Fluorine

Charli XCX

i really love the 12" aesthetic of the cover although i'm not a fan of the photo used, it seems to be very easy to maintain a cohesive visual throughout the era and that's very exciting! crash visuals were all over the place

3 hours ago, twitter said:

WAITTTT is Spring Breakers a track she wrote for Britney??? They’re TOO many hints of it being from Britney’s POV. I broke down the lyrics:

Reveal hidden contents

• “Never get invited cause I’m such a hater” in 2007 Britney said “the Grammy’s can kiss my ass” and has only been to the Grammy’s ONCE in the 14 years since.

• “Crazy girl shit, gunna go Spring Breakers” Britney was Hollywood’s crazy girl for a while + the movie Spring Breakers has so many Britney references.

• There’s literally an “Everytime” sample!

• “Everytime I make it so Outrageous” These are two songs from Britney’s 2003 album In The Zone

• “Vroom vroom in a big pink trunk” Britney drives a pink hummer in her Do Somethin’ music video

• “February 10th and I’m gunna pull up”

FEBRUARY 10, 2003 THE ICONIC PHOTO OF BRITNEY IN HER VON DUTCH TRUCKER HAT AND A SHIRT WITH THE WORD ‘FUCK’ ACROSS THE FRONT 

Ik I’m reading way too into it and it’s 95% not a song that was pitched to Britney… but the coincidences…. 

:omg: WAITTTTTTTT

Hey at least it reached the 2 minute mark, unlike Speed Drive.

Spoiler

Honestly a song like this was always going to be short, it sounds high energy all the way through and would get tiring after a while for most. Look at I Love It, Next Level Charli , Speed Drive, WTMI remix (Charli's part is less than 2 minutes), XCXoplex, Pink Diamond, Anthems (still under 3 minutes) is the only exception

Von Dutch is most likely gonna be a solo EASYFUN production and while his productions are always welcome, I feel like it would have been better if the first taste we got from the album was something that would showcase her creative chemistry with producers she worked with the first time ever like Gesaffelstein and Hudmo or reveal other producers who worked an the album and who we didn't know contributed to it yet. The lineup of the producers we know so far is fucking incredible tho (George being the only flaw but I guess I could forgive her for that if we get some Dylan Brady, Umru and Danny L Harle production on XCX6 as well)

1 hour ago, cool3dworld said:

also sorry i feel so stupid but does Spring Breakers sample Everytime by Britney? thats super cool

It’s sampled right before she sings “everytime I make it so outrageous” I think it’s actually a sample of Slayyyter’s COVER of Everytime which is very… meta