also on Instargam.

Speculation: From all this my take is that HM is a contract filler album and she's on her own from now on. I don't expect any promo tbh or good videos because Interscope probably didn't gave her the money for it. I read recently an interview with Janick, the head of Interscope, and he barely mentioned that Lana will release an album this year. I hope for a good album nonetheless but now I'm getting tired by the way people (included some of her fans) are treating her. It's exhausting for me as a fan but I could not imagine how was/is for her. I don't think that is that far fetched that she'll retire after HM, she said it numerous times and my feeling is that she meant it and she's just waited for the contract to end because this is not only about her. That would explain the speed of the releases also. I think that she's genuinely depressed and she just cannot harness any joy out of being in this business that is only working for the self-absorbed and self assured characters.

Remember when she tweeted "Vice running shit now starting with Ultraviolence" and she only released a video for UV? I wonder if that means this era Vice is still running shit. But yeah I agree, I feel like HM will be a filler album.... Unless UV was meant to be and she's going to carry this era for a good two years, release an EP with it 6 months later, promote it on a world tour, release singles and higher budgeted videos... etc.

Am I the only one who remembers when the model was like "Oh yeah I have no idea what song this is for!" and then like two weeks later "Music To Watch Boys To, coming this month!" Bitch......  :bye2:

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto5_500.jpg

"honeymoon is alive and breathing" ummm no bitch

more like "i put honeymoon back to sleep"

I love how Lana literally did nothing wrong, nothing is confusing so far, and yet people still feel the need to act like she owes them shit right now. Like, dude, the IG account is up and running, we got a snippet this last week. We'll likely get a song or some info within the next few weeks. Ppl need to chill jc 

I hope to god the lead single has as much impact as Ride and West Coast, they were perfect and gave me all the feels.

I hope to god the lead single has as much impact as Ride and West Coast, they were perfect and gave me all the feels.

that's my problem with Honeymoon -- you don't need to hear the whole song to realize the chorus isn't epic and impactful like Ride/West Coast. 

Hopefully something else is the lead single with a little more life

^^^ agreed, you can tell that "our honeymoon" repeated four times is NOT gonna be an epic chorus. So much of UV was repetitive like that with just the title repeated four times, considered a "chorus." I mean, UV had great verse melodies and some great choruses, but overall... Ultraviolence, Sad Girl, PWYC, FMWUTTT, and bonus tracks...all so repetitive.

Idk where the epic, wordy choruses of BTD disappeared to :(

I love how Lana literally did nothing wrong, nothing is confusing so far, and yet people still feel the need to act like she owes them shit right now. Like, dude, the IG account is up and running, we got a snippet this last week. We'll likely get a song or some info within the next few weeks. Ppl need to chill jc

sorry, it was just mild amusement on my behalf. i wasn't even that bothered. it was a joke lol :hooker:

also barrie just called lana "Betty Spaghetti" on twitter lmao :air:

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

Just when I thought this thread couldn't get any worse. It did. Now it's a filler album. What's next? :smh:

It's actually a reissue of the standard edition UV with 4 new tracks. All the songs from the standard edition of UV will be hip-hop loon remixes commissioned by Haynie and Cedric Gervais. The 4 new tracks will be rejects from Paradise that Lana has self produced on GarageBand.

Each song will receive a video with a custom filter made by Instagram exclusively for Lana.

She will have 1 show on each continent. No merch will be sold. Phones will be consficated. She will perform an entire setlist containing her best unreleased songs. 

BzhmW.png

Ultraviolence: Honeymoon Edition would have been the perfect name for a re release tbh

that's my problem with Honeymoon -- you don't need to hear the whole song to realize the chorus isn't epic and impactful like Ride/West Coast. 

Hopefully something else is the lead single with a little more life

Still hoping Music To Watch Boys To is a summer bop

Honeymoon is actually a Christmas album, the lyrics to honeymoon are just to fuck with everyone it's actually "hee hee ahhh ah ha, Santa and I going on our honeymoon, I'm in my little red party dress in his sleigh tonight, dancing through the stars in the pale moonlight, feeling fucking crazy on Christmas night, I know if I go, I'll die merry tonight"

It's actually pretty good despite being a Christmas album she's gonna do a massive tour worldwide "Endless Christmas Tour" in poorly fitting retro Santa style outfits and replace daddy with Santa in all her songs. Truly magical

She teased Body Electric before Rde by playing it live and it wasn't the lead single of Paradise.

Honeymoon sounds NOTHING like a single, I guess it'll be a promosong as it's the title track though,

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!