Fluorine

Charli XCX

I don't like either version. Someone call me when No Angel leaks thanks  :bye2:

TjmiIK4.png

For me personally, I just try and apply what I know about the music industry and imagine if I was a label, how I'd do business. Like I'm already a business-minded kind of person and live the corporate grind everyday. It's just that "time is money" frame of mind that I have.

I mean, Charli puts in the time but the girl's gotta get paid! I want buy her new music and there are still songs out there that we know the time went into writing and recording them, but there still physically isn't an end product to even purchase. We physically can't buy the music we know exists, to justify her time, or the label's time, so where is that raw return of investment coming from? Time is valuable right? Like that's just how people make a living...

And the way the music industry works... Idk, it just doesn't make sense. I physically want to give Charli (and Atlantic) my money for these XCX3 songs, but we physically can't... I'm saying it here right now, "Take my money, Atlantic!" but Atlantic says "no." lol

I actually like your comments most of the time, because I notice that you try to relate things to your own experiences (especially with your band, that was a cool post), but it just doesn't seem like a good idea to speculate so heavily or make authoritative statements or try to "crack the code" when we're the outsiders. I think it makes perfect sense that you can't give Atlantic money for songs that haven't been released on a public platform.

It was too forward-thinking... big labels are all about the money, not the art, and if the typical pop sound is going to appeal to the masses, that's what they're going to try and push. It sucks.

Charli has more of an "alternative" appeal... yet she has the talent and has had a few cross-over hits that went huge. It's almost like the label is desperately trying to recreate that, and its gotten in the way of her vision for XCX3, and because she isn't really that typical pop star figure that the major labels like to market, it's very likely seen as a risk to release an album of futuristic, electro/PC Music, game-changing party bops. It's more of an "underground" sound ATM...

The music industry is just in the pits... it's a shame. The mainstream pop formula has gotten so stale, yet it's all they continue to want to push.  :crossed:

Of course labels are "all about the money", it's an industry! Each record label is a business! That's not a fault of the music industry, it's just the nature of the beast.
I don't like the way the rest of this comment is worded because it makes it seem like Charli has absolutely no agency or creative vision, which she's asserted she does in various interviews. It treats Charli as an inorganic product. A puppet. 

They're gonna push what's popular. That's just the smart thing to do. That doesn't mean Charli's new trap direction is a result of Atlantic pushing that sound on her, it's just that, unfortunately, trap's influence made it's way into Charli's music.

Perfect statement. I can't remember who said it earlier but yeah like Atlantic lacking confidence in her has had a knock on effect and she's clearly not confident in singing anymore at all. It's actually so frustrating to watch. I think that a lot of people don't like admitting she sounds bad, but just because you're a big fan doesn't mean you should blindly pretend everything she does is amazing

- I'm okay with not getting the party album but anything other than this current route would be ideal lol

yikes fkajdhf clearly? at all?? It doesn't sound like she lacks confidence, she just isn't being as skillful and precise with her delivery as she usually is. It just sounds sloppy/lazy :( but yeah I totally agree with everything else 

yikes fkajdhf clearly? at all?? It doesn't sound like she lacks confidence, she just isn't being as skillful and precise with her delivery as she usually is. It just sounds sloppy/lazy :( but yeah I totally agree with everything else 

She actually did say she's not confident in her voice anymore it's really sad. I love love love love the excessive autotune but she does or at least had a pretty voice w/o it.

Here's a quote from the Fader interview about it.

CHARLI: For me, now, it’s a necessity. I record with Auto-Tune all the time, and I basically have done for the last three years solid. I feel very insecure singing without it. I feel nervous and really panicked. It allows me to be way more fearless when I’m in the studio, because I hate the sound of my own voice without it. I’ve really got it in my head that I have no pitch any more. 

She actually did say she's not confident in her voice anymore it's really sad. I love love love love the excessive autotune but she does or at least had a pretty voice w/o it.

Here's a quote from the Fader interview about it.

CHARLI: For me, now, it’s a necessity. I record with Auto-Tune all the time, and I basically have done for the last three years solid. I feel very insecure singing without it. I feel nervous and really panicked. It allows me to be way more fearless when I’m in the studio, because I hate the sound of my own voice without it. I’ve really got it in my head that I have no pitch any more. 

but that doesn't have much to do with tone inconsistencies, timing issues, and ugly vowels! I feel like autotune is a crutch for her and she's slacking off. 

I've never listened to a Rita Ora song before this and WOW she might have one of THE blandest voices I've ever heard. Like Bebe sounds awful but at least she has something lmao

The song is officially out here and it’s a different version from the link that was posted here today?

The one posted earlier has the pre-chorus from the live version:

“In a summer haze, hush loving”

The official (?) version has the pre-chorus from the leaked demo:

“Just rolling Js, kush loving”

How weird, because I assumed that Picosong link was from the NZ release.. so was it actually a leak?

The song is officially out here and it’s a different version from the link that was posted here today?

The one posted earlier has the pre-chorus from the live version:

“In a summer haze, hush loving”

The official (?) version has the pre-chorus from the leaked demo:

“Just rolling Js, kush loving”

How weird, because I assumed that Picosong link was from the NZ release.. so was it actually a leak?

it was the clean version

d2z2Mep.png

but that doesn't have much to do with tone inconsistencies, timing issues, and ugly vowels! I feel like autotune is a crutch for her and she's slacking off. 

I posted that in response to confidence thing you said though, not the rest of the vocal criticism. I definitely do think she could be better in the vocal area. I'm always saying this but I see her more as a songwriter than a singer anyways. She's never been the most technical singer. Of course everyone wants her to sound her best live but she has to make that effort herself. When she does make a solid effort she sounds great. I'd love to hear her improve so she can do more.  At least her songwriting and stage presence are great still imo. I thought she sounded p good when I saw her at the Pop 2 show tbh

it was the clean version

Oh yeah, that makes sense then because Cardi’s verse actually had the expletive removed. But is the clean even being released? There’s only the 1 version on iTunes for me.