Fluorine

Charli XCX

7 hours ago, domandapiano said:

This album is going to be a complete collapse and the fact that my boyfriend of four years is acting like the singles aren’t good is making me ask myself if maybe I should release him to the wolves :candy:

hahaha my boyfriend was kinda like "ugh i dont really like this club thing she's going for!!" cause he REALLY loved crash and is mostly into radio-friendly pop music... but i've managed to brainwash him into getting addicted to von dutch and b2b and now he is as excited as me for the album (well not really cause i'm literally into tears begging for friday to come)

3 hours ago, soccermom4life said:

Brooke also recorded block?? Wow 

it's confirmed for her sophomore album

3 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

I couldn’t have done this pre-release without you rollwithme :trisha:

Friday starts our new lives as Brat will be released into the world forever. I’ll miss who I am today, but the future is bright green :oprah:

Kinda crazy that it hasn't leaked yet. Like sure 2 demos leaked months ago and her team leaked Talk talk but the fact that this album's out in like 3 days and has already started popping up in stores yet the full thing has not leaked yet is very crazy for a Charli album. 

lowquality1717981842993.jpg

Just now, TrashMagiq said:

Kinda crazy that it hasn't leaked yet. Like sure 2 demos leaked months ago and her team leaked Talk talk but the fact that this album's out in like 3 days and has already started popping up in stores yet the full thing has not leaked yet is very crazy for a Charli album. 

especially because we’ve seen that people already have physical copies :meltdown:

2 minutes ago, Cherry Blossom said:

her magnum opus is incoming :defeated:

my predicted album ranking post Friday:

True Romance

brat

how i’m feeling now

Pop2

Number 1 Angel

Crash

Charli

Sucker

I have a feeling mine will be:

Brat

Pop 2

HIFN

N1A

Charli

Crash

True Romance

Sucker

Just now, Chorli Xbox said:

especially because we’ve seen that people already have physical copies :meltdown:

I've noticed that people don't like to WORK anymore. Like, when an album used to pop up in stores early you'd have rabid gays calling all their local record stores and making trips to them to try and find the album and then post it online. But now an album can be on shelves for DAYS and in the hands of several people yet not a single mp3 file is to be found. Perhaps a LQ phone recording if we're lucky. Brazilians we need you!

lowquality1717981842993.jpg

10 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

I've noticed that people don't like to WORK anymore. Like, when an album used to pop up in stores early you'd have rabid gays calling all their local record stores and making trips to them to try and find the album and then post it online. But now an album can be on shelves for DAYS and in the hands of several people yet not a single mp3 file is to be found. Perhaps a LQ phone recording if we're lucky. Brazilians we need you!

the only way we can get to this album is buying at some international store :defeated:
but we can hope for some brazilian sister living outside to go for that mission

18 minutes ago, rollwithme said:

I have a feeling mine will be:

Brat

Pop 2

HIFN

N1A

Charli

Crash

True Romance

Sucker

this is my ranking exactly omg taste. i also expect brat to take the no. 1 slot

I hope yall know major retailers like Target have POS restrictions that won’t allow the sale of an item before street date based on their UPC.

The only way we’ll get an early rip from someone finding it on the shelf is if an indie record store sells by accident (which would harm their business), someone who works at a record store rips it in secret, or someone steals it.

29 minutes ago, Cherry Blossom said:

her magnum opus is incoming :defeated:

my predicted album ranking post Friday:

True Romance

brat

how i’m feeling now

Pop2

Number 1 Angel

Crash

Charli

Sucker

true romance will always be that girl :kiss3:

sgopYhV.gif

Literally. Tho, Crash Tour was my first live Charli show so I may be biased.

8 minutes ago, brandon said:

seeing crash so low in these rankings…:(

45 minutes ago, brandon said:

seeing crash so low in these rankings…:(

When every album is a masterpiece, it’s hard to have them all at the top.

just remember that Charli’s lowest ranked project still is better than almost any other artist’s best project :true:

Spoiler

“On “Sympathy Is a Knife,” synth stabs and machine-gun handclaps are paired with stuttering beats and distorted bass to form a mass of bone-rattling bedlam.”

“I’m famous but not quite/But I’m perfect for the background/One foot in a normal life,” she muses, her voice pointedly disguised by Auto-Tune, on “I Might Say Something Stupid,” a brooding, minimalist ambient ballad in the key of Kid A“

I might say something stupid” takes another turn with a soft and mellow synth tone, while Aitchison’s equally soft Auto-Tuned vocals take listeners through her feeling like she can’t fully be herself, needing to wear a mask or disguise when she goes out. “I don’t know if I belong here anymore, I—” she ponders, as the song suddenly cuts off on that note, and you’re immediately taken to “Talk talk,””

“Charli’s reckoning with her status as a cult star on “Rewind” is cleverly juxtaposed with the glitchy sounds of a tape looping”

“The upbeat “Rewind” continues that narrative, as Aitchison sings, “Sometimes/ I just wanna rewind/ Wanna turn back time” over a tune that takes you into a trance. She recalls life before fame, body insecurity and celebrities calling paparazzi on themselves for photo ops.”

:lange: