ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

I'm so happy I got to witnessed Lana Del Rey in her prime.

You gals missed out. Xoxoxo

Red Carpet: (before)

Bruno+Mars+walks+red+carpet+Met+Gala+Met

Now:

lana-del-rey-golden-globes-2015-05.jpg

Three years is such a short time for such a decline. *sadface

Lady Gaga teas.

okay sorry to bring this back but am i the only one that thinks she looks better in the second picture? why she got shit for wearing that i have no idea it's sooooooooooooo beautiful

FzytWEW.png

Anyone who calls Lana fat now is just rude. The girl has put weight on but she clearly isn't fat.

I do agree though she looked better during the BTD era, but if she's happy with a bit of weight on then that's none of our business and while I still think she looked better in the BTD era, she still looks hot even with a bit of extra weight on. 

Honestly I care more about her hair and clothes than her weight. The beehive is back this era, so Im happy.

qsVmBMd.png

when do u guys think the album in its entirety will leak? or will they keep a closer leash on it this time?

I hope it leaks next Friday but I can wait

Mfhp.gif

her hair style isn't the same as it was in 2012-2014... the middle part didn't really exist till tropico and those endless summer bangs didn't exist till endless summer.. maybe if you weren't so focused on looking at and judging her (rather natural looking 30 yr old) body then you would realize that lol

You need to go back to school and learn to read, ''analwinterofmylife''.

Lana isn't fat at all. Has she gained a little weight, yes, but when someone goes from being really thin to a normal size, they don't deserve to get attacked. I don't think her weight has affected her style or aesthetic at all. It's changed, but I don't think her weight is why.

I would love for the people calling Lana fat to post pictures of themselves and let people tear them apart about their bodies (and style for that matter). Next time you tear Lana down for her weight, think about someone doing the same thing to you. You horrible little shits

@

No. I disagree

Dan is telling the interviewer that the interviewer knows it, because the press is one of the reasons spewing the hate Lana line. Dan himself was jealous of Lana and a hater, until he

wasn't. James Franco himself was not a fan, until all the SNL backlash started, and he realized she was not only being attacked bully style, but that she preservered and outlasted her

critics and is flying high now. James himself has similar problems.

Elizabeth/Lana has stated numerous times, she wants the "collective" creative experience, much like the 1950s/1960s poetry cafes in NYC and SF and wants to be one the boys so to say.

Hits and commercial success on others terms is not important. Being respected in the community is more so, and Dan now respects her, James now respects her, and you can tell the

music industry respects her because they are now telling their own artists "give me Lana"  BUT all those artists are eager to play the game to be commercial and have hits, and will do anything for a hit ("you're a whore" she admonished to Lorde in IFMWTTT). So the unique one spawns every other clone (including Taylor who really, come on, owes Lana a songwriting royalty for

Wildest Dreams, and Miley releases a psycadelica type lp that without Lana having existed she never would have done.

They all want to be her.

So, put me down, but Lana is going to be looked at as influencial musically as say the solo Michael Jackson without being Michael herself. (She won't have the hits, the flash, the fireworks in a show). But she spawns the industry the same way

and 800 people have sung "Hallelujah". Guess what, only Leonard Cohen WROTE IT. Yet in a 50 year career, he himself never hit the singles charts

(sarcasm-OMG he mentioned Leonard Cohen again).

The Honeymoon video, the tour bus in the video, the sign at Mel's

It is quite simply to put something I posted sometime earlier-

Elizabeth Grant being photographed by her sister Chuck, is riding in the bus going to tour the stars homes of the all-time greats, and guess what, Lana Del Rey is one of the mega-stars houses being visited on this fictional tour bus.  Elizabeth photographed by Chuck could have special meaning. An ordinary person boarding a tour of the stars bus will normally have someone (family,spouse,friend) with them, who snaps a picture of them looking at the stars sites wide eyed in anticipation. I for one find the optics stunning.

and nobody ever gave a shit that Archibald Leach became Cary Grant and Lucille Fay LeSeuer became Joan Crawford or Marion Morrison became John Wayne were not their real names and that legendary movie Cowboy Roy Rogers came from Chicago and was named Leonard Slye. Nobody ever questioned them nor said they were not authentic.

In Hollywood, everything is an illusion.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Sometimes I get frustrated at Lana but I thank god every day I got to witness her during 2011 - 2012. It was something really special.

I keep seeing comments on YT asking " ew why are people obsessed with her". Clearly the person asking is seeing her decline not her peak. The Caityln Jenner comments are also stupid as well.

Her face has become so bloated (due to the weight) and her beauty is now related to a transgender shame. She was a fashion icon between 2011 - 2012. Attending fashion shows, cover magazine, H&M endorsements, Mulberry etc. Her videos were a work of art.

I've had it with some of you on here I swear. The past 5 pages have been people calling her fat, extreme spamming and now transphobia.

Turn on your location I'll fight you too

This album will be her most successful commercially for sure. Her streaming power has somewhat returned this era. HBTB has almost 17 millions views and has stayed on the charts for more than three weeks. (A new record for her)

But it will be panned critically. Probably lower than Born To Die.

Music To Watch Boys To will probably have even more views due to the male models.

No, and no. 

Her style team is EXACTLY the same. That's the weird part. Nothing has really changed but things are not the same.

Then it's her who is making the overall decisions about her style. She probably always had some degree of control, but I think her style became more honest around UV and will continue to be that way.

Then it's her who is making the overall decisions about her style. She probably always had some degree of control, but I think her style became more honest around UV and will continue to be that way.

Yes, in the BTD era she was in the way to make herself an important figure in the industry so she and her team had to keep everything together (look wise) 

Ew, Im so frustrated this place is becoming Atrl 2.0. Some members are here just to discuss sales, shade Lana because of the lack promo and drag her for her appearance instead of appreciating beautiful tunes like Terrence loves You.