Fluorine

Charli XCX

Does anyone else think late 2016/early 2017 was one of the more depressing periods in charli's life she suddenly gained cystic acne which she never had even while a teen and lost tons of weight although I don't know what the reason was

Does anyone else think late 2016/early 2017 was one of the more depressing periods in charli's life she suddenly gained cistic acne which she never had even while a teen and lost tons of weight although I don't know what the reason was

Ā 

I know she tried to lose weight for ATAP and like ate super healthy

Ā 

the acne thing was weird tho she had very bad breakouts but now her skin looks beautifulĀ 

tbh its because she always slept with her makeup on and now her mua is using Charlotte Tilburry who is known to sleep in her makeup lol

I love how charli looks literally stunning when Colby does her makeup and someone does her hair but she also posts pictures when she has no glam squad and literally looks like a mess in 2 day old makeup and a hat over her rats nest hairĀ 

Ā 

relatable queenĀ 

Ā 

I know she tried to lose weight for ATAP and like ate super healthy

Ā 

the acne thing was weird tho she had very bad breakouts but now her skin looks beautifulĀ 

wait why did she try to lose weight ? for the vid?

i know youre not that much of an insider, but im hoping this was spoken into existence!

i cant listen to 5itm live LQ for all of eternity like P4U and PP

Ā 

:rip: it was supposed to be out 2 weeks agoĀ 

d2z2Mep.png

I actually like your comments most of the time, because I notice that you try to relate things to your own experiences (especially with your band, that was a cool post), but it just doesn't seem like a good idea to speculate so heavily or make authoritative statements or try to "crack the code" when we're the outsiders. I think it makes perfect sense that you can't give Atlantic money for songs that haven't been released on a public platform.

Ā 
Of course labels are "all about the money", it's an industry! Each record label is a business! That's not a fault of the music industry, it's just the nature of the beast.
I don't like the way the rest of this comment is worded because it makes it seem like Charli has absolutely no agency or creative vision, which she's asserted she doesĀ in various interviews. It treats Charli as an inorganic product. A puppet.Ā 
Ā 
They're gonna push what's popular. That's just the smart thing to do. That doesn't mean Charli's new trap direction is a result of Atlantic pushing that sound on her, it's just that, unfortunately, trap's influence made it's way into Charli's music.

Ā 

Yeeeah, maybe I jump to conclusions from time to time... and that's the last thing I want to do is sound like a conspiracy theorist or whatever, but I just try to make sense of it all in my head, like I ask "why is all this happening?" That's just how I am... I want to know why. Idk, like if you read between the lines its like Charli made an album, and if it was truly "done and the best stuff she's ever done" and the label ultimately hasn't pulled the trigger, I see that as removing creative control from the artist at that point. It's no ill-will against Charli, her creativity is not in question at all... it's just that those are kind of the implications. Even she was upset with the label for a while... publicly.

Ā 

Idk, I'm just bitter that Vroom Vroom was the big tease of things to come with XCX3... I've had my "angry-forum-goer pitchforks" out and maybe I like to call out Atlantic a little too much lmao... but SOPHIE, PC Music, Round and Round, Taxi, etc... everything was sounding great and fresh, you see that within the fanbase there's all this excitement... but then it's all label hell for like 2+ years, "album's coming out, album's coming out!" and it has just never come out lol. I was super hyped for all of that... And don't get me wrong, the mixtapes are great. I do like them a lot, and at least the label settled on the terms to allow her to release them... allow her release SOMETHING, ya know? But we all know the album was something different...

Ā 

What I'm trying to say is that I wish the label seemed to trust in Charli's creative vision MORE, because if they did, we likely would had the album ages ago. It's like that business aspect is getting in the way of the art, and that's what I really dislike about the music industry. That's why I like a lot of "mid-label" type artists... the kind of stuff that is still super good, catchy, more alternative and even progressive takes on pop rock and pop music, but the label doesn't muck up the creative or album release process for the sake of pushing the latest big hit.

Ā 

Ā 

I mean, we all know how hard Charli works, but even if she wanted to release a bunch of stuff, I feel that the label is only going to push what they want to push, trying to force a hit, and we'll never get to hear anything, even if it's good... People love Bounce, Round and Round, GNO, Taxi, and all these other withheld songs, so like, where are they? But I guess even if Charli herself didn't want to release them, that's her choice, but it's her loss as well. There's demand... maybe not the kind the label is expecting, but IMO, they're making this era far too complicated.

Ā 

Ughhh... :facepalm:Ā  lol idk mannn... probably not the best wording here, but I just want to see Charli do big things. She's my favorite pop queen... because she's different. And Atlantic signed her, so it's like, let her BE different. Let her be a little bit off-beat ya know? That's her thing.