Fluorine

Charli XCX

19 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

i think she's saying "we're cam girls" but i keep hearing "cankles" lmao

She’s saying “work angles” like as in working your angles in a photo shoot. But it sounds wrong and weird without an extra word

7 hours ago, soaringHigh said:

No mean to be a hater or anything because I actually think 360 slaps in it's own way and I got Club Classics, VD, and B2B on my most replayed songs of this year but this album is just shaping to be another Radical Optimism case where Charli misleads people into thinking this will be a 'club' album. I mean yeah I can see this play in clubs somehowish but the club vibes are barely there and as I've seen others point out with Dua's new album, the psychedelic influences are barely there and if you look away for a split second you'll miss them. 

We're just getting glossy, polished, plastic pop with tinges of dance music and hell I love it (360 sounds like XCX World which is very bratty in it's own way) yet this seems more in line of a continuation to the $ellout era. This is definitely not what Charli described intially: 

evoking the illegal London rave scene where Charli XCX started performing "when [she] was 14 or 15"

I have to disagree, the remixes of the album tracks she played on her Boiler Room set seem heavily club oriented, and all of the singles so far read as sweaty club bangers to me. and while XCX World is very much a pop album at it’s core, I don’t think it’s fair to call it glossy, polished, plastic pop— not that I think it’s a dirty word or anything— but I think it’s much more experimental and has it’s hard moments, and I think that’s a more apt description for CRASH. I think we’ve gotten so used to the sounds on XCX World that we forget how harsh the album can be at times, like there’s a reason Atlantic shelved it at the time lol. plus, a lot of the songs on XCX World feel very club oriented to me, and she even said as much on interviews at the time

all of the singles so far have been different from each other and I think we’re gonna get different flavors of club-oriented dance/electronic music on the album. I don’t think the Radical Optimism comparisons are accurate since 1) none of the songs sound like they could be on CRASH (imo) 2) I think she’s keeping her promise—I mean Girl, so confusing is very much inspired by the Ed Banger/Uffie mid 2000s club songs that she’s talked on and on over the years about how much she’s influenced by.

again, I think this is a case of where we’ve gotten so used to Charli’s sound that her music just sounds really innocuous to us, but we’re 100% getting a club record and it’s probably gonna go really hard :diva:

1 hour ago, rightofjupiter said:

Me too its actually torture how I look like an icon work cankles:brigitte: 

1 hour ago, rollwithme said:

I did not expect Closer to scalp me like that….

if Charli really does release a compilation of scrapped songs that didn’t fit on a project, Closer better be on it

REAL SHIT NOW YOURE SPEAKING OTHER LANGUAGES THAT NO ONE UNDERSTANDS BUT ITS JUST THE PUREST WRECKAGE, HES GOIN ROUND IN CIRCLES CAROUSEL AND FULLY ELOQUENT, HE COULD TOUCH GOD HES IN HEAVEN FOR THE MINUTE, HES ON ANOTHER LEVEL SCREAMING :oprah4:

6 minutes ago, renaissance said:

call me delulu but 360 is my fav single so far 

No you're not delulu, the faggetes bashing the song in this thread are on an early weekend poppers high and come monday they will have sobered up and seen the light. :lmao::beyonce:

im excited I keep rewatching the teaser vid the close up shots of her face are so glamourous and intriguing the director really translated his photography style really well into video format :wub: and y'all are always somewhat negative in here about new releases which I think just shows how diverse Charli really is that we all love these different sides of her and wanna bitch when 1 song isn't aligning with our vision of what her art should be

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

360, to me, comes off as a joyful and fun song about loving life. Obviously it’s Charli just talking about herself - but everything about it just makes me think about daylight, partying with friends, community, etc

as the album opener, it’s introducing us to the sonic and thematic world of Brat

i think the video of Charli dancing on top the car surrounded by thousands of people that adore her just enjoying the moment really encapsulates that feeling and tbh it could’ve been a fun music video concept

i just hope the MV has that same energy. Seems like it will be different, but I’m hoping I’ll still be impressed.

4 hours ago, rightofjupiter said:

LMAO im pretty sure she’s saying “work angles” but now i will just hear cankles