Fluorine

Charli XCX

1 hour ago, Time said:

Since when do we hate Shake It, Cross You Out and 2099…?

Hide contents

Charli remains her second best album with Pop 2 being 1st

Anyways, does anyone here have all the XCX World tracks in their respective highest possible quality, collected in a folder or something?

would be much appreciated:)

(tried sharemania, but all the links have expired)

this is actually insaned.... charli is her most uncohesive messy album with a bunch of walmart version pop2 songs... like maybe her worst album... (era/tour was fun though)

28 minutes ago, Wanna Get Fucked Up said:

this is actually insaned.... charli is her most uncohesive messy album with a bunch of walmart version pop2 songs... like maybe her worst album... (era/tour was fun though)

Her best work IS and will ALWAYS BE hifn. To be in that moment was nothing short of an incredible, once-in-a-lifetime experience that I will not soon forget. Anyone claiming otherwise wasn't there! It's a shame she didn't really get any recognition for the project. To do it in such a short period of time and have it turn out so amazing, while also putting a bow on the sonic evolution she'd developed since Vroom Vroom EP...It felt like a true goodbye to the era of PC music for her. I'm a hifn stan until the day I die!

39 minutes ago, Wanna Get Fucked Up said:

okay, you say messy and uncohesive and I say eclectic, diverse and a showcase of her versatility as a musician. For me it's a display of what pop music is (the more conventional songs) and what pop music could be (the more experimental songs)

in short: enjoy the messiness:silly:

2 minutes ago, Mariahspoolboy said:

Her best work IS and will ALWAYS BE hifn. To be in that moment was nothing short of an incredible, once-in-a-lifetime experience that I will not soon forget. Anyone claiming otherwise wasn't there! It's a shame she didn't really get any recognition for the project. To do it in such a short period of time and have it turn out so amazing, while also putting a bow on the sonic evolution she'd developed since Vroom Vroom EP...It felt like a true goodbye to the era of PC music for her. I'm a hifn stan until the day I die!

See, I've noticed how that is the typical argument from people whose fave album is hifn. Meaning, most of the positive feelings people have towards that album come from the circumstances surrounding its release (the lockdown, fan involvement, how quickly it was conceived) and not the music itself.

pink diamond, forever, claws and visions are priceless songs, but the rest are just fine

3 minutes ago, Time said:

See, I've noticed how that is the typical argument from people whose fave album is hifn. Meaning, most of the positive feelings people have towards that album come from the circumstances surrounding its release (the lockdown, fan involvement, how quickly it was conceived) and not the music itself.

pink diamond, forever, claws and visions are priceless songs, but the rest are just fine

I disagree. I love every single song on the project. No skips album for me. Can't say the same about any other Charli release and I've been around since she opened for Marina before TR was out.

true romance is my favorite but hifn is def her best. the party 4 u > anthems > visions sequence is simply the peak of her artistry

argue with the wall :clapback:

27 minutes ago, Mariahspoolboy said:

Her best work IS and will ALWAYS BE hifn. To be in that moment was nothing short of an incredible, once-in-a-lifetime experience that I will not soon forget. Anyone claiming otherwise wasn't there!

The inverse is actually true for me like I barely revisit that album specifically because of how intertwined it is with peak Covid. The songs are fine though like outside of enemy, 7 years and party 4 u, I don't really revisit it as much.

Charli and Crash gets more replays from me.

Ok not the aesthetic I pictured for this type of sound lol. Thought it would've been more like...popping bright colors, von dutch hats, y2k rave style clothing, l messy 14 era style graphics. Don't like it. :noparty: But at least the music goes off :true: