Fluorine

Charli XCX

13 minutes ago, Embach said:

Popping up here to ask (as a casual Charli listener), why so many Angels here seem to dislike Charli 2019? I love it, Silver Cross is my favorite song from that album.

1999 and Blame It on Your Love stick out like a sore thumb and make the entire album feel disjointed - that’s my biggest issue.

51 minutes ago, Embach said:

Popping up here to ask (as a casual Charli listener), why so many Angels here seem to dislike Charli 2019? I love it, Silver Cross is my favorite song from that album.

Local discount Pop2

1 hour ago, Time said:

At this point it’s just like, why are you even still here complaining..? Charli is obviously obsessed with that mf and has been for the last 7 years 😭 he’s not going anywhere

it was a joke irdc who she collabs with i will still listen to the originals :brigitte: 

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

1 hour ago, Embach said:

It took 3 years to make and went through many different soundscapes. I think people were unsatisfied with how “collage” centric the record is. I reallly think they missed a big opportunity not naming the record NEXT LEVEL Charli

1 hour ago, Embach said:

I love the songs on that album but my main problem with it is that it feels like a weird mix of label-pleasing and doing the cling clang krr krr thing. It feels more like a playlist than an album. And it came right after N1A/Pop 2/the XCX World leaks so the bar was set really high.

sig-cropped.png

1 hour ago, rollwithme said:

1999 and Blame It on Your Love stick out like a sore thumb and make the entire album feel disjointed - that’s my biggest issue.

39 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

It took 3 years to make and went through many different soundscapes. I think people were unsatisfied with how “collage” centric the record is. I reallly think they missed a big opportunity not naming the record NEXT LEVEL Charli

this.

if she named the record NEXT LEVEL CHARLI and ditched the label pleasing songs like 1999 & Blame It On Your Cock, it would be pretty solid 

It was also such a slap in the face to dig up Blame It On Your Love as the leaked demo she chose to put on the album (not even mentioning that awful feature) while Bounce was left to rot without even the decency of getting a droplet release.

so who is it this time

SOPHIE • ARCA • SKY FERREIRA • YEULE • CHARLI XCX • WILL TOLEDO • JAMIE STEWART • CHELSEA WOLFE • YUNG LEAN • ECCO2K • NATURAL SNOW BUILDINGS • EARTHEATER • FIONA APPLE • BJÖRK • ANNA VON HAUSSWOLFF • KRISTIN MICHAEL HAYTER • RICHARD D JAMES • DEADMAU5 • MICHAEL GIRA • LIZ PHAIR • LANA DEL REY • TINASHE • FKA TWIGS • DEATH GRIPS • SNOW STRIPPERS • A. G. COOK • ETHEL CAIN • NICOLE DOLLANGANGER • KATIE JANE GARSIDE • SHYGIRL • BABYMETAL • CARLY RAE JEPSEN • PERFUME • BEYONCÉ • MACHINE GIRL • KILL ALTERS • RINA SAWAYAMA • A$AP ROCKY • FRIENDZONE • JOANNA NEWSOM • JANE REMOVER • UBOA • KATE BUSH • SARAH BONITO • SLAYYYTER • AYESHA EROTICA • CAROLINE POLACHEK • KELELA • DEVONTÉ HYNES • WEYES BLOOD • JULIA HOLTER • COCTEAU TWINS • TORI AMOS • HANNAH DIAMOND • FLORENCE WELCH • GIA MARGRET • SKULLCRUSHER • DEFTONES • KESHA • LORDE • BONNIE MCKEE • COBRAH • GOODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR • YUNG SHERMAN • SEA OLEENA • POPPY • DEAN BLUNT • DEAR NORA • T.A.T.U. • NAMASENDA • POISON GIRLFRIEND • TOVE LO • ZHEANI • ORTIES • BLADEE • AESPA • BANKS • ONEOHTRIX POINT NEVER • OTAY:ONII • TEAADORA • IMOGEN HEAP • ROSE MELBERG • 

8 hours ago, Embach said:

as a hardcore angel its Charli was my magnus opus before Brat came out! 

and i think pop 2 is easier to get into than Charli, charli is way more diverse while Pop 2 is much more cohesive

its in that diversity that i lover about Charli tho! 

the album roll out was a blast too, constant remixes and single out every week! 

7 hours ago, rollwithme said:

It was also such a slap in the face to dig up Blame It On Your Love as the leaked demo she chose to put on the album (not even mentioning that awful feature) while Bounce was left to rot without even the decency of getting a droplet release.

i blame Nakata tired ass for this

(the label would have approved or been more willing to release the song with a Kyary feature since they did NOT like Bounce or anything charli was doing i guess?)

it prolly had to do with language barrier but honestly from the outside it seem he doesnt play nice with anyone else (locking Perfume to himself and shutting them down when they showed interests in getting more involve with the music (writing)

at least in recent years/interviews i think he is more open with them but still

ANYWAYS yes last i heard from AG Cook (he mentioned it somewhere) Nakata never sent over Kyary's vocal files.

Edited by Vulnicura

8 hours ago, Embach said:

and yess Silver Cross is such an endearing beautiful song :defeated:

“Charli” was peak vibes when it came out.

It was coming right out of the mixtape era, it was XCX 3, but not XCX World (but that was ok…). The album was finally out.

It was pre-pandemic and I still had a social life… :toofunny:  and I remember after a particularly fun night out, I listened to Shake It and I was like “this song sonically literally sounds like my night last weekend” :eartha:

It was truly a wild time. :defeated: :defeated:

1 hour ago, Heartmachine said:

“Charli” was peak vibes when it came out.

It was coming right out of the mixtape era, it was XCX 3, but not XCX World (but that was ok…). The album was finally out.

It was pre-pandemic and I still had a social life… :toofunny:  and I remember after a particularly fun night out, I listened to Shake It and I was like “this song sonically literally sounds like my night last weekend” :eartha:

It was truly a wild time. :defeated: :defeated:

:wub: listening to next level charli had me tearing up ughh such a cute angel dedicated song like she made that for us :crai:

im having hellogodbye on repeat recently

the pure bliss the synths are the end put me in. AG cook you will always be famous!!!