Sign in to follow this  
PARADIXO

Azealia Banks Not Okay With Gay Men Using the Word 'Bitch'

I should have bought the ticket and avoid following her on twitter. My mistake. I knew if I'd keep following her, I would lose interest because of her attitude and the way she chooses to express herself, which I found often very rude and disrespectful, even though she's also interesting and super funny. She has pertinent things to say about racism, subtleties that I never noticed before and I'm glad she got me interested in knowing more about what was the situation right now, compared to the hell I lived in elementary school being the only black. Somehow, I wanted to avoid the question (racism) to forget a difficult past.

I don't hate her, I don't have hard feelings against her and I honestly wish her the best. It's not because someone that I like is rude with me that I'm gonna start crying or hate this person. It was the accumulation of her negativity that got me uninterested. Her career won't be over because of me reselling my ticket, I'm not gonna cry because I'm not interested in an artist anymore when there are zillions other great ones and the girl who bought my ticket was so happy to be able to go, so no drama here.

I feel like I'm one of the few people that are taking time to look past her insults and rants, but clearly you're doing the same thing. People fail to realize 99% of the time that even though someone is considered famous doesn't mean they'd have to put up with the shit people are saying to them, that's why I like Azealia's attitude. Even though you did sell your ticket I think you really should've experienced her show live.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

Maybe people should stop calling her a :), dyke, bitch, cunt, whore, etc. then maybe she would stop saying faggot? It's literally common sense that a lot of these people are lacking in those tweets against her. She's clearly lashing out because people are attacking her.

Well, of course they should, noone should be attacked like this. On the other side, she's always whining about how mean everyone is towards her when she herself is not ANY better than those people. You can't advocate for someone acting like shit by saying "we know she reacts like this if you provoke her!" It doesn't change anything about the fact that she's saying/writing bullsh*t. I'm gonna exaggerate now, so don't take it as a personal insult or anything, but if you took this argument to the next level it would be "you know he hits you if you don't cook his dinner like he wants you to, so why do you still complain about it?"

I feel like I'm one of the few people that are taking time to look past her insults and rants, but clearly you're doing the same thing. People fail to realize 99% of the time that even though someone is considered famous doesn't mean they'd have to put up with the shit people are saying to them, that's why I like Azealia's attitude.

Her attitude is constantly attacking people, insulting them and having double standards? Well, ok, if this is an acceptable attitude in your opinion there's not much to say about it

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Well, of course they should, noone should be attacked like this. On the other side, she's always whining about how mean everyone is towards her when she herself is not ANY better than those people. You can't advocate for someone acting like shit by saying "we know she reacts like this if you provoke her!" It doesn't change anything about the fact that she's saying/writing bullsh*t. I'm gonna exaggerate now, so don't take it as a personal insult or anything, but if you took this argument to the next level it would be "you know he hits you if you don't cook his dinner like he wants you to, so why do you still complain about it?"

Her attitude is constantly attacking people, insulting them and having double standards? Well, ok, if this is an acceptable attitude in your opinion there's not much to say about it

She doesn't just go out of her way to attack random people, she's not just @ing the Pope or Michelle Obama or some random lady. People are attacking her first. And for the example, it doesn't really fit this situation but Azealia, like everyone else, deserves respect and decency of human compassion. If gay people weren't such hypocrites in the first place then she wouldn't have to defend herself against them. She clearly doesn't hate gays or whoever else, she's just tired of the "omg Azealia is ranting, let's call her a :) and hurl 2000 insults at her until she mentions me so I can feel some attention". It's pathetic and needs to stop.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

She doesn't just go out of her way to attack random people, she's not just @ing the Pope or Michelle Obama or some random lady. People are attacking her first. And for the example, it doesn't really fit this situation but Azealia, like everyone else, deserves respect and decency of human compassion. If gay people weren't such hypocrites in the first place then she wouldn't have to defend herself against them. She clearly doesn't hate gays or whoever else, she's just tired of the "omg Azealia is ranting, let's call her a :) and hurl 2000 insults at her until she mentions me so I can feel some attention". It's pathetic and needs to stop.

I completely agree, noone should attack people like this.

But still, that doesn't justify the way she rants. Especially not if she herself is so sensitive about so many things. If you feel opressed when someone calls you a bitch, then don#t use the term faggot. Simple as this. I think it's incredible how some people get destroyed for just one sentence like this ,even if it may be much less rude and she gets away with it all the time because she keeps playing the victim the second someone critisizes her behaviour.

Oh and pls this"If gay people weren't such hypocrites in the first place then she wouldn't have to defend herself against them" is such a cringy sentence. Just becaus esomeone is an asshole towards you and calls you slurs, doesn't mean you have to be an asshole yourself and use slurs against a group of people. "He called ma a :) bitch, now I'm going to call him a worthless white trash faggot!"  Kindergarten kids learn that this is not a good way to behave.

Oeple are extremely rude towards her, that doesn't change the fact that she's super rude herself and lashes out extremely quickly.

Boohoo. Y'all already know she's like this when people attack her so why even cause the drama? She's an artist, not your friend or some kind of advocate.

We already know what she's like and that's why we don't like her. Are we supposed to be okay with all her drama and the horrible things she says just because we 'know she's like this' and she does this all the time? That's even more sad.

We already know what she's like and that's why we don't like her. Are we supposed to be okay with all her drama and the horrible things she says just because we 'know she's like this' and she does this all the time? That's even more sad.

Azealia only starts talking shit after being attacked, nothing more, nothing less. Y'all saw it during her feud with Perez Hilton in 2013. As I said before, Azealia doesn't find random people to pick fights with on a daily basis. She has only been retaliating against people who are calling her everything but her name. Just look at any tag on Twitter "Azealia + really any slur", it's not hard to see people are rude and disgusting just for the fun of it. I do not condone her use of the word faggot whatsoever, don't put words in my mouth.  :facepalm:

I completely agree, noone should attack people like this.

But still, that doesn't justify the way she rants. Especially not if she herself is so sensitive about so many things. If you feel opressed when someone calls you a bitch, then don#t use the term faggot. Simple as this. I think it's incredible how some people get destroyed for just one sentence like this ,even if it may be much less rude and she gets away with it all the time because she keeps playing the victim the second someone critisizes her behaviour.

Oh and pls this"If gay people weren't such hypocrites in the first place then she wouldn't have to defend herself against them" is such a cringy sentence. Just becaus esomeone is an asshole towards you and calls you slurs, doesn't mean you have to be an asshole yourself and use slurs against a group of people. "He called ma a :) bitch, now I'm going to call him a worthless white trash faggot!"  Kindergarten kids learn that this is not a good way to behave.

Oeple are extremely rude towards her, that doesn't change the fact that she's super rude herself and lashes out extremely quickly.

The part in bold answers your own post. She's not crying because people are calling her those things, she's just not letting it slide by unnoticed as many black female celebrities (or female celebrities in general). The gay men in her mentions are hypocrites, they post rude messages about her appearance, race, sexuality, etc. (filled with more slurs than I can count) but once she said faggot then the entire world is against her and won't give her a chance to speak on a level field with the media without making her the stereotypical angry black woman character. People are literally rising from the dead to @ her with some bs about how she should love and respect people that are sending her death threats. Azealia is still very much a person who is in pain from all of the constant harassment from losers behind the computer screen who would never do it to her face.  :creep:

I'm just glad I got to enjoy seeing her live before I knew what she thought about me  :crossed:

Unless you're one of the hundreds of people attacking her on a daily basis, I don't think her comments are directed to you... :hooker:

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

you guys are being dramatic and hypocritical as hell. talking about unstanning and how much she's turned you off now or whatever. like where have you been for the past two years when she's been just as "offensive"? now that yall have been to her show and got her amazing album out of your system, you're talking a big game, right? shut up no one cares.

Unless you're one of the hundreds of people attacking her on a daily basis, I don't think her comments are directed to you... :hooker:

Well, she wrote about whites being lizard people and linked to David Icke (who is more often quote by white supremacists, but if you want to hurl that sort of idea, you can't be too choosy who you're quoting). And I'm pretty sure that the fact my particular brand of whiteness hasn't saved my ancestors from centuries of genocide isn't going to give her any reason to pause when lumping me in with the cross burners. At least she's an incredible performer :(

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Well, she wrote about whites being lizard people and linked to David Icke (who is more often quote by white supremacists, but if you want to hurl that sort of idea, you can't be too choosy who you're quoting). And I'm pretty sure that the fact my particular brand of whiteness hasn't saved my ancestors from centuries of genocide isn't going to give her any reason to pause when lumping me in with the cross burners. At least she's an incredible performer :(

I mean the brand of annoying white gays who don't realize they're being offensive or just don't care because they're part of an oppressed group.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

you guys are being dramatic and hypocritical as hell. talking about unstanning and how much she's turned you off now or whatever. like where have you been for the past two years when she's been just as "offensive"? now that yall have been to her show and got her amazing album out of your system, you're talking a big game, right? shut up no one cares.

You're talking to the same people who liked Halsey a week ago and then hated her because she "spit on her fans at the concert." 1 thing. She does 1 thing... 

She said black people should hunt the people whose ancestors were slaveowners, is that what you're referencing...? She's fucking disgusting.  :hdu:

The way that I see the whole "Oh, I'm bisexual and my brother is trans and my whole team is gay so I can say faggot" it's like the "I'm not racist, I have a black friend" cop out. It's like saying a white person she dates should be okay to call her a ni*ger. I'd love to see her reaction to that situation :lmao:  :deadbanana:

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto5_500.jpg

The part in bold answers your own post. She's not crying because people are calling her those things, she's just not letting it slide by unnoticed as many black female celebrities (or female celebrities in general). The gay men in her mentions are hypocrites, they post rude messages about her appearance, race, sexuality, etc. (filled with more slurs than I can count) but once she said faggot then the entire world is against her and won't give her a chance to speak on a level field with the media without making her the stereotypical angry black woman character. People are literally rising from the dead to @ her with some bs about how she should love and respect people that are sending her death threats. Azealia is still very much a person who is in pain from all of the constant harassment from losers behind the computer screen who would never do it to her face. :creep:

Ok so next time I hear someone talk shit abou black people, trans people, gays or womemn I will ask them if people that belong to one of the group have ever offended him. Because in this case, that's seemingly ok then Edited by Electric Body

Hang on, I thought she also didn't like people using the word "bitch" in an offensive way, but she just called someone a bitch  :facepalm:

What a hypocrite

with her, it's always about victimising white gay males. every rant she has on her twitter involves her hatred for white gays and it's honestly just so tiring

FzytWEW.png